Interesting, Non Political News

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a set for here from 1928 I got when I worked for the US Forest Service. Big difference 100 years ago. What is now 4 national forest were share cropping cotton fields and the largest lake in TX was hardwood bottomland along a river 100 years ago. Texas has less than 2% of the hardwood bottomland they had 100 years ago. All damed up and made into lakes and reservoirs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What?

You... hate Dragon Ball Z?

The one anime that succesfully redid the one and only Monkey King?

Heaten!
Oh and because my brother watched it and I was subjected to hearing it. Nothing like just grunting and screaming for 30 minutes with maybe a couple dozen lines of dialog while they are all charging their super punch and nothing happens.

So yes its fucking gay and doesn't suprise me that for some reason black dudes can't get enough of it. 2024 and I don't think I go a day at work without some dindu wearing or having something with dbz stuff.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Oh and because my brother watched it and I was subjected to hearing it. Nothing like just grunting and screaming for 30 minutes with maybe a couple dozen lines of dialog while they are all charging their super punch and nothing happens.

So yes its fucking gay and doesn't suprise me that for some reason black dudes can't get enough of it. 2024 and I don't think I go a day at work without some dindu wearing or having something with dbz stuff.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
City people are crazy and now we know part of the reason why.

Turns out urban humans have a fucked up gut microbiome that doesnt digest fiber properly. Rural humans have it. Wild apes have it. But city people don't.

Combine this with the growing body of evidence that your microbiome health drives your brain health. City people are fuuuuucked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Turns out urban humans have a fucked up gut microbiome that doesnt digest fiber properly. Rural humans have it. Wild apes have it. But city people don't.

Combine this with the growing body of evidence that your microbiome health drives your brain health. City people are fuuuuucked.

Industrialized Americans sure sounds like it could be a new nickname...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I didn’t pay for the whole article, but I think you’re misinterpreting the summary. They’re making a distinction between industrialized and non industrialized societies and over all exposure to various wildlife and domesticated livestock and overall dietary fiber intake - that doesn’t mean people in big cities, that means people who live in a developed nation (aka the US) vs some super rural country where they just farm mostly

Gut bacteria we know needs dietary fiber to remain healthy - industrialized societies tend to eat less dietary fiber overall I suspect

Like for example you might eat beans as a side to other foods, but rural societies might be eating mostly just beans as a main diet. So there would be a large difference in overall dietary fiber intake

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
what a faggot, what kind of rent a lawyer did he get?

98cd0c9158995dd977a8fe9559180fc9.png

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I didn’t pay for the whole article, but I think you’re misinterpreting the summary. They’re making a distinction between industrialized and non industrialized societies and over all exposure to various wildlife and domesticated livestock and overall dietary fiber intake - that doesn’t mean people in big cities, that means people who live in a developed nation (aka the US) vs some super rural country where they just farm mostly

Gut bacteria we know needs dietary fiber to remain healthy - industrialized societies tend to eat less dietary fiber overall I suspect

Like for example you might eat beans as a side to other foods, but rural societies might be eating mostly just beans as a main diet. So there would be a large difference in overall dietary fiber intake
I can't find the details about their definitions, but from figures in supp info I think you're right about how they did it. It looks like its pretty coarse-grained; they looked at national averages, comparing more rural nations with more urban nations.

But that doesnt mean the same pattern wouldnt apply within a country. In fact theres every reason to think it would work just the same.

I also think you're wrong to focus entirley on dietary fiber. Yes fiber is obviously important; what you eat feeds your gut microbiome. But thats only part of the story. Inoculation is the other important part. You've got the get the right bugs, and you do that by exposure. Exposure to farm animals, especially ruminants.

I've long observed that the less exposure to cattle people have, they more fucked up they become. This study explains at least part of the reason why.

Cybsled

There have been studies related to kids who grew up with family pets or played in the dirt and how their immune systems developed/the occurrence rate of things like asthma. Effectively lower incidence

It makes sense - while you increase risk of pathogens, you’re also increasing exposure to beneficial bacteria as well. So long as the pathogens don’t overwhelm or aren’t super virulent, then they become a negligible impact on bad health outcomes in theory

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There have been studies related to kids who grew up with family pets or played in the dirt and how their immune systems developed/the occurrence rate of things like asthma. Effectively lower incidence

It makes sense - while you increase risk of pathogens, you’re also increasing exposure to beneficial bacteria as well. So long as the pathogens don’t overwhelm or aren’t super virulent, then they become a negligible impact on bad health outcomes in theory
Just look at 3rd world where they eat the street food without getting ill nearly as much as a tourist. Plenty of mud butt.

Facebook in a kick off trying to show me reels of Indian street food and holy shit it makes just about any other 3rd world look like an improvement in sanitation

Cybsled

It’s hard enough getting food in the US where people handling/prepping actually practice proper hygiene. Especially the small eating spots with limited staff - I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen the cashier handle money, then immediately start prepping your food without gloves or washing

• 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
It’s hard enough getting food in the US where people handling/prepping actually practice proper hygiene. Especially the small eating spots with limited staff - I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen the cashier handle money, then immediately start prepping your food without gloves or washing
Fuckin food trucks, man. Like everyone else I liked the concept initially. Variety, price, location, it seemed like such a great idea.

But wait a second, wheres the sink with running hot water. Oh never mind, you disgusting fucks arent even pretending to wash your hands.

I'm not usually one to call for government involvement in commerce but I dunno how these disgusting places are legal, considering the hoops you have to jump through in a real brick and mortar restaurant in the name of food safety.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fuckin food trucks, man. Like everyone else I liked the concept initially. Variety, price, location, it seemed like such a great idea.

But wait a second, wheres the sink with running hot water. Oh never mind, you disgusting fucks arent even pretending to wash your hands.

I'm not usually one to call for government involvement in commerce but I dunno how these disgusting places are legal, considering the hoops you have to jump through in a real brick and mortar restaurant in the name of food safety.

You do realize food trucks have water tanks and sinks right?

ecd365ea9791ee0822b6a490e0db85ea-709914796.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users