Interesting, Non Political News

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That wasn't a very efficient way of stealing a motorcycle however I get her props for trying.
Her? Looked like a illegal dude. Headed to the border. EDIT: Lol video says SUV w/ bike in front... Fuckers thats a minivan.

Shame it's california, probably already out on no bail and disapearing. Or these days probably show up to court, 3 months probation and a $500 fine later off scott free.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This was a 7.4 magnitude quake and so far 5 people have been confirmed dead.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Going down the internet hole, seems that the owner of that media company is a conman quite insane. Made a website using the widower name and changed his yelp business name to his

• 1Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Construction workers in Kyoto’s central Kawaramachi shopping district have unearthed a huge earthenware pot which was found to contain more than 40,000 coins dating right back to the 15th century. All of the coins were tied together in bundles of 97 by holes drilled through the center of each individual coin. During the Muromachi period of 1338-1573, which is when the coins are believed to be from, it was customary to count a bundle of 97 coins as 100. Rough estimations put the value of the coins at around 4 million yen, or $39,400, in today’s value.

These centuries-old coins are not only in fantastic shape, but there's an abundance of them, allowing scientists to study as many as they like, all while leaving enough to be exhibited. The chest was probably the life savings of a samurai, buried due to the wars and assassinations going on in 15th century Japan and then, obviously, never retrieved.
tr_sor_kyoto02.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

There’s no reason for it to have weapons unless it’s mission profile requires it. I’m just trying to think of where a drone boat is a better option than something aerial from a combat perspective. In theory it can loiter on the ocean longer than a drone can fly, but it is more vulnerable to weather and has limited movement speed. Part of article suggests having it act like a robot rescue boat to shuttle folks around.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
There’s no reason for it to have weapons unless it’s mission profile requires it. I’m just trying to think of where a drone boat is a better option than something aerial from a combat perspective. In theory it can loiter on the ocean longer than a drone can fly, but it is more vulnerable to weather and has limited movement speed. Part of article suggests having it act like a robot rescue boat to shuttle folks around.
Since you're a massive pussy faggot, its not surprising how you couldn't see tje operational use of offensive unmanned surface and submarine platforms.

Cybsled

It’s not a sub, it’s a boat. It loses the stealth aspect of a sub and lacks the surveillance advantages of an aerial platform. It wouldn’t be effective in ship to ship engagements given modern weapons platforms. It could loiter in water longer than an aerial could fly, but what’s your advantage? Line of sight or radar platform or sonar platform is about it. It would basically be a detection buoy that can move on its own. Your weapon options would be limited based on effective use of the platform, which other things can do better from a combat perspective.

Why don’t you enlighten us with combat uses that aren’t thwarted by a naval ships armaments from a mile out because it’s not a submersible?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It’s not a sub, it’s a boat. It loses the stealth aspect of a sub and lacks the surveillance advantages of an aerial platform. It wouldn’t be effective in ship to ship engagements given modern weapons platforms. It could loiter in water longer than an aerial could fly, but what’s your advantage? Line of sight or radar platform or sonar platform is about it. It would basically be a detection buoy that can move on its own. Your weapon options would be limited based on effective use of the platform, which other things can do better from a combat perspective.

Why don’t you enlighten us with combat uses that aren’t thwarted by a naval ships armaments from a mile out because it’s not a submersible?
Did I say ot was a submersible?

Swarming, you do know many naval weapon systems are unlimited and require reloading ashore? They either blow their load on small unmanned threats, leaving them vulnerable to larger surface vessels or sustain damage.

Cybsled

Since you're a massive pussy faggot, its not surprising how you couldn't see tje operational use of offensive unmanned surface and submarine platforms.

You literally said submarine platforms, which is what I responded to. I suppose I should be forgiven and show more empathy towards people who consumed too much lead as a child.

Yes, I am familiar with swarming (the infamous war games where the person leading the “bad guys” defeated the navy ships by emulating motorboat swarms with suicide attacks, then the other side cried and said it was unfair). When combined with mines, torpedoes, and other platforms...sure, that could be feasible as a coastal defense option to overwhelm attacking forces with Zerg. But deep water/away from your base of operations? Logistically it makes less sense due to the issues with transport and upkeep unless they essentially design them to be “smart mines” and able to be deployed much in the same way.

Cybsled

The Cole is a dumb example because it has no bearing on an automated boat platform weapon system. That’s like saying a Uhaul is an effective weapons platform in war because some terrorists successfully damaged buildings with one decades ago.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
There’s no reason for it to have weapons unless it’s mission profile requires it. I’m just trying to think of where a drone boat is a better option than something aerial from a combat perspective.
Hmm, so since a small vessel wasn't drone controlled decades ago, it isn't feasible for autonomous boats to do the same