Job Hunting

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Passed the interview. Now for a take home coding test due by Thursday!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
God help me I'm likely to be in this thread.

Do tax shit for govt, govt wants vaccine, not happening.

Sounds like I have until early December before getting fired.

Taking FMLA in a few weeks, going to take some time off, then try to completely change careers.

I hate tax, I hate accounting, really want a job with no computer.

Going to be a headache. Lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Getting old to be starting new manual labor careers. Lol

I dunno tho, going to take some time to figure shit out.

Wife has a good gig, so that will keep us in the black.

I don't mind some reports, etc whatever, but fuck I'm tired of emails, and reports, and forms, etc.

Might say fuck it all and go live on the farm. Lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would you mind posting something similar in scope? We do coding tests for our interviews but we're breathing watching them do it, which I'm not sure is entirely fair. I'm wondering if a longer takehome might be better. Though, does seem like a huge amount of work to grade.

Also, I'm being selfish to see if I'm keeping myself mentally in shape. I've answered all our own coding tests, even saved the answers for reference. But if it's even been a few months, I sometimes doubt I could answer the question in time. Makes me wonder if it's me or the test.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Deathwing Deathwing this one is real tool specific so I don't know how helpful it might be.

TASK: Create a DBT (data build tool) project using some database. Using this database create datasets meeting these requirements. Submit to git and link it to us.

I haven't used DBT in forever so the task took me 45 minutes. But the setup for all the shit needed took like 3 hours lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That is indeed very specific, but that makes sense given the position. Thanks for posting either way, good luck.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I submitted it and got the output right. Although their instructions weren't very clear so I shared the repo with the guy and asked for a bit of clarification. I'm pretty confident though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
God help me I'm likely to be in this thread.

Do tax shit for govt, govt wants vaccine, not happening.

Sounds like I have until early December before getting fired.

Taking FMLA in a few weeks, going to take some time off, then try to completely change careers.

I hate tax, I hate accounting, really want a job with no computer.

Going to be a headache. Lol
Call a surveyors office and ask if they need a rodman/field staff with zero experience. ;)

Are you an old fatbody?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The recruiter called me and told me that they would update me yesterday but are busy. She called again and told me they are still busy on a big project and will update me next week. Still hoping I guess but it's nice they keep in contact this much. But the chances of this petering out are also increasing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The recruiter called me and told me that they would update me yesterday but are busy. She called again and told me they are still busy on a big project and will update me next week. Still hoping I guess but it's nice they keep in contact this much. But the chances of this petering out are also increasing.
Well you aren't applying for a job for my company. Not a single person referred has even heard back let alone that often. Our recruiters suck.

• 1Truth!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yes and no. There's an equal chance they want you, so they are making sure HR keeps you in the loop. Most plebe level jobs you get ghosted if you aren't getting an offer.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, no response today so.

Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

After all that they prob ghosted me anyway. Modern recruiting.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, no response today so.

Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

After all that they prob ghosted me anyway. Modern recruiting.
My favorite part of modern recruiting is when you hear back 4 weeks later, "Hey! We'd like to hire you for X, can you come in for paperwork on X date?".

The fuck I can. I didn't hear a fuckin' peep from you for 4 weeks. Sucks for you that the candidate you actually wanted fell through, but I've moved on, assholes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users