Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: iZombie

Genre: Horror, Drama, Crime, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2015-03-17

Creator: Rob Thomas, Diane Ruggiero

Cast: Rose McIver, David Anders, Robert Buckley, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Aly Michalka

Overview: A medical student who becomes a zombie joins a Coroner's Office in order to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat so that she can maintain her humanity. But every brain she eats, she also inherits their memories and must now solve their deaths with help from the Medical examiner and a police detective.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 130144[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]iZombie[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-03-17[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A medical student who becomes a zombie joins a Coroner's Office in order to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat so that she can maintain her humanity. But every brain she eats, she also inherits their memories and must now solve their deaths with help from the Medical examiner and a police detective.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Search didn't turn up another thread, so here's hoping I'm not an idiot.

New series on the CW by the creator of Veronica Mars. I'll admit the trailer didn't inspire me a lot, but the Veronica Mars part is enough for me to give it a shot at least, and the CW has been turning out some pretty great shows lately, so here's hoping. Starts tonight after The Flash.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
after you watch it, please answer these questions. is she the only zombie on the show and is she just using her zombie powers to solve regular crimes or is there other supernatural beings out there she has to stop?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
After watching the trailer, the answer to whether or not she's the only zombie is no. Sark from Alias/Dr. Frankenstein from Once Upon A Time/the original regenerating guy from Heroes (and a ton of other shit) is also a zombie.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Eat brains to absorb memories to solve crimes... Seems from the trailers she is hiding her zombiehood / brain eating.

/pass

Caliane

Eat brains to absorb memories to solve crimes... Seems from the trailers she is hiding her zombiehood / brain eating.

/pass
yeah, its very "Pushing Daisies".
This is a Vertigo Comic by Mike Allred and Chris Roberson.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Who came up with the name iZombie anyways? What the heck does the "i" even mean?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who came up with the name iZombie anyways? What the heck does the "i" even mean?
for me i immediately thought of Astrocreep 2000's I Zombie
but its probably some lame Apple joke where you got Iphone, Ipod, Ipad and an Izombie which accesses information through brain eating or whatever.

Caliane

not sure.

the "I...Vampire" was a story in The House of Mystery back in 1981.

iZombie came out in 2010, I,Vampire relaunched in new 52 in 2011.
I, Frankenstein has nothing to do with DC comics, even when the character was a total ripoff of DC comics Frankenstein.. came out in 2014.

could also have a bit of reference to Ubisofts Zombi.

The hipster element of being a lowercase i, in relation to iphone, ipod, etc, is also very likely.
it DOES take place in Portland. (well, Eugene.)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't terrible. Sort of had the Veronica Mars feel that I was expecting. I'm not going to say it was awesome, but I'll watch a few more at least.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was surprised at how much I didn't hate it. I am not sure if this is my kind of show, but overall it's watchable.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked it. Wasn't very serious but was fun. I got a few good laughs at her expressions, like when she was stealing the stapler and then sees the family photo.

Oldbased

> Than U
Pilots are hard to judge with since they set up the show. Was entertaining enough to watch next week again now that the sniff each others ass phase is done and see how she plays.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database