Interesting, Non Political News

47l1k7.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
This would be great for the microdosing community.

Alright, I'm old. Fairly sure my last trip was August 28th, 1982. Ya know, all in all, those years were a fine way to while away my teens. But deep down I knew, I really didn't want to be hitchhiking around the country, watching a man who obviously is in the wind-down of having diabetes, heart disease, smoking 2 packs of filterless camels a day, and being a stone junkie, all while me being dosed and stoned a fair amount, when I hit 20 years old.

So then I became chief of thoracic surgery at Boston General, and never looked back.

But seriously, is microdosing actually a thing? I'm way out of touch past decade or so. But I've heard about it. Kinda makes me laugh my ass off that I might be dealing with a bank officer opening a savings account, and he's riding a nice buzz.

My God in some ways this world is truly hilarious.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Alright, I'm old. Fairly sure my last trip was August 28th, 1982. Ya know, all in all, those years were a fine way to while away my teens. But deep down I knew, I really didn't want to be hitchhiking around the country, watching a man who obviously is in the wind-down of having diabetes, heart disease, smoking 2 packs of filterless camels a day, and being a stone junkie, all while me being dosed and stoned a fair amount, when I hit 20 years old.

So then I became chief of thoracic surgery at Boston General, and never looked back.

But seriously, is microdosing actually a thing? I'm way out of touch past decade or so. But I've heard about it. Kinda makes me laugh my ass off that I might be dealing with a bank officer opening a savings account, and he's riding a nice buzz.

My God in some ways this world is truly hilarious.
Ya. Can be used as anti-depression/anxiety disorders, brain cell regeneration, central nervous system regeneration, etc.
LSD microdosing is similar, though I haven't experimented personally. I recall having exceptional Math and problem-solving skills for a few years after my last trip though. And seeing PacMan every time I looked at the back of a car :smart:
If I understand correctly, most of Silicon valley microdose constantly. Sounds legit considering the work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
I mean, once you get "used" to what all that stuff does, I could totally see how microdosing would be quite useful and helpful even. I sometimes travel to a good research-level university to chill in their library for a day. I do that kind of research, and now that I am thinking about it, microdosing is so diff from "hang on to your fuckin hat" dosing. Libraries are pretty cool. Lots of books.

Thanks! Happy Trails, MfF

But remember. Always avoid this situation:
47hg99.jpg

• 1Like

Cybsled

Isn't microdosing/controlled use of hallucinogens what they did to replicate what happens to a person who has profound religious experiences? I recall reading about that years ago and they thought it might be a good psychological treatment for things like depression.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was surprised to find out Ketamine therapy is a legal thing for depression in Colorado. They've tried to pass a shrooms version but I don't think it has passed yet. i've even thought of giving it a try, but a buddy of mine OD'd on ketamine, so it sorta gives me a bad feeling even in a controlled setting.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
My wife had it for CRPS and it seemed pretty harmless. She was an inpatient during the treatment so that was boring but otherwise it's just a controlled infusion.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I was surprised to find out Ketamine therapy is a legal thing for depression in Colorado. They've tried to pass a shrooms version but I don't think it has passed yet. i've even thought of giving it a try, but a buddy of mine OD'd on ketamine, so it sorta gives me a bad feeling even in a controlled setting.

Seems like pretty much everything is a treatment for depression now adays. Despite that, seems like more people are depressed. I feel like there's something screwy going on.

• 1Picard

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
WASHINGTON –The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Switzerland Federal Office of Civil Aviation today announced that they have reached an agreement in harmonizing domestic and international safety standards for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).

This agreement builds on U.S and Swiss efforts to ensure that the fastest growing and broadest segment of aviation is integrated safely, efficiently and seamlessly around the world.

“UAS activities are now accepted worldwide as a vital sector of aviation,” said Jay Merkle, executive director of the FAA's UAS Integration Office. “This U.S./Swiss agreement continues the move forward of the safe, efficient, and internationally harmonized integration of these vehicles into the world’s airspace.”

The participants intend to collaborate under a Declaration of Intent (DOI) on UAS issues of mutual interest and benefit. The primary objectives of the DOI are to provide opportunities to engage in research and development; exchange ideas, personnel, and information; provide coordination with other government entities and stakeholders; and to collaborate on other initiatives and projects determined to be of mutual interest and benefit in relation to UAS operations.

Specifically, the participants handle the oversight and regulations of UAS in their nations’ airspace.

The Innovation and Digitalization Unit of Switzerland’s Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA) is the primary authority and point of contact designated by the Swiss Confederation under this agreement to develop regulations covering UAS activities, including certification and surveillance of drone designers, manufacturers and operators. FOCA leads Swiss efforts on UAS and is the designated authority in charge of facilitating the integration of drones into Swiss airspace. FOCA also promotes technological and operational research in the field and the development of all aspects related to these aircraft.

The FAA's UAS Integration Office, the Agency’s technical point of contact under this agreement, coordinates the development of drone-centric operating concepts, policies, requirements, criteria, and procedures for new system evaluations. The office is responsible for leading the Agency’s innovation agenda to support UAS integration and the implementation of emerging technologies, drone-related research and development priorities, and the development of international and domestic operating standards.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like pretty much everything is a treatment for depression now adays. Despite that, seems like more people are depressed. I feel like there's something screwy going on.

I think it is becoming apparent that these types of drugs, microdosing/therapy, are beneficial for people. All of the MKUltra shit they were doing to weaponize them really stained the true benefits of such drugs and we are now starting to see the benefits of real studies being done.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I have a friend who microdoses LSD regularly. Enough to give him a vibe, but not so much he can't work. He's a programmer and says it also helps there. He's offered to help me try it and says it could help with my mood but I haven't had the balls to do it yet. I'm worried I'd be one of those fucked up cases that ends up either as a permanent resident of the funny farm, or testing out my flight capabilities off the 13th floor.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just got off the phone with one of the big wigs at the FAA about an issue I've been having at a specific airport and it was elevated to this guy because of the nature of the issue. Doesn't matter, but over the course of the phone call he did very strongly imply that Uber & Amazon are going to be going crazy with drones much sooner than I thought, "likely 2 years or less" according to him.

• 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I just got off the phone with one of the big wigs at the FAA about an issue I've been having at a specific airport and it was elevated to this guy because of the nature of the issue. Doesn't matter, but over the course of the phone call he did very strongly imply that Uber & Amazon are going to be going crazy with drones much sooner than I thought, "likely 2 years or less" according to him.
Hmm double it if it was the govemrent saying that.

• 2Like

My psychiatrist, that I've been seeing since 2008, is a honest dude and has always been straight with me. Private practice, so he does what he thinks is best vs what happens in hospitals where ALL doctors are usually "supervised" by rule and protocols the hospital demands.

He said, plz do not try the Ketamine. He said the effects are likely short lived, and ketamine does not look "A-OK!" when you look at what it could potentially do to your, well, brain.

Strangely, he recommended a nice joint and a walk in the mountains every week or so. Works for me!

I have no views on recreation -- that is one's own business -- but if we talking about mental health stuff, thought i would add what my doc told me about K. I think strong stuff, psychedelics, you just gotta be careful with, period.

My personal view is, psychedelics are not "recreational" drugs. They are too powerful. Even microdosing I would be very careful, but if I knew I was totally stable and my life was in order, I can see how it could work. Work quite well in fact lol. But not for novices, I would say. I might be wrong, but I think it is important to know what that sort of stuff is about (oooo, boy, if you never tripped before, clean, no other drugs, well, try to make room on your calendar someday. And only be around true friends. And someone who is more "experienced" as Hendrix would say.)

And yes, many old cultures have used psychedelics in spiritual rituals. Prior to LSD, that is how we heard about them. I can def understand why they work in those kinds of settings. I am thankful, even grateful, I never took psychedelics to "party and get high." There was a purpose to it.

I took a trip at a zoo once. Not recommended for novices. Some of the animals were happy, but I got the distinct sense some of them were kinda going nuts with all the cages and stuff. Me and one tiger in particular had an especially long chat.

Last edited:

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I mean, once you get "used" to what all that stuff does, I could totally see how microdosing would be quite useful and helpful even. I sometimes travel to a good research-level university to chill in their library for a day. I do that kind of research, and now that I am thinking about it, microdosing is so diff from "hang on to your fuckin hat" dosing. Libraries are pretty cool. Lots of books.

Thanks! Happy Trails, MfF

But remember. Always avoid this situation:
View attachment 283975
Further reading for you then Dr. Nick.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users