Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Smashed through $500 in postmarket, up 15% for the day

1598905281732.png

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
That evil feeling when you realize you boarded the WRONG TRAIN and its going too fast in the opposite direction to get off.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSLA just tapped 516+

*Edit* bounced off 518 before retreating.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Absolute insanity. Wish I owned more than .4% or whatever the fuck the index is.

Edit: Just called my mom. Sounds like they started buying at about $200 and have been buying continuously ever since. From the sounds of it, they've got about $1.5M just in Tesla. Wish I had that same kind of faith in a single company.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Best comment I read all day.

"Tesla will be the first trillion dollar company that has never made a billion dollars."

Fucking lol.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Best comment I read all day.

"Tesla will be the first trillion dollar company that has never made a billion dollars."

Fucking lol.

Can you imagine what space x IPO would be like?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
They just did a recent funding round and only valued the company at $45B. They got ripped off, this market would have that thing 10x that within a week.

Is there a reason it can't be public?

Musk basically said he didn't think the public would support it... Is be all in. Literally

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Is there a reason it can't be public?

Musk basically said he didn't think the public would support it... Is be all in. Literally

I think the only customers SpaceX can muster in near future is governments and with uncertain economy, nobody is lining up to spend big bucks on space. At least with Tesla there is a practical consumer product that can be scaled into wider production, you can tap into a larger market. You dont get anything substantial from building more/better rockets, SpaceX is purely a "there might be some cool tech we invent in next 10 years that **Might** be commercially viable" play.

Musk however should IPO StarLink and I'd buy the shit out of that

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There is zero reason to IPO starlink.

It’s a cash printer as soon as the beta concludes

Space X tho, could use capital to build the 100 ships it needs for “Mars” (moon)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Absolute insanity. Wish I owned more than .4% or whatever the fuck the index is.

Edit: Just called my mom. Sounds like they started buying at about $200 and have been buying continuously ever since. From the sounds of it, they've got about $1.5M just in Tesla. Wish I had that same kind of faith in a single company.

Bro you need to start a more yolo investment account. About 90% of my holdings are in ETFs. But I put $10k into an Etrade account in 2013 and just bought, bought, and kept buying. Now that account is worth six figures and it was just fun to do it. Nothing fancy, just buying shares here and there. The overall cost basis is just over $30k as I would put half my annual bonus at GM in it each year after taxes.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bro you need to start a more yolo investment account. About 90% of my holdings are in ETFs. But I put $10k into an Etrade account in 2013 and just bought, bought, and kept buying. Now that account is worth six figures and it was just fun to do it. Nothing fancy, just buying shares here and there. The overall cost basis is just over $30k as I would put half my annual bonus at GM in it each year after taxes.

That same account would be worth 6 figures if it was all in ETFs as well over that same time period though to be fair.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That same account would be worth 6 figures if it was all in ETFs as well over that same time period though to be fair.

Rate of return on that account is more than my ETF accounts though. Not really relevant. Point is to have some fun occasionally. But manage your risk here and don't have too much of your holdings be outside of ETFs unless all you do is day trade and are good at it. Like I have said constantly. You win at lolinvesting by simply being consistent about investing.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
The crash is coming, this month. Because these satanists like numerological significance. Gonna posit the day will be 9/11/2.0.

• 1Slow

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can you imagine what space x IPO would be like?

They just did a recent funding round and only valued the company at $45B. They got ripped off, this market would have that thing 10x that within a week.

There are rumors swirling that Bill Ackman's Godzilla SPAC has SpaceX on its list of possible targets. Just rumors.