It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think the 2nd part will have all the characters. The Chekhov's Gun thing with Dee's eye itching I'm sure will come into play. Overall kind of a lame episode. I'm pretty sure they shot a lot of these episodes out of order/before Dennis came back and they're just trying to arrange them so they fit. Man, if they had all the non-Dennis episodes lead up to the Dennis episode... it'd have been a tough ride.

spronk

FPS noob
well, i guess the 2nd part was a tad bit better than the first part but honestly the only good part was the RL stuff at the end. this writing is abysmally bad, the characters aren't funny at all, and the show has gone from comedy to just gross-out humor for some weird reason the last 2 or 3 episodes.

At least they only made you suffer through 9 episodes

edit: i take it back i guess the season finale is this week

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I normally consume always sunny, but I've only made it through 4 episodes and at the end of every one I've just felt disappointed. No real desire to keep watching, what happened?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Definitely a weird one. I was waiting for the zinger. Guess I'm still waiting. Frank's fear of the gays was pretty good. It was like the first episode where Danny Devito actually ACTED, too. Usually he just kinda phones it in.

Overall probably 3-4 good episodes this season and rest were pretty mediocre. Unfortunate. This was one of the few shows that got better and better every season, but I guess that streak is over. Was probably over last season actually, but I don't remember from last season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I feel like I would of really liked the ending more if the rest of the season wasn't so bad. As it stands now, just feels like an exclamation point on how this show just isn't the same Sunny anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
What was that? Man this season has been very disappointing. Lack of Dennis I think completely screwed it up.

At least that was a season finale and I don't have to torture myself with a show I loved that has gone to shit.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was hoping the dance scene would flash back to reality. Like the high school reunion.

And it’s jjst mac on his fuck bike in front of the prisoners

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

I tolerate older shows as they enter their decline, but what in the everliving fuck happened to their talent this year. Episode 1 had me giddy to tune in this season.

Many disappointments. Feels like an advertisement for Rob MCwhateverthefuck's next job.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This season was just not funny. I'm already seeing any criticism of this season being chalked up to bigotry on the sunny subreddit.

iannis

Musty Nester
it's been a downward trend. The last season I really liked was the one with the Frank POV episode in it. Don't do it ponzy, you've got so much to live for!

The one that started with the Musical version of OZ was entertaining in it's own right, but it wasn't funny. Was that last season? I haven't super kept up. I tend to bing a season of sunny in a week well after it's been released.

There's only so far they can push the basic formula. They pushed it a lot further than I thought they could. Good job, but it was probably time to end it like... after that Oz season.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like I've said it before, but the show is a few hits every season, but like 7-8 misses.

Last season the water park and "Hero or Hate Crime?" were hilarious.

The season before had "Mac and Dennis Move to the Suburbs," the trial of the century episode, and "Charlie Catches a Leprechaun." That one also had the ski episode and Frank one you're talking about, but I can't remember if they were any good.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Apparently he got a lot of positive feedback from lgbqt groups when Mac came out last season and wanted to honor that, especially since his mom and two siblings are gay. It was personal.

Still feels really out of place to take something like that seriously in a show like this. It'd be like Schindler's list ending in an Aristocrats joke.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Well now we know who ruined this show.

Cuck Mac and SJWs