Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Clown world. I am not saying the price isnt going to skyrocket. I am saying it isnt worth it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
A bank with 223b in highly volatile very risky assets being given a valuation of about 100b? The largest banks in the world with much more real assets are valuated at closer to 15% of them. Makes total sense that this new technology is better. Pumping all of my money into coinbase. See you guys at the homeless shelter.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
A bank with 223b in highly volatile very risky assets being given a valuation of about 100b? The largest banks in the world with much more real assets are valuated at closer to 15% of them. Makes total sense that this new technology is better. Pumping all of my money into coinbase. See you guys at the homeless shelter.

uber market cap 113b and has zero assets

twitter is like 50b and they lose what, like 1.5b a year on top of having no assets

it's all a joke

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Meanwhile, LAZR is in the toilet. I put $500 into it a while back and saw that get close to $600 a few times. Now it's just plummeting and plummeting. Was at like $360 last time I looked, and today share price went below 20 for the first time since I've been watching it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
COIN showing $374 now. This is going to blow up some RH accounts today.

I've never jumped on an IPO the day it launched before, don't know if I'll do it now. Still leaning towards using that money elsewhere. However for a one-day swing trade this seems to have potential. Yesterday I was speculating that it'd start strong, fall a bit out of the gate, then bounce waaaaay above its weight before coming back down either late in the day or tomorrow.

Someone on here said a while back that you want to be in the first 10 to buy in and one of the first 100 to exit with things like this. I might give it a try after all.

I guess my main question is, how do I avoid ending up in a homeless shelter because of COIN?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Meanwhile, LAZR is in the toilet. I put $500 into it a while back and saw that get close to $600 a few times. Now it's just plummeting and plummeting. Was at like $360 last time I looked, and today share price went below 20 for the first time since I've been watching it.

LAZR was so high during the EV/Lidar hype where anything EV/Lidar related was up. Look at all the big EVs right now like NGA, STPK, ACTC, VLDR etc, all down to low 20's and teens. Only EV play I have right now is some RMO calls for December.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
uber market cap 113b and has zero assets

twitter is like 50b and they lose what, like 1.5b a year on top of having no assets

it's all a joke
Never forget that the biggest joke of them all is cash right now, so invest, invest, invest.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Never forget that the biggest joke of them all is cash right now, so invest, invest, invest.

Blazin Blazin my wife and I have $40k in cash right now. I don't want to double my money, I also don't want inflation to hurt it, and I want it to be semi liquid in case we want to buy a house in the next year or so.

Is there a solid index fund or something we should look at putting 2/3 of it in?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin my wife and I have $40k in cash right now. I don't want to double my money, I also don't want inflation to hurt it, and I want it to be semi liquid in case we want to buy a house in the next year or so.

Is there a solid index fund or something we should look at putting 2/3 of it in?
time horizon for needing the money?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

SPACs are under assault by short sellers and also a rotation of money out of them and into crypto and of course there is the value rotation going on.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Fuckin’ can’t believe people leaving SPACs for crypto. 😬

whynotboth.gif

I'm still in CCV, BTNB, and XPOA just-a-waiting. I'm also glad I got back into ETH at $1800 and BTC at $48k.

I do wish I'd never sold back in December, but whatchagonnado.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
whynotboth.gif

I'm still in CCV, BTNB, and XPOA just-a-waiting. I'm also glad I got back into ETH at $1800 and BTC at $48k.

I do wish I'd never sold back in December, but whatchagonnado.
I was just joking because I totally dumped my SPACs for crypto.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPACs are under assault by short sellers and also a rotation of money out of them and into crypto and of course there is the value rotation going on.
Who in the world is shorting a spac at nav? There is no upside in that short position and unlimited risk.

RICE last week was pennies off the $10 nav price all day long, following day DA announcement was trading up 80% at $18.

*Edit* Just checked it out and it hit $19 after hours 5 days ago. So yea, 90% upside.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Probably a year.
I would not invest the money in stocks with a 12mo. outlook. There are things that can be done to try to get some return while mitigating risk of a market at an ATH with a 12mo. outlook, such as selling 1 put on SPY that expires in December. It is not a great time right as of this moment even to do that but that can change quickly.

• 1Like