Interesting, Non Political News

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The March 2020 attack was in Libya and perpetrated by a Turkish Kargu-2 quadcopter drone against the forces of the Libyan National Army. The Kargu-2 is fitted with an explosive charge and the drone can be directed at a target in a kamikaze attack, detonating on impact. The drones were operating in a "highly effective" autonomous mode that required no human controller and the report notes:

"The lethal autonomous weapons systems were programmed to attack targets without requiring data connectivity between the operator and the munition: in effect, a true ‘fire, forget and find’ capability" – suggesting the drones attacked on their own.

Zak Kallenborn, at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism in Maryland, said this could be the first time that drones have autonomously attacked humans and raised the alarm.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Whale was thinking "what the fuck did I just eat? tastes wicked nasty"

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Either here or astronomy thread….not sure. Amod Amod feel free to move.

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure where to put this but imagine going out this way

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Not sure where to put this but imagine going out this way

Read about this a few years ago in a decent Salt Lake Tribune article about his death. Sounds horrific for everyone involved, can't imagine what they felt when the pully system they'd jury-rigged failed, it seemed to be going well for a time. He sounds like he was in agony towards the end of his life, it's a terrible way to die.

The article is worth a read.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean. I am not claustrophobic. But fuck caving.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users