Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan Utnayan gave the game a 1
gshurik gshurik hates ut

who is right and who is wrong?

giphy.gif

I have that douche bag on perm ignore :)

Gamefly is on the way. I am sure it will be mediocre.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
About 5 hours in and I am digging it. Combat is fun, platforming and puzzles have been fun. Collectibles are fun enough to find but pointless enough that I won't lose any sleep if I don't. Also, graphics are beautiful on PC and mostly smooth.

Not sure why there is such a divide, it's a solid game from an IP that has lacked solid games. Yeah fuck EA, but Respawn deserve the support.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why there is such a divide, it's a solid game from an IP that has lacked solid games. Yeah fuck EA, but Respawn deserve the support.
It just feels like they did the bare minimum possible. It's a short game, there's not much depth to any of the game systems (especially the combat), force powers are mostly just an out-of-combat gimmick to drive the metroidvania aspects because you run out of juice so fast in combat, there's no equipment and only cosmetics for loot, the story isn't particularly interesting, the main NPC you are supposed to talk to all the time has worse uncanny valley going on than even ME:A did, etc. etc. etc. In light of everything else, it being so short is actually a good thing. I was ready for it to be over about halfway through Kashyyyk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
It just feels like they did the bare minimum possible. It's a short game, there's not much depth to any of the game systems (especially the combat), force powers are mostly just an out-of-combat gimmick to drive the metroidvania aspects because you run out of juice so fast in combat, there's no equipment and only cosmetics for loot, the story isn't particularly interesting, the main NPC you are supposed to talk to all the time has worse uncanny valley going on than even ME:A did, etc. etc. etc. In light of everything else, it being so short is actually a good thing. I was ready for it to be over about halfway through Kashyyyk.

Agree with the skill system being bare and Mad TV chicks bug eyes, but everything else is pretty subjective. Like I said, only 5 hours in but I think it's fine for what it is.

spronk

FPS noob

she looks like a fucking muppet especially with the eyeballs

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe bugeye isn't a human and some bugeye race we never heard of. Open your mind people.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe bugeye isn't a human and some bugeye race we never heard of. Open your mind people.

this is actually the exact justification i gave myself to stop being unsettled whenever i saw her.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Ok I'm glad it's not just me being completely weirded out by the token black lady.

I don't know actresses but I assume it was mocapped right? Does anyone legitimately look like this and why aren't they in a special hospital getting eye surgery?

I noticed that the Eno Cordova is Master Bra'Tac (Tony Amendola) from Stargate, so that was cool.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finished the story and I liked where it ended up. Definitely open for a sequel of some sort.

I would totally be on board with a sequel where you switch back and forth between Cal and Mirran, exploring the Nightsisters feels like rich untapped potential.

There's nothing left to explore. Between the massacre in Son of Dathomir and the Rebels episode where Ezra destroys the altar, the Nightsisters are done.

spronk

FPS noob
its the chick who used to be on Mad TV, she was on every episode for all 11 years or whatever. she's bald now. she's done a shit load of video game voice work but i dunno why they animated her the way she did

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finished this over the weekend via Redbox on Jedi Knight mode. Game was perfectly average and I enjoyed my time with it but will probably never go back to play it again. This was probably what was needed for the Star Wars universe in a game in the same way TFA was needed when it came out. Here's hoping a sequel is more Megan Man to Mega Man 2 in than TFA to Last Jedi.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well there's a couple things going on with miss bugeye. while the technology for facial screening has definitely come a long way, there's still some pretty glaring problems with it. control is a great example of this.

OaCQfPO.png

vs the actress who plays her

fd0e86d78edf7a9cf51c53120be392ed.jpg

she's pretty stunning in real life but in the game she looks pretty mannish... conan obrien has a cameo in death stranding.. he looks even worse

so there's certain limitations in the software that scans and then renders the faces that make them look... not quite right.

that being said, debra wilson just looks like an alien now so maybe the software isn't that inaccurate...

spoiler because it's too big and gross.
latest

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just got it from GameFly. Ps pro. First two notices.

Small tinge of input lag
Broken as FUCK HDR implementation.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok disregard HDR. Was initially all greyed out in the initial tutorial.