Investing General Discussion

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It depends on the bank. I hope lots of RH players end up on fidelity. Monday morning !

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know how fast RH is getting these people their cash if they pulled out yesterday?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
As soon as RH releases my money I'll take myself to Fidelity as well.

hory hory it takes two full trading days to get it, unless you went the route Jackie did and open up a Robinhood money account, transfer it there and then transfer from that into your bank.

I spect to get mine available to transfer mon or tueday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Anyone know how fast RH is getting these people their cash if they pulled out yesterday?

I cashed out RH yesterday afternoon and the money was in my bank this morning.

Robinhood has that free banking built into the app. I created an account for that and then transferred the money from it.

That got rid of the two day hold you’d normally have after trading.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
As soon as RH releases my money I'll take myself to Fidelity as well.

hory hory it takes two full trading days to get it, unless you went the route Jackie did and open up a Robinhood money account, transfer it there and then transfer from that into your bank.

I spect to get mine available to transfer mon or tueday.

Beat me to it. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
My advice... read, read and read some more. Watch videos. Ask questions. Then start trading.
I’ve been trying to learn about trading recently, just happened I decided to start last week the. All this shit blew up. Been having a harder time finding decent articles on the non-short stuff now.
Seeing you guys talk about calls and puts and to some extent options I have no idea about. Is there a decent site that can help me go over all that stuff in a ELI5 way or something?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
That'd be a worthwhile review to write up: "What really interesting stuff happened in the market while everyone was distracted by memes?"

HIMS stock (use to be the OAC spac) was bought by Cathy Woods and spiked up to higher than it was as OAC. I got in early as OAC and sold 50 percent pre merger and got to sell the rest after Cathy bought it up a couple nights ago. Just a example of a post spac company doing well.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve been trying to learn about trading recently, just happened I decided to start last week the. All this shit blew up. Been having a harder time finding decent articles on the non-short stuff now.
Seeing you guys talk about calls and puts and to some extent options I have no idea about. Is there a decent site that can help me go over all that stuff in a ELI5 way or something?

I love this guy’s videos. About as clear as anything I could find.

He’s a good dude; old video using RH, bet he isn’t this week. The concepts are all there though. I’m still learning those myself.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Made 440% on meme dog crypto on RH, just waiting to clear into my bank then I’m jumping off that shit box app.

• 2Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Get the bulk of your assets into index funds first if you haven't already. Some good suggestions are SPY, QQQ, FTEC. Do some small trades to get some practice, use limit orders instead of market orders. Set some trailing stop % if you want to buy and hold some stocks long.

Once you've done that you can do a few option trades. You will need to apply for options trading through whatever broker you use. Start off with selling covered calls and selling cash covered puts only. Dont buy puts and dont buy calls. Only do this on stocks you wouldn't mind owning. As far as research, google is your friend. Just google selling puts/calls and watch a few vids and read a few articles. The thing to remember about options is you can only do them in contracts of 100 shares. So if a stock is 10$ a share, you will need 1000$ per option contract.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Made 440% on meme dog crypto on RH, just waiting to clear into my bank then I’m jumping off that shit box app.

Literally everyone I know from lunatic lefties to crazy right-wingers watching this is saying the same thing.

"Hahaha, fuck the hedge funds".

Watching people come to the defense of hedge funds is just embarrassing.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
You gonna tell your lady friend about your windfall or act like nothing happened?

We’re going to Hawaii week after next that was already planned. We’d already pooled our points to buy tickets and had everything almost free aside from some taxes and fees.

I told her yesterday I’d pay for food or incidental stuff there because of this. I have a really good job as it is and make a lot more than her and she makes like $90k a year. $40,000 is absolutely nothing for me to spit on and is very helpful, but I was doing well in the first place.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We’re going to Hawaii week after next that was already planned. We’d already pooled our points to buy tickets and had everything almost free aside from some taxes and fees.

I told her yesterday I’d pay for food or incidental stuff there because of this. I have a really good job as it is and make a lot more than her and she makes like $90k a year. $40,000 is absolutely nothing for me to spit on and is very helpful, but I was doing well in the first place.

perhaps get her a little gift?

1611957540706.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Literally everyone I know from lunatic lefties to crazy right-wingers watching this is saying the same thing.

"Hahaha, fuck the hedge funds".

Watching people come to the defense of hedge funds is just embarrassing.

It seems like the uber-rich class automatically defaults to Racial Stuff as their go-to defense for shutting down anybody at odds with them. Probably...because it works.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user