Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Still a rental. EA will somehow get their mits in this and fuck it up. All the paid for ads disguised as "Preview journalistic integrity" cannot wipe out what EA has done to this franchise since signing their exclusive with Disney. Much like what Disney is doing to the IP itself as well.

Even as a rental, I'll probably type cast Cal as Gay Jesus immediately. :p

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As big a Star Wars fan as I am, I have never been a big Star Wars games fan, most of them being somewhat disappointing.

When I first saw the reveal for this, I thought it looked good, but nothing more, as I said Star Wars games never did it for me.

This week coverage though have really started to hype me, I think it looks great, while I don't have the same level of cynicism as Utnayan Utnayan , I'm still a bit weary when it comes to EA. So while this is definitely still a wait for reviews first, it's looking more than likely to become a buy.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
At $15 for a month of deluxe access this is a no brainer, can play some other games they might have you wouldn't normally try out as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
At $15 for a month of deluxe access this is a no brainer, can play some other games they might have you wouldn't normally try out as well.

Yep no reason to buy the game. If anything, a $14.99 sub for a month to knock it out and cancel the sub. Or, gamefly for consoles.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Pantheon should sue them for using their trademark name.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there's some real interesting stuff behind the scenes going on with this game if you can read between the lines...

EA keeps telling everyone that gamers WANT multiplayer "games as a service" nonsense with microtransactions everywhere. this is also made by the same studio that did titanfall (which everyone loved but no one played) and that EA either maliciously tanked or incompetently blundered... there's talk that with all the nonsense and ill-will that EA garnered with battlefront, they "threw a bone" to Respawn after titanfall debacle and told them they'd fund non-multiplayer, non-MTX game just so that when it fails they can go back to telling the world that gamers just don't want single player games.

that's the theory on why the advertising for the game has been so off. people are playing the game, or at least part of it and it's nothing like what they expected it to be. people have been saying "this looked real boring last month... this month it looks like a different game"

• 1Truth!

spronk

FPS noob
you DO know that Respawn made APEX, the only game that EA makes right now that everyone loves? Everything else EA owns people absolutely despise from the sports franchises to Bioware "lol anthem" to whatever clusterfuck DICE must be up to after BF5 did very poorly on sales. A new need for speed is out soon (already? I dunno) and no one gives a shit. I guess people like plants vs zombies.

literally respawn could tell EA to suck their dick and EA would probably do it, I wouldn't be surprised if EA is asking Respawn how to save the company

• 1Like

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't say I've been excited for anything Star Wars for quite some time but this has my full attention, looks like it will be a day one buy for me.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That looks awesome... I just really hate cinematic heavy games as it feels like there is nothing really to do other than go through a series of linear levels and that's it, so you are done after 15 hours.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh hey another trailer filled with in game cut scenes. Come on guys you are smarter than this.

EA Access for consoles (To at least try it first for 10 hours) , Origin Premiere to play the whole thing for $15 for the month. There is ZERO reason to purchase a full fledged copy based on this trailer nonsense. How many times are people going to fall for that.

• 1Picard
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Oh hey another trailer filled with in game cut scenes. Come on guys you are smarter than this.

EA Access for consoles (To at least try it first for 10 hours) , Origin Premiere to play the whole thing for $15 for the month. There is ZERO reason to purchase a full fledged copy based on this trailer nonsense. How many times are people going to fall for that.

As proven time and time again, no, people here are not smarter than this.

Look at every expansion thread for an existing garbage release game and you see person after person going, "OH MAN THE OG GAME HAD A TON OF ISSUES BUT I'M LOVING THIS GAME!!!"

Division 2 was the most recent one I remember actually trying to cock-block people on and after going back to that thread, people are complaining about Div2 stuff the same way they complained about Div1. The same issues that everyone was already aware of and worried about.

Oh well, honestly I've been debatign releasing a trash "indie" game just because it's a pretty easy way to make a modicum of money for nearly 0 effort. Shit just look at Undertale, the art was done by an autistic 4 year old, the music was the only thing holding the game together and the story was written by a jilted wife going through a divorce that was manic-depressive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No reason to not do this with the $15 /month option. This will be a good game though. This is the exception to the rule for EA's dumb shit (Repsawn).

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah if the game is great that's fantastic. (I think it is going to be boring but I'll rent it or sub to the pass for a month, beat it, and cancel the sub). With the way the programs are set up now there is zero reason to go out and purchase a hard copy for $59.99. Especially for a single player game which I bet will be able to be knocked out in 7 hours.

Now here is another giant elephant in the room. As more and more of these subs come via publisher or 1st party for all access or game pass, more and more (Christ, if not all of them) are being launched in either mediocre quality states or half ass developed. As the model changes to more subscription, expect less effort into AAA games as a whole and you can already see that across MS's 1st party Gamepass titles as well as EA (Which have always sucked the last 6 years) and the latest debacle of Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Ubi's new service.

These games will continually fall down an even lower effort path because high end revenue from full price title sales will be less than subscribed prices (Due to people just subbing to a service for a month to play a game for 12-15 rather than pay 59 for it) and they will need to adjust development costs to compensate.

Protip: If you see a game title launch that has a subscription method available from the publisher to attain full play rights on said title, if you go out and spend $59.99 you are a God Damn knucklehead. 1) You have a much cheaper way to procure the game. 2) The quality will not be the same as 5 years ago in a full priced title with the publisher knowing they will make less on the sub, which means less investment they can make in development as these idiots see the sad fact: Consumers subbing for one month for one game and cancelling as the industry figures out they cannot pump out content like Netflix to keep long term subscribers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Utnayan you bring up a good point. How much will quality go down because we are paying less now. I mean are they getting more subscribers to make up the difference of people who wouldn't buy it anyways? It would be cool to see the numbers on how these subscription service are bringing in compared to actually buying the game. Also if they are willing to give out the ultimate editions what is the actual value of the ultimate editions.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Utnayan you bring up a good point. How much will quality go down because we are paying less now. I mean are they getting more subscribers to make up the difference of people who wouldn't buy it anyways? It would be cool to see the numbers on how these subscription service are bringing in compared to actually buying the game. Also if they are willing to give out the ultimate editions what is the actual value of the ultimate editions.

So this is my theory. They are going to leverage subscriptions as a lower cost method to purely drive downloads of said game and use an “install” of the software as a base market for their MTX system. Ever seen an ultimate package of a game on game pass or PS plus? Nope. Reason being they are testing waters already today as we speak. They know if they get the install in there is a higher likelihood they buy DLC or microtransactions. For example, Nioh is free on PS Plus in November. However, none of the DLC is. People like the game, it’s now a target for their pay walls.

But look at the quality of games lately that you can get with a subscription. Sea of thieves which was awful at launch, state of decay 2, crackdown 3... these were garbage. It’s consistent lower effort from what we have seen so far.

I honestly think it’s only going to get worse. More and more AAA games will come out with free to play effort in design and scope locked behind a subscription to access and then MTX systems for further content and downloads.

This is what they want. Games like this, breakpoint, outer worlds, condition us for cheap alternatives rather than pay full price, then they pull the rug out and wallah. You are paying a sub to get shit free to play games across the board with pay to win systems.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

tenor.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ian from Shameless is the main character? I don't know if I could play this without him suddenly fucking everything that moves in the ass.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf