Invincible

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How is a writer choosing some silly low number of universes in a finite multiverse more sensical than them calling it an "infinite multiverse"?

Not sure how you equate finite to "silly low number" but it's based on an actual theory so they don't have to explain anything.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how you equate finite to "silly low number" but it's based on an actual theory so they don't have to explain anything.
The quote of mine that you originally replied to was in response to a post by Caliane. Where the DC writers chose 52 as the number of universes in the multiverse, then later doubled that number by making mirror universes of those 52. Marvel on the other hand is using the infinite multiverse as explained in Loki. Invincible seems to be using an infinite multiverse as well.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The quote of mine that you originally replied to was in response to a post by Caliane. Where the DC writers chose 52 as the number of universes in the multiverse, then later doubled that number by making mirror universes of those 52. Marvel on the other hand is using the infinite multiverse as explained in Loki. Invincible seems to be using an infinite multiverse as well.

I think they gave some reason like too much energy for one universe so it split to 52 or something along those lines. Either way, having an extremely high but finite number of universes will always make more sense than infinite where things get fucky and a lot of math breaks down

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, that's not how it works. Infinity is not equal to infinity, it's not a number, you can't do arithmetic on it.

That's the entire point. Math breaks down in a lot of ways when dealing with infinites, and what Burns Burns is saying is correct. The fact that it's not actually possible is irrelevant when we're talking about a hypothetical where it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I hope this thread is gay enough now for even the math dumb people to realize why multiverses suck ass when it’s not used for comedic value

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

marvel movies/tv REALLY fucked things up, because they have used Realms, dimensions, timelines, and universes interchangeably. And they aren't supposed to.

Loki is talking about timelines, not multiverse. Asgardians REALMS, are more akin to dimensions within a universe. Dimensions, hell etc all also are universe specific.

DC has the Bleed, as a space between universes. (again, more 4th wall breaking, as the bleed is the space outside of a comic book page, that is cropped off to print size.)

Burns

Loki is talking about timelines, not multiverse. Asgardians REALMS, are more akin to dimensions within a universe. Dimensions, hell etc all also are universe specific.
IMO timeline and multiverse are the same thing for how Marvel uses them in this regard. "Multiverse" would describe each branch as it is happening (moving through time), while "timeline" is the entirety of time in that particular universe. Going into a different "timeline" allows them to say they are not only switching verses in the multiverse, but also going backward or forward in time, in that verse.

It was Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness after all.

Cybsled

Was cool getting the Allen the Alien backstory. Also highlights how wtf powerful Viltrumites are

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
feels like they completely rewrote amber's character. which is interesting because i expected them to dig their heels in even more about her and do everything they could to make US feel bad for not liking her

Burns

feels like they completely rewrote amber's character. which is interesting because i expected them to dig their heels in even more about her and do everything they could to make US feel bad for not liking her
She wasn't really in the episode in any meaningful way, so I wouldn't get my hopes up yet.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
She wasn't really in the episode in any meaningful way, so I wouldn't get my hopes up yet.
i've been thinking it the whole season. she's not in it much, but when she's on screen she's definitely playing the cool, understanding girlfriend, instead of the bitchy "you lied to me" superior. last season she very much acted like dating mark was a charity and he had to earn her presence. she very much isn't doing that anymore.

and i know as far as the comic book goes, she's not in much more of the story in any kind of meaningful way, but it definitely seems like they are trying to make her actually likeable for the rest of her tenure

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Was cool getting the Allen the Alien backstory. Also highlights how wtf powerful Viltrumites are
yeah. Viltrumites are 90% Kryptonian's and 10% Saiyan.

(Allen is 50% saiyan 50% doomsday)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm waiting to do a binge of the season. Didn't know how far they were.
Sometimes it sucks doing the binge. I like looking forward to that one day a week like it's Sunday football

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sometimes it sucks doing the binge. I like looking forward to that one day a week like it's Sunday football
I am currently trying to catch up on One Piece. I have tons of stuff to watch atm.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well fuck, I enjoyed the episode but I don't like them not following the comic. Rogen does this with everything he produces 8/. He does 1 season accurate then throws out bullshit

Last edited: