Interesting, Non Political News

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Rabbi Ysiroel Goldstein, 58, the former director and founder of the Chabad of Poway, admitted to secretly refunding millions in contributions to the synagogue and providing donors with fake receipts, federal prosecutors in San Diego said in a statement. Prosecutors said at least 20 donors claimed massive tax deductions while Goldstein kept 10 percent of the contribution and pocketed more than $500,000, prosecutors said. Tax losses to the Internal Revenue Service were estimated at more than $1.5 million in eight years.

Prosecutors said Goldstein was under investigation for the scheme on April 27, 2019, when officials say 19-year-old John T. Earnest opened fire on the Chabad, killing one longtime worshiper and injuring three, including Goldstein, who lost his right index finger.

Goldstein pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States and commit wire fraud, prosecutors said. He faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison, prosecutors said. Five of Goldstein’s associates pleaded guilty to wire fraud, money laundering, filing a false tax return and other crimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

"Prosecutors said Goldstein was under investigation for the scheme on April 27, 2019, when officials say 19-year-old John T. Earnest opened fire on the Chabad, killing one longtime worshiper and injuring three, including Goldstein, who lost his right index finger."

The same finger he used to count his take of the scheme.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I know him, he went to the same high school, he was a couple years behind me. All his friends my age were heavy duty drug dealers are in prison, rumor was he ratted them out to skate on his charges. The reason the FBI is involved is he was fucking the wife of our last chief of PD, she was one the the top dogs in the prosecutors office. The husband and wife just went down for massive corruption, now this guy is getting popped by the feds, sounds like they ratted him out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

A baby boy was born holding his mother's contraceptive IUD which failed to stop his conception
The baby boy can be apparently be seen clasping his mother's yellow and black intrauterine device in his hand at Hai Phong International Hospital in the city of Hai Phong in northern Vietnam. The baby's 34-year-old mother claims she had the coil inserted two years earlier but it did not work because she later discovered she was pregnant.

The coil is supposed to stop sperm fertilising a woman's eggs and can work by either releasing copper or hormones after being inserted into a woman's uterus. Dr Phuong said the device may have been moved from its original position, becoming an ineffective form of contraception and allowing the mother to become pregnant.

The baby was healthy when born, weighing 7lbs, and both mother and child were under observation in the hospital after the birth, it's reported.
image-4-2.jpg

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
  • 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gask

A brave six-year-old needed 90 stitches after standing between his little sister and a charging dog, saving her life. The vicious animal bit little Bridger several times across the face and head, before he got up, grabbed his sister's hand and ran with her to safety. He later said: "If someone had to die, I thought it should be me."

The tot, who is a huge science fan, knew he needed to step in front of his young sibling, who was unhurt in the horrific dog atack. He was rushed to hospital in Wyoming, USA, where he was looked after by a plastic surgeon.

His aunt also updated concerned people with information on the dog involved in the attack. She said: “The dog’s owners are really great people who have been nothing but kind to Bridger and his family. We feel no resentment toward them at all, and - if anything - there’s only been an increase of love between our families as a result of this incident.
No quotes from a parent and no resentment eh, heh.
12_Brave-Bridger-Walker.jpg

• 2Rustled
  • 1WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

I might be dumb, but once they found out she was prego, shouldn’t they have taken that shit out? Thought most BC while pregnant causes a bunch of shit.
Maybe she was one of those "I thought I was just getting fat," near term types. Anyway this IUD type seems to have been just plastic with a bit of copper wire so it was harmless enough once it was moved out of position.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I know him, he went to the same high school, he was a couple years behind me. All his friends my age were heavy duty drug dealers are in prison, rumor was he ratted them out to skate on his charges. The reason the FBI is involved is he was fucking the wife of our last chief of PD, she was one the the top dogs in the prosecutors office. The husband and wife just went down for massive corruption, now this guy is getting popped by the feds, sounds like they ratted him out.

His cousin, Gary, is always picking up orders from my store and taking them over to Young Brothers to ship out to Molokai. He's there usually 4-5 days a week. Actually, I saw him this morning.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just got off the phone with one of the big wigs at the FAA about an issue I've been having at a specific airport and it was elevated to this guy because of the nature of the issue. Doesn't matter, but over the course of the phone call he did very strongly imply that Uber & Amazon are going to be going crazy with drones much sooner than I thought, "likely 2 years or less" according to him.

I believe CVS is going into drone medication delivery in the near future. They already started doing it a couple months ago with the pandemic as the excuse to get it fast tracked, but I’m sure they’re using it as much as they can as a test run for wider use from their automated and semi automated pharmacies.

• 1Like

Cybsled

It's actually a fairly solid idea. CVS has strong retail location presence across the country, so you already have a physical locations in relatively short proximity with a number of residential locations. You kit them out with some drones, promise "1-2 hour delivery to your door" which beats out postal/carrier options, and make it easy to use for the consumer.

iannis

Musty Nester
I might be dumb, but once they found out she was prego, shouldn’t they have taken that shit out? Thought most BC while pregnant causes a bunch of shit.
Vietnam. It's possible that she was already 5 months by the time she realized.

I'm sure there are risks involved with popping the cork. It probably 100% causes miscarriage. I dunno. That's girlparts.

But I mean... You d think better out than in.