IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Lyft laid off 20% of real work force, Uber considering same. Wonder how many are software engineers. Curious to see what this does on the potential job market for software engineers. Anyone in hiring positions gotten more applications from engineers who seem to have been laid off elsewhere due to Corona? Maybe that won't come for a few more months.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm using mouse without borders now and it's great. Now my wife can hear my MX BLUES FUCKIN BLASTIN through the wall all day

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, you use blue switches. The lack of cleaning in your household make so much more sense now.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is that via software or do your monitors have input jacks and they automatically switch based on what keyboard you hit a key on?

I've been meaning to look into a software "KVM" option but have just been too lazy.

Seems to be an inherent feature of the monitors. If my PC is off like it is when I am working it defaults to whatever input is active. Which is the work PC. I've never ran both at once. If I decide to dick off during the workday I just fire up the PS4 and switch input on my second monitor.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm using mouse without borders now and it's great.
It is pretty much the best thing.

If I didn't have my work PC I'd still use it with a second computer, so I could run my side shit on a second computer instead of taking up CPU and GPU from my games.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Started using mouse without borders. Now I need to re-wire everything to remove my KVM because I'm in the habit of using it to switch back and forth which fucks up Mouse Without Borders.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started using mouse without borders. Now I need to re-wire everything to remove my KVM because I'm in the habit of using it to switch back and forth which fucks up Mouse Without Borders.
It's pretty nice. Some minor weird things but so far so good. It's actually incredible how nice it just works

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The weirdest thing is how much I was accidentally hitting Control-R which is the default reconnect macro so I had to disable that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The weirdest thing is how much I was accidentally hitting Control-R which is the default reconnect macro so I had to disable that.

Oh, I'll definitely have to remap that if possible then, I bind CTRL+R in a lot of video games, and don't want MWB running while playing said video games.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Any rkt users here? Been using docker and more recently utilizing kubernetes. Curious if anyone has had any preference for mixin rkt with kubernetes.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
What are you doing with it though?
Toying around with it as an easier way to manage/orchestrate a multi container micro service based application.

NoOps baby.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does webstorm have somethinig like Remote SSH? That extension has been great, especially since working from home over a VPN. Building a sandbox(10M+ LoC) locally takes days due to cache hits.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I use VSCode mostly these days. Most other devs I know absolutely swear by IntelliJ.