Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, but why with 40+ years of materials to draw from do they need to duplicate today's current storyline in order to not "fuck up". They don't have Spiderman so don't get your hopes up for some Civil War.
When looking at the history of comic book movies, I'd much rather they take proven story lines that people love and make them in to movies, then attempt to force feed a conglomerate of stupid bullshit mixed together from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2k. Like I decided to reread through the original Spiderman series and holy fuck I never realized how much the first spiderman trilogy took from the early 60's comic books, it's sad.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
That said, I still didn't like IM3 that much. Yes, it was entertaining. I just didn't like that they made Super Paltrow. It didn't make sense from a character stand point. Oh well.
I didn?t mind that they made Super Paltrow, what I did mind was the wrap up at the end. So Tony Stark cures her and himself in the last two minutes of the movie so that it all ends on a happy note.

Why do all movies have to end on this happy euphoric note these days? Some of the greatest comic book stories will just never be told because they end up with someone dying and not a insanely happy ending.

Spider-Man ? The Green Goblin saga where Gwen Stacy is killed and Norman Osborn (we thought.)
X-Men ? The Dark Phoenix saga where Jean Grey commits suicide (supposedly)
Captain Marvel ? Who dies of cancer and oddly hasn?t been brought back yet.

Etc?

The problem is in this day and age, everyone wants a fucking happy ending. Two of the best comic book movies (IMO), Watchmen and V for Vendetta were great because they didn?t. Is it because non-comic book readers or just people in general don?t understand a non-happy ending anymore?

Hell I can remember people being confused by Watchmen because it wasn?t your typical comic book hero movie, which was what made it really great.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
People seem to neglect that around 95% of the audience of these movies have NEVER READ a comic book, much less a Marvel comic of Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America or Thor.
Please post a link to these hard numbers of yours to verify this statement.

Blackyce

Yeaahhh Phoenix DOES commit suicide, and Cyclops dies. spoiler alert?
rrr_img_24893.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
She gets buried under a lake to protect the x-men bro. Obviously it's not the same as the comic books, but she still never showed up again.

I never realized how much of a BADASS Doctor Octopus was in the original comics.

9o6ZpsO.jpg

Blackyce

She gets buried under a lake to protect the x-men bro. Obviously it's not the same as the comic books, but she still never showed up again.
Yes I know one of the best comic book stories EVER got retconned.

I still prefer to live in a world where Star Wars Episodes I-III, Highlander II and III and retconning some of the best comic book stories ever don't exist.
smile.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never realized how much of a BADASS Doctor Octopus was in the original comics.
Jesus...he's unstoppable!

I didn't mind that they made Super Paltrow, what I did mind was the wrap up at the end. So Tony Stark cures her and himself in the last two minutes of the movie so that it all ends on a happy note.
"Oh yeah, I cured Pepper. So basically we can now cure any injury with no repercussions. But we won't ever bring it up again."

fucker_sl

shitlord
Please post a link to these hard numbers of yours to verify this statement.
his 95% data is wrong, in the sense that yes, more than 95% of the audience has read once in their lifetime a comic book, but 98% of said audience have read it like you read the meaningless articles in some stupid gossip magazine while waiting for your appointment with the doctor....IE you will forget it like 10 seconds later

no one, except that little 2%, know much more of those characters other than Cap America has America in the name and is a Captain, Ironman has an armour, Hulk is big strong and green, and who the fuck is Thor

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I heard an un-intended spoiler on Opie & Anthony today about the new Spider Man.

Giovanni Ribisi is playing The Rhino, and he's all tatted up. Might be good.