It's time to come clean.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't understand what about an avatar bet is so controversial or difficult from a moderating perspective. Edit a new user level to make a bet loser permissions that just can't edit avatars then change their avatar and dump them in there.

If they never post because butthurt, who cares, they aren't banned they're just colossal pieces of lying shit. They lack honor.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand what about an avatar bet is so controversial or difficult from a moderating perspective. Edit a new user level to make a bet loser permissions that just can't edit avatars then change their avatar and dump them in there.

If they never post because butthurt, who cares, they aren't banned they're just colossal pieces of lying shit. They lack honor.
If that's possible with the current forum software, then yeah. But otherwise, at least Err is being upfront. Basically now we know that bets will not be enforced so no point in making them unless you actually trust the other party to live up for their side of it. Which means basic sports avatar bets that last a week and shit will probably survive, but anything higher stakes is pretty much pointless.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Araysar's bet involved an avatar for a year and he welched. He was then banned for a year. Isn't a ban worse than an avatar switch? I suppose being banned from here could also be seen as a blessing. I don't think avatar bets have lost their power if you get banned for a period of time if you don't adhere to the bet.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think it's more faggot shit from what I've been told.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Araysar's bet involved an avatar for a year and he welched. He was then banned for a year. Isn't a ban worse than an avatar switch? I suppose being banned from here could also be seen as a blessing. I don't think avatar bets have lost their power if you get banned for a period of time if you don't adhere to the bet.
If you have to ban him for a year to enforce a valid avatar bet it's a good sign that the ban should just stay in place.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Seems simple to me too, but apparently it is too hard for the modkru. That's why I volunteered to handle them from here on out.

Isn't a ban worse than an avatar switch?
Apparently not in this case cause the avatar rocked his world. Besides, he just jumped on an alt for that year and skirted the punishment anyway.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
There is no proof he was on an alt. He is not IRB. Sadly there is both an Araysarandan IRB on this planet.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You guys seriously going to make me go back through the Ukraine thread to find Tuco's post again where he explicitly said that, and I quote "Even if he comes back in 10 years talking about statute of limitations or some shit," he has to wear the avatar for the period specified period of time or remain banned?

Let's stop pretending the ban was replacement punishment for losing the bet, and instead realize it was punishment for welching on the bet and refusing to wear the avatar.

Therefore, how can banning him for a year be used as substitution for his failure to wear the avatar during his specified period?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
He won't. If he shows up ten years from now talking about statute of limitations or something he'll still be given the option for wearing the avatar for six months or being banned.
rrr_img_134657.png

There. It wasn't even that far back. And just prior to that is a post from Tarrant claiming that if Araysar tries to welch on his bet again, he'll just add to the ban time even more.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think his position now is that he served his time on his IRB alt.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No where in this statement was IRB or an alt even mentioned. So its on Araysar account till Tuco steps in and wears it himself, which id be cool with as well.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
When I saw the name of this thread, I thought it was going to be a review of body wash and the benefits of loofah.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Who cares what Tuco said? When has that ever meant anything here? Also, I'm not saying the ban was put in as a replacement, I'm saying that I feel it was a suitable replacement at this point(as did the rest of the mods).

iannis

Musty Nester
You guys seriously going to make me go back through the Ukraine thread to find Tuco's post again where he explicitly said that, and I quote "Even if he comes back in 10 years talking about statute of limitations or some shit," he has to wear the avatar for the period specified period of time or remain banned?

Let's stop pretending the ban was replacement punishment for losing the bet, and instead realize it was punishment for welching on the bet and refusing to wear the avatar.

Therefore, how can banning him for a year be used as substitution for his failure to wear the avatar during his specified period?
I think it's moot. I think he's banned himself. He rolled up into a thread with some of the weakest shit he could muster, dropped the mic, and declared victory.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
His game got stale in his year's absence, for sure.

Gotta keep that troll razor honed fine or it dulls quickly.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Oh that's truly hilarious and myopic at the same time.

Go fuck yourself, basically.
Not myopic in the least. Simply the truth. Do I need to search your post history for all the instances of you hating on Tuco for changing the rules, etc? It's quite clear what Tuco says has no real bearing on anything. I don't mean this as a dis to Tuco or a slight to you or the community. Just pointing it out.

khalid

Unelected Mod
No point in defending the fuckhead. He came in, posted shit that would make IRB ashamed, played the victim and then vanished again.

The only thing slightly amusing about his temporary visit, was seeing Draegan latch onto his nuts because he was a Bernie supporter.