Job Hunting

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im considering a remote job for a company based in California where my supervisor and team work in a California office. I would, however, be working from home out-of-state.

Woule I be subject to California's god awful 10% state income tax rate?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Im considering a remote job for a company based in California where my supervisor and team work in a California office. I would, however, be working from home out-of-state.

Woule I be subject to California's god awful 10% state income tax rate?
No

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You were unanimously called a piece of shit in the dating thread.
By retards who got half the story and spent most of the time accusing me of trolling or trolling themselves? Yeah, I was truly crushed. Retard.

Sending a butthole picture is the perfect reply.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been asked to take a caliper assessment by a prospective employer - anyone familiar with these?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't that the body fat test?

What is the Caliper Profile?

The Caliper Profile is an objective assessment that accurately measures an individual's personality characteristics and individual motivations in order to predict on-the-job behaviors and potential.

Looks like a 180 question assessment that gives both capability and personality profile. I don’t have any concerns about testing, was just curious about this particular one.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That’s what first came to mind. Don’t recall hearing about that specific personality test, but in general I hate taking them:
Would you rather suck off a homeless dude or curb stomp your new puppy? Please rate from 1 to 5 where 1 is I love dick and 5 is I hate puppies.
It's OK, fat people don't have personalities.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was asked to take a similar type test once. I sometimes do contracts for a year. Get them fixed up and get a bonus and move on. It went through an agency that was oriented around engineering. I got up and walked out. The guy I was seeing came running down the hall to the elevator saying "you can't just leave". Later the company called and offered me a job without the agency. I really should have told the guy running after me he needed some mental test. Pretty sure some of the comanies that hire them to screen candidates don't even know the bullshit they come up with.

I was in the general managers office when he called the agency and told them that was bullshit and he was hiring me at more money.

JsRua

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So accepted an offer for a new job. During the interview process they never mentioned requiring to be vaccinated for corona or anything related to it I assumed it was a non issue.

Get a new hire email and its saying either vaccination or exemption is required. Anyone dealt with employers requiring proof of an "exemption"?
Isn't this nonsense over yet?
God, how retarded some people can be.
But what job is it about?

Maybe you should focus on remote jobs?
If you have the necessary skills for such jobs, of course.

During the pandemic, many businesses sent their employees to work from home, and some employees left their jobs due to the inability to work remotely. So the chances are high that you will find a position that suit your skills. Here you can read more about all the available ways to find a job in the US.

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tired of my current career path and potentially looking to make a switch. Seeking advice from FoH bros on underrated/newer potential career paths.

Obviously, this is a super broad topic and it depends on a million things, so I'm more looking for anyone who has stumbled upon a niche job or industry that makes decent money and has a good qol. A unicorn job I guess lol.

Unfortunately I'm not young (40ish) but I'm in good shape and pass for younger. I've got a master of science but I suck at most stem stuff. My job now pays really well but I kind of loathe it. Sick of the corporate game and maybe wouldn't mind doing something skilled (but it would have to come with a low barrier because my only skills are behind a desk skills at the moment).

Anyway, mainly just want to see if anyone can surprise me with an underrated career path I hadn't thought of (or didn't know about). Thanks in advance!

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Tired of my current career path and potentially looking to make a switch. Seeking advice from FoH bros on underrated/newer potential career paths.

Obviously, this is a super broad topic and it depends on a million things, so I'm more looking for anyone who has stumbled upon a niche job or industry that makes decent money and has a good qol. A unicorn job I guess lol.

Unfortunately I'm not young (40ish) but I'm in good shape and pass for younger. I've got a master of science but I suck at most stem stuff. My job now pays really well but I kind of loathe it. Sick of the corporate game and maybe wouldn't mind doing something skilled (but it would have to come with a low barrier because my only skills are behind a desk skills at the moment).

Anyway, mainly just want to see if anyone can surprise me with an underrated career path I hadn't thought of (or didn't know about). Thanks in advance!
Doesn't exist. Buy a motorcycle like everyone else.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doesn't exist. Buy a motorcycle like everyone else.

Gotta make a change man. I keep catching myself drifting off into space while I'm supposed to be working. I'm having trouble even going through the motions these days. If I don't leave the job, the job is going to leave me- if you know what I mean.

I don't know, I figured with all the new advancements these days there had to be some cool jobs out there with high demand, decent pay, and good job satisfaction. Wind turbine repair person? Electric car mechanic? AI prompt engineer? /shrug

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Gotta make a change man. I keep catching myself drifting off into space while I'm supposed to be working. I'm having trouble even going through the motions these days. If I don't leave the job, the job is going to leave me- if you know what I mean.

I don't know, I figured with all the new advancements these days there had to be some cool jobs out there with high demand, decent pay, and good job satisfaction. Wind turbine repair person? Electric car mechanic? AI prompt engineer? /shrug

Scared The Shining GIF

Brad2770 Brad2770 help me out here, bud.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>

What do you do now and what are you interested in? How much of loathing your current job the company/position/industry/etc? Does your current employer offer any education reimbursement?

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do you do now and what are you interested in? How much of loathing your current job the company/position/industry/etc? Does your current employer offer any education reimbursement?

Career investigator with a legal background (but not an atty). Currently a workplace investigator for a major media firm. Pays really well but my job basically consists of making everyone's life miserable by hounding them about bullshit I'd probably be doing myself. The industry is interesting but absolutely in turmoil now (strikes).

And yes, I think current employer does offer tuition reimbursement, which is a good point. Hadn't considered that. Even still, I would definitely want to know what specific job I was targeting so I could take a narrow set of classes. I did 9 years of undergrad just taking every course that sounded interesting- it was fun, but I ended up with a useless degree and a lot of debt. Not doing that again. Totally debt free now though, which frees me up to take some risks. But I'm not exactly young lol

• 1Solidarity

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Career investigator with a legal background (but not an atty). Currently a workplace investigator for a major media firm. Pays really well but my job basically consists of making everyone's life miserable by hounding them about bullshit I'd probably be doing myself. The industry is interesting but absolutely in turmoil now (strikes).

And yes, I think current employer does offer tuition reimbursement, which is a good point. Hadn't considered that. Even still, I would definitely want to know what specific job I was targeting so I could take a narrow set of classes. I did 9 years of undergrad just taking every course that sounded interesting- it was fun, but I ended up with a useless degree and a lot of debt. Not doing that again. Totally debt free now though, which frees me up to take some risks. But I'm not exactly young lol
A good friend of mine is in production finance, so I hear plenty of stories; rough time indeed.

It seems you enjoy the subject matter, is it more an issue of your position/duties, as well as the environment of the company?

Maybe you have a professional mentor/network that you can leverage for leads/advice?