JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars movie

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So it's probably going to end up being JJ Abrams for SW7, Joss Whedon for SW8, but what hip young hotshot director will make the third trilogy entry Star Wars 9: Bug Fucking?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To be fair to Gavinrad, I was thinking the same thing I just didn't care enough to post it. People here know the movie as The Professional. Referring to it by an international title is just silly. If you started referring to Hoosiers as Final Shot, people would have no idea what you are talking about. And if you went on to explain that was the international title and blah blah blah then you would get punched in the face.

Really though, it doesn't matter, and is getting us off track from the real discussion here: TheEdge thinks Liam fucking Neeson was an unknown actor prior to Episode 1.
true that, Liam Neeson was a fucking badass prior to the prequels, i mean once you have been blown up. then destroyed a helicopter, incinerated a race of people, served as a knight of the round table. being ob1's dull mentor pales in comparison.

and if i had my choice for a star wars director, id probably go with Edgar Wright, with Simon Pegg co-writing the script.

Zech_sl

shitlord
So it's probably going to end up being JJ Abrams for SW7, Joss Whedon for SW8, but what hip young hotshot director will make the third trilogy entry Star Wars 9: Bug Fucking?
Ben Whoffleck has came out and said he wants to direct one...so put him on 8 and Whedon on 9 and i would be game for that...i just know that will get me negs!!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A different director for each is a good idea, they won't get burned out on the ridiculous production that is Star Wars and start shooting every scene as two people talking on a couch.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
I would be kind of interested in what Neill Blomkamp would do with the star wars franchise, that guy seems to be born to direct sci fi.

Whoever says chris nolan needs to be punched in the mouth.

The only thing bothering me about JJ's star trek is, however badass kirk was made out to be, he just could not seem to win a fight. Heck, sulu kicked more ass then him.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, you guys are totally forgetting M. Night Shamalamadingdong! Imagine how a Star Wars done by him would be, and the big twist at the end where it is all actually earth!

As an aside, if you saw it as The Professional originally, and you had no clue that "Leon" even existed until other people from outside of America told you, and you still live in America where people know it as The Professional...it seems to me that you have zero reason to call it Leon given the nature of the people you interact with both here and on a daily basis in real life, every single one of which will know what The Professional is, and very few of which will have any clue what Leon is. I know that won't convince you, but you should be calling all movies by their international names just in case you are addressing a native European that has no knowledge whatsoever of American cinema, if you are going to stick to your own logic. And what about the poor Asians?? What did they call it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I interact with non americans on the net more than americans in real life. I dont think ive never even had a discussion about leon with a fellow american. And the other reason to call the movie leon is thats the real title of the movie. The professional is the american title only. Im not being a euro snob. You dont see me calling capt america by the euro title.

astr0creep will always be the annoying little brother of FoH / RR.

how_to_detain_your_annoying_little_brother-27626.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
They can't trust 'Star Wars 9: Bug Fucking Zombies' to just anyone. They'll get Tarantino to do it. Uma Thurman to star.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Uhh, maybe I'm late to the lens flare party - but am I the only person in the world that didn't notice/wasn't horribly distracted by it in Star Trek? Is it because of the 15 minutes I spend every day staring into the sun?