Job Hunting

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
image0.jpg

No experience preferred

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay what in the holy fuck. That company that ghosted me just sent me a $100 gift card rather than speak to me.

What fucking clown world shit is this?

Pennywise The Clown Hello GIF by Halloween

• 4Worf
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God help me I'm likely to be in this thread.

Do tax shit for govt, govt wants vaccine, not happening.

Sounds like I have until early December before getting fired.

Taking FMLA in a few weeks, going to take some time off, then try to completely change careers.

I hate tax, I hate accounting, really want a job with no computer.

Going to be a headache. Lol
Ditto. Wish i knew a good office career to get into without certs. Blown disc and all. Not sure how hard a semi decent paying remote it type job would be to get trained and started in. Was flirting with teamsters but the tone to get a cdl sucks and like 18/hr in a work and train into the cdl.

Weldings interested me but again the time to get certified.

Going to be cranky if I get stuck looking at no jab Sheriffs desperate for people after saying fuck leo.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ditto. Wish i knew a good office career to get into without certs. Blown disc and all. Not sure how hard a semi decent paying remote it type job would be to get trained and started in. Was flirting with teamsters but the tone to get a cdl sucks and like 18/hr in a work and train into the cdl.

Weldings interested me but again the time to get certified.

Going to be cranky if I get stuck looking at no jab Sheriffs desperate for people after saying fuck leo.

I'll have the same sentiment if I end up doing taxes for double what I make now...

I'll be constantly pissed, and soothe it with massive amounts of money.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
To be honest, I'm prolly gonna to spend a few months getting out farms in order.

We have two family farms, both have been neglected as my dad and grandma went nuts.

So that's going to be first.

Maybe I stumble into something from there.

If not, will be rolling into fucking tax season so help me God I don't want to do more taxes

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Okay what in the holy fuck. That company that ghosted me just sent me a $100 gift card rather than speak to me.

What fucking clown world shit is this?

Pennywise The Clown Hello GIF by Halloween

I've never heard of anything like this ever happening. Very strange.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You guys looking for jobs need to get your resumes to recruiters. They will at least help you get the interview. They also get a bonus based off your starting salary (from the company, not out of your pocket) so they don't get paid until you are hired. Just find a reputable agency in your area and call them up.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My resume at one point got out in the wild from an agency I guess. My original job title years ago but is still on my resume was steel detailer (draftsman) and I still get emails wanting me to apply for jobs as a car wash detailer lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My resume at one point got out in the wild from an agency I guess. My original job title years ago but is still on my resume was steel detailer (draftsman) and I still get emails wanting me to apply for jobs as a car wash detailer lol.

Recruiters are lazy fucks in my experience. They don't take the time to research roles at all before sending blasts to candidates that don't even match the role they're trying to recruit for. I receive software engineer lead outreaches all the time. I'm a Solutions Consultant / Sales Engineer. What the fuck do I know about running an engineering team? I sell software.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

nu_11

Recruiters are lazy fucks in my experience. They don't take the time to research roles at all before sending blasts to candidates that don't even match the role they're trying to recruit for. I receive software engineer lead outreaches all the time. I'm a Solutions Consultant / Sales Engineer. What the fuck do I know about running an engineering team? I sell software.
dd0.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

People who recruit for the tech industry should know these roles. Especially in the Bay Area. Every tech company has them. Clear difference between a Sales Engineer and Software Engineer. Very clear.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
People who recruit for the tech industry should know these roles. Especially in the Bay Area. Every tech company has them. Clear difference between a Sales Engineer and Software Engineer. Very clear.
I don’t remember any recruiter jokes in Silicon Valley, huge missed opportunity.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The few I've dealt with simply follow a list of "wants". Miss one "want" on your resume and they don't even look at it. Mentioned it before. When I was hired at my last job I saw their ad and responded. It literally looked like they copied my resume. Only so many people would have all those "wants". I applied. Didn't hear anything.

So I looked up the location and only 3-4 of those companies in the country, only 1 in that town/region. So I sent a snail mail letter addressed to HR. The HR lady was out of town and they gave it to the president of the company. He called after he got it and hired me on the spot. Also fired the HR lady and the company they had been using to advertise their jobs.

Staffing place told him I got excluded because I didn't list a software package that they are the only company left using. HR lady just "heard" it from someone as it would be nice to have.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I landed a job I don't really want for an ad company. The work sounds boring. Drumming up or truing up contact info for potential sales leads for whoever is purchasing this data from them.

Other than that the weed company got back to me. Now that sounds interesting.

Another one at a surf company... which sounds kind of cool.

• 1Barf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This just means that they stopped reading at engineer and the general software context of a resume. Sales engineers are nerds sure, but they are on the sales side and most likely won't be interested in engineering product features for whatever. It's a much more in and out role per potential sale. I wouldn't want to do it. Too much talking to people.

Modern recruiting is trash. The surf company recruiters are some kind of contract outfit but they seem to understand you have to hit all of the "wants" to really have a chance. So they're like dude just put this line saying you have experience with X so they shut up about it. Which is fine because it is ludicrous to expect someone to have experience with the laundry list of shit most job positions ask for.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
So someone I used to work with/for, "Bob", came to me last week asking if I was interested in a position his new employer. I've known him for 6 years now and we've kept in touch since he left my current employer. Good dude who has always had my back, we hit it off pretty quickly professionally and personally. Anyway...

95% remote, ~25-30% increase over my current salary, and the work is more in line with what I enjoy than my current primary duties. I initially had some hesitation as it's in an industry that isn't high on my list of interest, but because of the source of the offer I'm strongly considering it. Also, one of my current coworkers with whom I have a similar relationship as Bob, "Sam" is in similar talks for a different position at the Bob's new company. New company is apparently about 100 employees, seeing a ton of growth, and looking for the right people vs the perfect resume.

Kinda seems too good to be true, but after 8 years with my current employer and who this is all coming through, it's game on. Still need to tweak my resume and set up a phone/vid interview/chat with the COO.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users