How to handle a bad VP

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I've been around the block on these HR knife fights a number of times. They are just mitigating the settlement pricetag.

Your part is done...Just stay the fuck out of it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I've been around the block on these HR knife fights a number of times. They are just mitigating the settlement pricetag.

Your part is done...Just stay the fuck out of it.

And DON'T TALK ABOUT IT WITH ANYONE. At least, until the principals are gone.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
She will probably get a stern talking to over the sexual harassment, but he was blunt, they would pursue the liquor thing more. The sexual harassment thing...was just flirting is how she would probably put it. There was no inappropriate contact or suggestions.

And this class, is gender bias.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is HR allowed to lie to you during an investigation to get your cooperation? Kinda like cops.

Nothing technically prevents an HR person from lying. It's counterproductive for HR to lie however as a rule of thumb.

• 2Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Nothing technically prevents an HR person from lying. It's counterproductive for HR to lie however as a rule of thumb.

HR and Management will lie to you if it protects the company interests. HR has no vested interest in your well being, only in the corporate well-being. That is the truth.

• 2Like

Vaclav

HR and Management will lie to you if it protects the company interests. HR has no vested interest in your well being, only in the corporate well-being. That is the truth.

If you think HR is always out to get you, you either: A) have horrible HR, or B) don't have a good perspective on what they're actually doing. I'd go more into length but I really don't care to debate the subject.

Signed, a MSHRM.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Brand

Molten Core Raider
If you think HR is always out to get you, you either: A) have horrible HR, or B) don't have a good perspective on what they're actually doing. I'd go more into length but I really don't care to debate the subject.

Signed, a MSHRM.

I've always had horrible HR. I've been a senior manager for many years...There is no hippocratic oath for HR. You might be an amazing HR professional...But that is an exception, not a rule. Also, I viewed this thread as being from the employee side of the equation...It is very scary to deal with HR from that side of things and you need to be extremely circumspect in your disclosures and admissions.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
HR fealty is to company above all else, that's undebatable lol

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Sure they're there to protect the company. I was just wondering if them lying to you while they were investigating something could make them look worse in a wrongful termination suit. I could see a jury taking it as evidence that the company was 'out to get' said employee.

Unless there's some precedent to protect them like cops have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Reading this thread gave me PTSD-like flashbacks to the few years I spent working at a big 4 accounting firm. I need a drink.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Sure they're there to protect the company. I was just wondering if them lying to you while they were investigating something could make them look worse in a wrongful termination suit. I could see a jury taking it as evidence that the company was 'out to get' said employee.

Unless there's some precedent to protect them like cops have.

From everything I've been told in my years educating - and the times I was advised by such because of a legal thing in process - lying during something like this can only have negative consequences.

I'd do lies of omission by deflecting or ignoring a question all damn day though to run circles around something like that coming up however.

Vaclav

HR fealty is to company above all else, that's undebatable lol

While not untrue - there's plenty of cases where "good for the company" is also good for the employee - a good HR person tries to look for win-win for both whenever possible. But yea, given a choice where someone is going to get fucked, company or employee - never been a case where the employee won in my life. That said, I don't personally feel like I truly ever fucked anyone - because every case I can recall was for the greater good of the remaining workers by sacrificing a few.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My boss is a 46 year old Irish guy. Mother fucker can't help but drink, same way my peeps have to shoot each other in the face.

This is one of the funniest things I've read on this forum in some time. Great thread.

SeanDoe1z1

This is starting to get into /thathappened territory

Lol, this happens all the time.

There is some subset of women that become total cunts in corporate like some weird ass coping mechanism. I am reading through this and it 100 % describes my first year at my current job. Gotta get the woman past menopause to be worth a damn in management.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha yea because all your male bosses were just chill as fuck. Right bro?

I'm not really an apologist and fuck me women really are a pain in the ass to deal with in corporate America but bosses in general just suck. Male or Female. And this story proves it. Brahma's director (male) is acting like a petulant child because "wah wah people agree with me I think"

• 3Like

SeanDoe1z1

Haha yea because all your male bosses were just chill as fuck. Right bro?

I'm not really an apologist and fuck me women really are a pain in the ass to deal with in corporate America but bosses in general just suck. Male or Female. And this story proves it. Brahma's director (male) is acting like a petulant child because "wah wah people agree with me I think"

The main difference is male driven field with female bosses.

Never had a male boss throw his dick at me. Guess I am not trying hard enough.

SeanDoe1z1

And I agree most bosses are shit, got to keep that monthly exec bonus on the rise. No dispute there. Most boards are just internal dick swinging contests anyway.