Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot of investment and hedge funds that are getting fucking hazed right now. The support is getting fucking crushed by old people liquidating. Like I warned about, old people have too much money and this scares them.

Reminds me of Law's scheme. This might actually turn into a fucking run.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
There's a lot of investment and hedge funds that are getting fucking hazed right now. The support is getting fucking crushed by old people liquidating. Like I warned about, old people have too much money and this scares them.

Reminds me of Law's scheme. This might actually turn into a fucking run.
Yeah, I would love to see the sell on close orders that went today. The last 90 seconds was ass ravaging.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I would love to see the sell on close orders that went today. The last 90 seconds was ass ravaging.

From just the sheer amount of liquidation that's happening, there's going to be some companies that take a massive hit and or fund collapses coming up. It simply can't be avoided with it being this crazy. This is more akin to the great depression than the 2008 crash.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, if if I have a good chunk of change in a Vanguard Index fund that is currently +16% up, and am expecting the fund to keep losing value. What's the reason to not sell now and buy back in at a much lower price point in a month or so?
Because you literally have no idea when the bottom will be. It might be today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I put a lot of money to work today, buying when others are selling their retirement accounts has made me a lot of money. Please keep the fear selling posts coming, we'll revisit down the road and see how this played out. I don't know the future, I could end up underwater, but I'm a patient person and willing to take the risk and buying fear has one hell of a track record.

This. I did my major buy into stocks at age 20 in 2008. It paid me well.

I will do so again. Very soon.

• 1Solidarity

Nate

Molten Core Raider
I can see we’re still in the denial phase of the market cycle. You think the longest bull market in history is going to be corrected in a month? It doesn’t work that way. Capitulation is at least a year away, probably two. This is what a top looks like.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I can see we’re still in the denial phase of the market cycle. You think the longest bull market in history is going to be corrected in a month? It doesn’t work that way. Capitulation is at least a year away, probably two. This is what a top looks like.
I'm still expecting major downs in here.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Thought about selling my play account last week.

I go on the assumption I don't know enough or follow the market close enough to trade on the ups and downs...

But man I'm taking an ass kicking.

And Tesla might be proper fucked. It put a lot of time and money into a production facility and country that set off the IRL plague Inc.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
$230.76 into my IRA this week, just like every other biweekly period. Keep on keeping on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
If this is the best futures can muster, tomorrow going ro be another gangbang.

Screenshot_20200227-202557_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pops

Fears in charge right now. If these downdrafts come from bad flu numbers, going to be rough sledding near term.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So what do you all advise someone who has a big chunk of change in a SP index? No choice but to ride it out I guess. It’s hard watching a lot of your retirement drop by thousands

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what do you all advise someone who has a big chunk of change in a SP index? No choice but to ride it out I guess. It’s hard watching a lot of your retirement drop by thousands
Dollar cost average on the way down and the way back up. In a couple years you won't even remember this blip.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Someone can only really make that choice for themselves. Pulling the money out is probably the better play, but there's a lot more risk to the choice than there was a week ago. If you're a longterm investor (10+ years), either choice will probably work out so long as you are saving the absolute most that you can each week.

The big thing about markets is their value is perception, and panic is devastating to perception. The amount of money that can be taken out of the market is nowhere near the value of the market, and strange things start happening when panic causes people to try and extract severe amounts of money. But panic is path that is very hard to predict. So make the choice you are comfortable with.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You are positively fucking mental if you think pulling out your money is the best play.

The market will recover. Just like it always has.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users