Interesting, Non Political News

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
People act like Catherine the Great or Queen Victoria didn't exist in the era of "patriarchy", it happens it's just rare

in this specific case this female beat up her own mother and a geriatric leader to get to the top. there's something about that.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thought this was a good writeup of the 5G / airlines conflict

What I don't get, still, is why the frequencies known to interfere with radar altimeters were ever considered fair game for 5G in the first place.

And it still seems like after the delayed rollout around airports that bought some time, the direct answer is still not being considered. Lower intensity near airports? Pointing dishes at the ground, lol France? How about "avoid this part of the spectrum you dumbasses"

I'd ask if they're learning their lessons for the development of 6G but I guess the answer is pretty obviously "lol no". The modern answer is apparently we develop new technologies and deploy them globally then see if it causes any problems.

If this isnt a perfect picture of the modern world I don't know what is. We've got a technology that prevents planes from fucking running into the ground, but we developed a new technology that lets narcissists record themselves on tiktok a little bit faster. Turns out the new one conflicts with the old one. But fuck that planes stuff, yolo

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is this real? they dont even say what state she lives in and the story seems to have a lot of writer's embellishments.
Coker asked the man, who hid his face behind the center console of the backseat of her car, both why he was in her car, and if he was indeed naked.

Answering the latter question in the affirmative, the mysterious naked man declared his being in Coker's car was a "right of passage."

When asked how he managed to get into Coker's car the man claimed he was "the son of the pope", resulting in an all too understandable "what the f*ck" from Coker.

The video then cut to the police arriving at Coker's car, with the unknown naked man's legs hanging out from the trunk.

The man asked the officers on the scene if he could "put his pants on", which the officers said would be greatly appreciated, with some confused amusement rather easily detected in their responses

One of the officers on the scene was clearly no less befuddled than Coker by this unique incident, telling her:
sounds like fanfic.
from their about page.
The folks who helped birth some of the best content on popular pages like George Takei now offer, for your consideration, Comic Sands.

Because, like sand, our coverage gets into just about everything.

Our content serves the audience of George Takei and beyond, providing our readers news with commentary from a progressive perspective, so whether it's trending news, trending non-news or viral Twitter takedowns—we've got all you need, and a lot of what you didn't know you needed.

Come for the ride, stay for the post-mortem. Unless you're chicken.

Comic Sands is an Oh Myyy property. Oh Myyy LLC is co-owned by George and Brad Takei (through Hosato Enterprises, Inc., a California corporation) and The Social Edge Network, Inc., a Dela

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1645204432578.png

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm posting this article from an esteemed media outlet
I know its not a scientific journal or even a real newspaper but given the subject material I think it can be given a pass this time

A magnificent coronal mass ejection (CME) was recorded by Nasa's STEREO-A spacecraft in the early hours of February 15.

CMEs are giant eruptions that send plasma hurtling through space – and the Sun has undergone several of them throughout the month.

If they hit Earth, the plumes of material can trigger geomagnetic storms that knock out satellites and disrupt power grids.

Fortunately, this week's CME was fired from the side of the Sun that faces away from our planet and so poses no threat, says astronomer Dr Tony Phillips.

Interesting to think about interactions and timing. Biden wagging the dog in Ukraine. The stock market on the edge of collapse. Trudeau sending police to facestomp peaceful protestors in Canada. China watching and waiting, biding its time while it builds new islands in the South Pacific. And at that moment - a historic CME hits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user