Iron Man 3 [Spoilers Everywhere]

Calan

Trakanon Raider
the best part of that First avengers modified poster is not the title itself, but the fact they placed it and darkened the image so that any visual reference to USA is removed. (color and stripes on cap's uniform, the US on the jacket etc)

what is your opinion of IM1 and 2 ?
IM1 was good, didn't like IM2 as much but was still ok. I did like this one as well for the first hour and a half or so but it got stupid at the end.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Don't listen to these chimps. I liked it better than The Avengers. Best Iron Man movie to date. Some pretty cheesy shit, but there seems to be cheesy shit in every Marvel film.

fucker_sl

shitlord
cheesy shit is good only if done well. cheesy shit done bad is one of the worst part of any movies. Like a comedian failing to be funny. You can't stop from groaning

so, if the cheese is like IM1, it's good. If it's like IM2 is tollerable......mostly. If it's like Transformers, is horribly bad

which one of the 3 ?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Cheesy like I thought a lot of The Avengers was cheesy. It's a much MUCH better film than IM2. My favorite of the franchise.

Malkav

French Madman
Better than im2 but... Well, weird I'd say.

Edit : back home from the movie, so I'll add some things.

1) For once, the trailer didn't spoil anything.
2) Anyone having read a bit of the comic will be surprised.

Conclusion : I think this movie was an elaborate troll.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If she doesn't hang beav I don't care.
I love how you cut straight to the heart of the matter.

Also, thanks to a slight touch of allergy, I blew snot onto my keyboard when I read your post
frown.png

frown.png

fucker_sl

shitlord
i would like to say something: DONT stop to watch the extra scene. Absolutely meaningless. First movie of Phase2 and they give us this? wth ?

for the rest of the movie, yes it's damn great in the first part, and lose itself in the second. Final fight is good, but could have been better.

pepper at the end fighting was fucking stupid

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Was the extra scene "meaningless" as in, that was dumb, or was it perhaps a reference so obscure most people won't get it?

Keeping in mind I have no idea how much you know about Marvel Comics, etc.

DMK_sl

shitlord
It's pretty much thrown in for laughs. Really fucken weak to be honest. Like really? You've got a whole world of nerds to cater to and that's what they come up with. Rest of the movie was great.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
The extra part at the end was "meaningless" as in dumb.

This movie was put together in such a way as to show no real understanding of what an audience expects from a comic book character on screen.

You could of taken out 20 mins from the movie and had a 007 type movie or some random action movie and quite possibly not been any the wiser.

I would even say if you liked this movie you really don't like comics.

Inque

FunEmployed
Fucking really...

When it was announced that the Mandarin would be Iron's nemesis, many became excited about seeing the superhero's top rival in action. However it seems that the character is not what he seems. In fact, the Mandarin is nowhere near what the fans expect him to be. In trailers and pre-release advertising, Ben Kingsley appears in full garb with rings around his fingers. Considering what has transpired in recent "Avengers'" movies, many expected that the ten rings' superpowers would play a major role in the upcoming film. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Not even close.

According to What Culture, Ben Kingsley's character barely shows up for most of the first hour. With his house completely destroyed, Tony Stark travels to Florida to face off against the Mandarin at his home. He runs into the characters' bedroom and finds two women under the sheets. The "Mandarin" comes out of the bathroom and reveals that while he has appeared in promo videos as the villain, he is simply a paid actor working for the real villain Aldrich k!llian (played by Guy Pearce).

As it turns out, the character been completely subverted and those expecting Ben Kingsley to confront Iron Man in his Mandarin garb will be completely shocked and surprised.

What Culture concludes: "I'll give them credit; it was an extremely bold, brave move that I'm sure many other filmmakers would not have had the balls to do, but at the end of the day, is it worth the risk when it's possibly going to alienate or annoy half your audience? The film could have gone the more simplistic, down-the-road route of having Kingsley be the main villain and it wouldn't have been anymore the worse for it, whereas the path they've taken is most definitely going to be divisive, and may be more trouble in the long run."

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Decided to post some spoiler stuff for this as well.

This was pretty much a 2/5 movie for me.

The movie they opted to make was full of bad choices.

The opening scene was boring thats when the movie should grab you. BTW I like the song but it didn't fit.

I then got to experience Post Traumatic Stress Tony and relationship Tony for the first hour it seemed.

Then I got to experience the Tony Stark version of a ripley from Aliens. This got a little bit interesting when he outsmarted the female villain, and the interaction with the kid was funny in parts.

The movie then went full retard with the Mandarin twist. Not that the character they showed looked like anything else except Bin Laden to me.

Then some stuff gets blown up and the villains, who really have nothing interesting about them at all die. And Pepper goes all awesome (which was dumb) then I get to sit through 10 mins of credits to see a dumb end scene (which is a major let down considering how awesome they normally are).

What I hoped to see...

I went in expecting a back story of the Mandarin getting the rings as the opening scene Then possibly one or two other comic book characters popping up to help Tony as they defeat the Mandarins super type underlings until finally Iron Man defeats the Mandarin using science and strength along the way. And in between all that he would make his relationship stronger or weaker with pepper. And after all the credits another villan or avengers type scene.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Damn, initial reviews are pretty poor. I might not see this during the weekend now.

Juvarisx

Florida
TO be fair we had some vocal people that didn't like the Avengers either. If you like Iron Man go.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, go see the damn movie if you wanted to originally. Don't let others sway you from not doing so. That makes no sense.

fucker_sl

shitlord
if you liked ANY of the marvel movies you will like this too. Hell, until half of the movie i thought it was the best ironman by far