Invincible

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
In the Three Body Problem series of books, they are looking at long term data storage (very, very long term, like a billion years) and they go through the options, then eventually settle on carving into rock on distant planets with no atmosphere to speak of and talk about how that will outlast any kind of media we can conceive. At the time, all I could think of is the poor guy who has to carve all the memes and shitposts into the crust of Pluto.

Spoilers for 3 body I guess, sorry Tuco didn't mean to ruin your black panther party.
MOTHER FUCKER

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
MOTHER FUCKER

This is why the TV / Movie forum is dangerous. Next think you know, these bastards are going to tell me how Titanic ends, or even spoiler Passion of the Christ on us :*(

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
It is said information cannot be destroyed, though. Some advanced alien species will be able to piece it back together billions of years in the future, not understand what the fuck everyone is going on about, then toss it to the side.
Lol, no it's not. Information can totally be destroyed. Energy is what cannot be destroyed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol, no it's not. Information can totally be destroyed. Energy is what cannot be destroyed.

Afaik, in quantum physics, the energy is what keeps the information. With enough computing power, you can calculate how that energy (the particle that caries it) got to the state it is in. So the terms can be used interchangeably, for casual conversation.

(Edit: after watching the video again, that maybe sounds a little too simplistic. Conservation of information and conversation of energy are different but work in similar (extremely math heavy) ways).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Afaik, in quantum physics, the energy is what keeps the information. With enough computing power, you can calculate how that energy (the particle that caries it) got to the state it is in. So the terms can be used interchangeably, for casual conversation.

(Edit: after watching the video again, that maybe sounds a little too simplistic. Conservation of information and conversation of energy are different but work in similar (extremely math heavy) ways).

Let's not move the goalposts. The original post did not specify quantum. To provide an example, any 'information' that passes into a black hole is lost forever when the thing evaporates (if not before).

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It is said information cannot be destroyed, though. Some advanced alien species will be able to piece it back together billions of years in the future, not understand what the fuck everyone is going on about, then toss it to the side.
If we understand things properly (if), protons will eventually decay and the only things left in the universe are quarks and photons. Good luck to the aliens.

Burns

Let's not move the goalposts. The original post did not specify quantum. To provide an example, any 'information' that passes into a black hole is lost forever when the thing evaporates (if not before).

Well that's kinda the thing with theoretical physics, and there are other videos that refer to the conservation of information, including the ones on black holes. Hawking radiation is supported, but since nothing beyond the event horizon is actually known, it does not necessarily mean the information is destroyed.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Well that's kinda the thing with theoretical physics, and there are other videos that refer to the conservation of information, including the ones on black holes. Hawking radiation is supported, but since nothing beyond the event horizon is actually known, it does not necessarily mean the information is destroyed.
An evaporated black hole turns all the mass inside into unorganized Hawking Radiation. Information go bye-bye.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

An evaporated black hole turns all the mass inside into unorganized Hawking Radiation. Information go bye-bye.

That is not necessarily the case. There is no unified theory of physics and a whole slew of unknown physics could be happening behind the event horizon of a black hole.

Conservation of information is a law and hawking radiation is widely accepted, leading to the black hole information paradox. To quote the following video:
"There is no such things a true paradox (in physics), a deeper understanding (that we don't have yet) of general relativity or of quantum field theory must resolve this."​

A more in depth video on the paradox:

One funny possible (theoretical) solution (holographic principle):

They have a bunch of videos going over theoretical physics and reference the Information paradox in other videos, as well.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Amazing show. The people that wouldn't watch it because of the animation style are fucking morons.

Couple of weird things tho that had me scratching my head.

A) There was no reason whatsoever for Cecil to send Demon dude back to Hell. Was pretty dumb and didn't like that.

B) Why didn't that Lion dude that Machinehead hired that single handedly wrecked Invincible and most of the others ever try and match up vs Omniman. Out of everyone the show introduced that dude seemed like the only one that would have a chance and yet we never see him again.

C) Why didn't Invincible go into rage mode ever again like he did episode 2 or 3 when he saw Atom Eve being attacked. Was kinda waiting for him to go Super Saiyan again at some point altho I guess it could be something that occurs later in the series.

Cybsled

The best analogy I've heard is Lion Dude (Battlebeast) showing up at that fight is like a street thug bringing Thanos to a back alley brawl. He peaced out when he didnt get the challenge he wanted. He probably didnt know about Omniman.

As for Invincible, they're basically Saiyans so think Gohan: If Gohan gets pissed he does massive damage, but it takes a lot for him to get to that rage point. That scene was basically like that scene in DBZ when Videl was getting her ass kicked by those Majin dudes and Gohan can't control his rage. But outside of that, Gohan usually is pretty chill.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Kirkman had to finish The Walking Dead earlier this year, so it's likely they've only been working full swing on S2 for a month. Maybe by the end of the year, more likely 2023.

spronk

FPS noob
the VAs - Steven Yuen, JK Simmons, etc - are back in the studios starting to record their lines so the scripts have been written and animation started, but its probably a 2023 release

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

Speaking about the upcoming seasons, Khary Payton said:

“We finished Season 2, we’re on to Season 3. But, it’s so hard to say right now. There was a glut of animation studios just trying to get so much done, and literally, it was like projects sitting there with a backpack full of, you know, material being like ‘anytime you’re ready.’ You know what I mean?
“But there was literally a line for the really great studios to just get this work out. So, I honestly can’t tell you. I am dying to…I am so glad they greenlit [Seasons] 2 and 3 at the same time. That means that when 3 comes out, it’ll feel like just next season and not like a lifetime.
“But, yeah, it’s gonna take a while. I wish I could say otherwise. But I’ve done enough animation to know that…to get it right, you’re drawing every panel, you know?”

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And like most shit now and days season 2 will be over in a flash and wait another 2+ years

• 1Salty

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if anyone knows but there's a live action movie in the works

• 1Like