Invincible

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was going to ask if this show was a good one to watch with my 8 year old. Then I watched the first episode...that finale.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I was going to ask if this show was a good one to watch with my 8 year old. Then I watched the first episode...that finale.
The comic was not a family comic, despite its claims otherwise.

The show is ultra-violent, like beyond most instances of ultra-violence in american cartoons.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man, now quite sure where it's going, definitely have some theories.

Theory one: Vitrumites send their young to planets that are underdeveloped, build their trust, then enslave them. That's what Omniman will do. That's why he's saying cryptic shit like "Earth's not yours to Conquer" and "Vitrumites have different rules". That's why he wiped out the GotG because they had the best chance of stopping him and why he's sad his son has powers because he'll either have to convince him to join or have to kill him.

Theory two: GDA is bad guys and Omniman is kind of a benevolent dictator type. He knows GDA wants to rule the world and he's going to try and take them down. Talking about icing the Kaiju because it could fight Omniman and keeping tabs on him under the guise of "protecting" The Graysons. I think this would be the easier to swallow theory and Mark has some showdown with his dad over doing things 'His Way' or 'The RIght Way'.

Either way decent show. Only downside is I feel like a fucking degenerate who watches Anime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I don't think the gore is the primary reason it's bad for an 8 year old. The story goes into some nuanced topics that isn't advisable for an 8 yr old like not all bad guys wear black and the world is a nuanced place. Maybe when he's 10.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Man, now quite sure where it's going, definitely have some theories.

Theory one: Vitrumites send their young to planets that are underdeveloped, build their trust, then enslave them. That's what Omniman will do. That's why he's saying cryptic shit like "Earth's not yours to Conquer" and "Vitrumites have different rules". That's why he wiped out the GotG because they had the best chance of stopping him and why he's sad his son has powers because he'll either have to convince him to join or have to kill him.

Theory two: GDA is bad guys and Omniman is kind of a benevolent dictator type. He knows GDA wants to rule the world and he's going to try and take them down. Talking about icing the Kaiju because it could fight Omniman and keeping tabs on him under the guise of "protecting" The Graysons. I think this would be the easier to swallow theory and Mark has some showdown with his dad over doing things 'His Way' or 'The RIght Way'.

Either way decent show. Only downside is I feel like a fucking degenerate who watches Anime.
Comic spoilers
The Viltrumites were almost wiped out by an engineered virus developed by a galactic federation of planets and there's only 50 or so actually left alive in the universe. Since their DNA is so "pure" or some shit, they can actually mate with almost any other species and sent out scouts to repopulate their species. Humans as it turns out make the most desired offspring that's closest to their original strength.

Last edited:

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I don't think the gore is the primary reason it's bad for an 8 year old. The story goes into some nuanced topics that isn't advisable for an 8 yr old like not all bad guys wear black and the world is a nuanced place. Maybe when he's 10.
Maybe so, but the gore IS pretty gory.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never read the comic but heard nothing but good things. I was excited for the show until I saw how bad the animation was. Instant pass.
I much prefer this animation to that shiny low frame animation of Netflixs Pacific Rim and such.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I much prefer this animation to that shiny low frame animation of Netflixs Pacific Rim and such.
Both were OK if you just watch the show. Gameplay>content>graphics. We are gamers after all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Also watching what superman could do if he didn't give a fuck is worth any "Animation style" Watch superman vs the elite if you want a little glimpse into what that looks like.

those 20 seconds where he wiped out the invaders planet, holyshit that was good. Also the wife has to look away when he was crushing the fast dudes head, right after he got done explaining seconds are hours to him. He was getting skull crushed for an eternity... fuuuuuuuuuuu

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also watching what superman could do if he didn't give a fuck is worth any "Animation style" Watch superman vs the elite if you want a little glimpse into what that looks like.

those 20 seconds where he wiped out the invaders planet, holyshit that was good. Also the wife has to look away when he was crushing the fast dudes head, right after he got done explaining seconds are hours to him. He was getting skull crushed for an eternity... fuuuuuuuuuuu
you wanna the difference between the guardians of the globe tv vs comic?

in the comics, there was no fight scene, omniman just has like 2 pages of loping/twisting heads and thats it, theyre dead, the animation team created that entire fight scene from scratch, and basically just "guessing" what their powers were since they all had like literally 1 page of background each, but of course we can guess theyre the justice league

again this is why i'm praising this series, cuz if you just read the comic series, it's a mess, somehow whoever wrote this series script is the god of storyboarding

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

people who haven't read the comic probably should not read the spoilers.
this is a long comic with alot of fucked up shit, and twists/turns. its really going to ruin it, if you have some of the major stuff spoiled.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking loved this. The end of the first episode...just amazing.

I don't really get the hate for the animation. It isn't bad, and if I remember correctly, it is highly reminiscent of the art in the comics. I didn't even notice it until I remembered people were hating it and not watching the show because of it. Looks fine to me.

I don't even remember the Amber character, let alone whether she was white or black, but I just want him to move onto being with the hottie Eve.

Rafi/Rexplode kills me. "I'm gonna be shitting blood..." Don't get me wrong, he's a huge douche, but since it is Rafi, it is hilarious.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
First episode in. Was not expecting that ending. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Lol.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I haven't read the comics and have no clue what will happen, but I'm guessing that the race/planet Omniman hails from isn't quite as benevolent as he tells his son...

• 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users