JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
people were cheering and clapping when? when quagon and obiwan were drinking tea and talking taxes with the trade federation?
i think at the showing i went to people cheered at the first sight of light sabers, but it got real quiet after that. whan jar jar happened people started talking smack during the movie. it was pretty bad. nobody cheered and clapped. but then again keep in mind i saw this in staten island during the 90s. bunch of cynical assholes in that theater.
I saw it first in Costa Mesa, CA ,and there were numerous cheers throughout the movie. The most vivid I can remember was when Obi-Wan sliced Maul in half. It was the same explosion of cheers that I heard during Return of the King when the undead came charging off the ship to join the fight. People also gave a standing O at the end.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Carrie Fisher gonna get skinny again? Who the fuck am I kidding? I jerked off to her so much when I was 8-9 I'd bang fat 50 something Carrie @ 25.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
She already did, she is doing Weight Watchers commercials. Which kind of supports the theory that they have been booked to return for a while now.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
At best the force helps them do things they shouldn't be able to do at that age like Yoda fighting.
This was something that always bugged me about Star Wars, particularly the prequels. One would think that learning to use the force meant that, over time, one would gain more control andprecisionas they mastered it. The really old ones (like Yoda) wouldn'tneedto be able to physically fight anymore, because their control over the force (which, lets face it, is a form of psychokinesis) would allow them to rupture their opponents cells, tearing them apart, or even vibrate the atoms in their cells, causing them to turn to vapor. They could walk into a room and explode motherfuckers.

So when I saw the prequels and saw Yoda and Palpatine jumping around like gymnasts on meth, it didn't sit well with me. Not that it looked bad, I mean, the CGI fights looked good I guess. It just seemed like a lack of imagination.

Of course having them walk into a room and stare at each other while they try to rupture each other's blood vessels probably wouldn't be very exciting either.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I saw it first in Costa Mesa, CA ,and there were numerous cheers throughout the movie. The most vivid I can remember was when Obi-Wan sliced Maul in half. It was the same explosion of cheers that I heard during Return of the King when the undead came charging off the ship to join the fight. People also gave a standing O at the end.
Your anecdote doesn't count cause the source is brain-dead regarding the prequels.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL

Your trolling is fucking awesome.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
LOL

Your trolling is fucking awesome.
It's funny because its true. Its true that when the first prequel opened for the first time, they cheered, they stood up and they applauded when it ended. It was a dream come true in ultra digital reality.

...And then you woke up and realized that you had gotten so high that you fucked the one legged cripple with the dingleberries on her tits and cobwebs in her vagina for two hours. I saw it opening night in Austin TX at the Highland 10. I remember it vividly. I wish that I didn't but I do.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
There was a lot of applause and cheering at the showing of Ep1 that I went to as well. Even at the end, by which time I had this sort of numb disconnect from most of those around me as I sat there wondering how anyone could find it worthy of applause.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I'm sure it won't happen, but I would love for them to go back to the classic fighting style used in the original trilogy for this. Or at least compromise and find a happy medium. I loved that in the original trilogy they really did seem like knights. The far more flashy style of the prequels doesn't flow worth a shit with the originals. I know it is personal preference, but I personally don't think they looked better doing the overly choreographed fighting. They looked like a bunch of fucking ballerinas with lightsabers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah they need to go retro. personally i would love it if they filmed the sequels with the same old panavision cameras they used in the original trilogy.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
when i got out of the theatre i thought "meh it's average"
but on the next day,i thought more about it and "fuck! the movie is terrible.what a waste of time and money"

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure it won't happen, but I would love for them to go back to the classic fighting style used in the original trilogy for this. Or at least compromise and find a happy medium. I loved that in the original trilogy they really did seem like knights. The far more flashy style of the prequels doesn't flow worth a shit with the originals. I know it is personal preference, but I personally don't think they looked better doing the overly choreographed fighting. They looked like a bunch of fucking ballerinas with lightsabers.
The Vader/Luke fights in ESB and RotJ were somewhat choreographed without being overdone. Certainly more entertaining than the stiff old man talking battle between Obi Wan and Vader in ANH. There's a happy medium in there. I didn't mind the Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Maul fight all that much. The rest of the prequel scenes were fucking shit, and of course Yoda's parts were more comedy than action. Who knows, someone might have the right idea with this. I honestly take more faith in Abrams than anything, the inclusion of the original actors feels too forced and makes me think Crystal Skull. This should be a full on reboot in terms of distancing the saga from the prequels and Lucas IMO. I really have little hope that it will be though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
When most Star War nerds, including myself, went to see the prequels we were so hyped and amped up that we are getting NEW STAR WARS we would of clapped and cheered at 2 girls 1 lightsaber.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Took the day off of work and waited eight hours in front of the theater for opening day tickets. That's like anxiously waiting in line for prison shower rape.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Vader/Luke fights in ESB and RotJ were somewhat choreographed without being overdone. Certainly more entertaining than the stiff old man talking battle between Obi Wan and Vader in ANH. There's a happy medium in there. I didn't mind the Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Maul fight all that much. The rest of the prequel scenes were fucking shit, and of course Yoda's parts were more comedy than action. Who knows, someone might have the right idea with this. I honestly take more faith in Abrams than anything, the inclusion of the original actors feels too forced and makes me think Crystal Skull. This should be a full on reboot in terms of distancing the saga from the prequels and Lucas IMO. I really have little hope that it will be though.
See I thought Phantom Menace fight choreography was by far the worst of the prequels, discounting the Yoda fights cause you can't really call that stupid shit choreography. Looked like a low budget martial arts flick with shiny swords. The fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith reminded me a great deal of the Vader/Luke fight in RotJ, very emotional and a lot less ninjas with lightsabers than Phantom Menace.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Heh.

rrr_img_16796.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Finally, this deal is getting better"

Also, slap a hoodie on Hamil and you've found a new emperor.