Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In today's climate, publicly saying your shorting something is probably an effort to pump it.
In most cases yeah but with Burry I think he is banking on his rep to get other folks to think "well if this guy is shorting so should I"

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How many times have I preached pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered?
On Weds I wrote...
Nah, I will leave the crypto to you folks. COIN is a fomo play, I doubt I will still be holding it by Memorial day. I am up 15% and will probably bail at 25%.

1621275509426.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If TSLA were any other stock I would say its got another 10-20% it can fall. So much air below it right now. Buts its TSLA so who the fuck knows. Shit could go back to $900 tomorrow.

1621279202389.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That Burry guy shorting Tesla, I mean it makes sense, the numbers just don’t add up for Tesla...but it’s been that way for years and just keeps going up for no reason. It should be way less valuation than it is, but no way I’d bet 40% of my holdings that it’s going down due to technicals.

The housing shit, he scored cause no one was paying attention and people were hiding the problem. Tesla is in plain sight and everyone knows it’s overvalued but people keep pumping it anyways.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Millennials are going to withdraw money from their Robinhood accounts to go spend money doing fun things this summer. All the dumb shit they've been pumping money into will go down.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Millennials are going to withdraw money from their Robinhood accounts to go spend money doing fun things this summer. All the dumb shit they've been pumping money into will go down.
you know millenials are 30-40 with kids and shit now right? you are so dumb.

and the "meme" stocks are mostly institutional.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Well I'll be damned, AMC has actually broached $15 again, back where I sold it in January. I guess if you get enough idiots spreading nonsense about it going to $100,000 a share you CAN actually make it raise a little bit.

• 2Worf

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Well I'll be damned, AMC has actually broached $15 again, back where I sold it in January. I guess if you get enough idiots spreading nonsense about it going to $100,000 a share you CAN actually make it raise a little bit.
Jesus, I took a $500 loss on my AMC gambit thinking i was losing more than that on opportunity costs. Meanwhile, I park that money in a couple SPACs that haven't moved a muscle in that time. I'd be +$500 if I would have just rode it out.

• 2Paper Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Coinbase already begging for money with their new bond offering. Convertible to common stock at coinbase’s discretion? Not a good look to me.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Take you're ass back to the crypto thread. You have ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus, I took a $500 loss on my AMC gambit thinking i was losing more than that on opportunity costs. Meanwhile, I park that money in a couple SPACs that haven't moved a muscle in that time. I'd be +$500 if I would have just rode it out.
Yeah, fuck stock picking. I took a 50% dive on AMC (although a lot of that was because of the fuckery). Put what was left into PLTR, and I'm down another 25% or so on that.

It's such a small amount, but when the bullshit meme stock goes back up, it's kind of salt in the wound.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Like
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How many times have I posted on this board about how bad the senior leadership is at T? No one is asking yet how much they are paying Stephenson in retirement for the clusterfuck he created after he took over for Whitaker. Its easy to blame Stankey, but he was given this dumpster fire.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, fuck stock picking. I took a 50% dive on AMC (although a lot of that was because of the fuckery). Put what was left into PLTR, and I'm down another 25% or so on that.

It's such a small amount, but when the bullshit meme stock goes back up, it's kind of salt in the wound.
Is this you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stock picking isnt that tough. Just pick stocks with big earnings, low costs, good cash flows and a moat. Tendies. :)