John Wick (2014)

Oldbased

> Than U
The other one was Step Up All In (Dancing is action too).
I won't lie, I liked the Step Up movies all right enough to watch. Haven't seen the latest though.
I saw Step Up 2 before I saw the first and third and it kind of got me hooked as I still think it was the better one of the bunch I saw.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The more I think about it, the more I think I felt more for John Wick after they killed his puppy than I've empathized with any fucking protagonist in the last 100 action movies I've seen.

Seriously. You have to warn people about the dead puppy shit because it's that powerful. Some people I know can't see it because their wives couldn't handle it. Maybe the screenwriter actually knows what he's doing and we're all the dummies.
It really is one of the most realistic reasons for extreme levels of homicidal rage I have seen in a movie and they really drive that nail right into your heart early so you are totally with Neo just rampaging and fucking gangsters up.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It really is one of the most realistic reasons for extreme levels of homicidal rage I have seen in a movie and they really drive that nail right into your heart early so you are totally with Neo just rampaging and fucking gangsters up.
Not to mention that it s really easy to hate on the villian in this flick. His father however was very likeable and even earned some sympathy for the situation he was put in.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
One of the major reasons I liked this movie is because in most action movies with a villain and a good guy, they spend the whole moving building up the bad guy. He's a badass and he kills without blinking and no one can stand up to him. Against all odds the good guy has to face off against him and SOMEHOW pulls off a victory though luck or a come from behind win.

This movie? Nope, they spend the whole movie building up the good guy and every bad guy with the exception of like 2 fears the good guy as if he were a mythological figure who is unstoppable and murders by the millions. I really dug that difference.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, all the tiny ways they make the "bad guy" someone despicable and intimidating by the time they get served annoys me. They could save a lot of time by having them just kill a puppy and begin eating it raw.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im taking my little brother to the movies tonight and he wanted to see this over Interstellar, looks like the young bro has good taste from what I'm reading.

Does Keanu put down ass beatings like in Man of Tai Chi? That was some of the most gangster fighting I had seen a long time.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I loved this movie for the reasons mentioned. The puppy was cute and killing her certainly garnered plenty of sympathy from me. They immediately make John out to be a bad ass and call him the Boogeyman which was an awesome scene. I also liked the villain, he was a likable character with a moron for a son. He even tries to defuse the situation early but it was to late. Very different from your typical action movies and everyone involved was pretty great.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If you guys want to see more "Ms Perkins", Palicki is currently on Agents of Shield and pretty much kicking ass there too.

Directors said the body count that John doles out is 84.

This "seems" to be the first time these directors are directing, they both have worked pretty much as stunt coordinators/stunt actors in a lot of the top movies in the last 10 years.

Movie is good, to me, it's Collateral without Jamie Fox, big bonus!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There were a few hand to hand scenes with Keanu, but they were pretty sparse. Typically his fighting was just to supplement his gun fire. IE - He was out of bullets.

It doesn't help that he was injured pretty early into the movie, so he was never fighting at 100%.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Easily the second best movie of the last couple years, from a raw entertainment standpoint. This is what the expendable movies should have been like. I liken this to a more serious version of the Gibson Payback remake from the 90s. The action was all pretty much top notch and believable and the setup was about as good for empathizing with the protagonist as you could ask for.

The only villain who was cartoonishly stupid was Perkins. Seriously, you are going to break the rules at assassin central to try and off the number one hitman and darling of the guy who runs the fucking place? AND you kill a guy there who was just detaining you instead of turning you into the management? She was fucking retarded and the only part that broke the immersion for me, but I guess no bodycount movie is complete without a set of mindless tits....

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I took that more as her desire to move up and kind of buying into her own hype a bit to much .

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Easily the second best movie of the last couple years, from a raw entertainment standpoint. This is what the expendable movies should have been like. I liken this to a more serious version of the Gibson Payback remake from the 90s. The action was all pretty much top notch and believable and the setup was about as good for empathizing with the protagonist as you could ask for.

The only villain who was cartoonishly stupid was Perkins. Seriously, you are going to break the rules at assassin central to try and off the number one hitman and darling of the guy who runs the fucking place? AND you kill a guy there who was just detaining you instead of turning you into the management? She was fucking retarded and the only part that broke the immersion for me, but I guess no bodycount movie is complete without a set of mindless tits....
I got the vibe that the rules only existed for those who couldn't cover their shit up. I.E. make the bodies disappear.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I saw this at an early show on a weekday and there was about 20 people in the theater. Hopefully this makes enough money and does well enough on dvd sales for them to make another.

Best line I heard after the puppy scene "He better cut off Theon Greyjoy's dick for that" from a crying woman in the theater.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Dudes this flick as others had mentioned was badass. I think I liked this better than the first taken. I really liked the gunplay in this movie. Wick was a very defensive shooter used to CQB. Just an all around fucking fast paced kill fest.

I love how every step of the way people were telling theon that holy fuck bro, you done goof'ed. Wick is going to backtrace your ip and bring the cyber police pain down on your ass.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to see it last night, goddamnit I would kill someone too if they hurt my dog. Was awesome, the gun violence reminded me a bit of John Woo.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How old is your brother? it is a pretty huge surprise that more people enjoyed John Wick more than a movie like Interstellar and others

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
16 he was loving it, my friends and I got him real saucy beforehand too. When the dad responded about his son getting hit with Oh and hung up I knew it was about to be on. When a good torrent drops going to rewatch it for sure.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As much as im hoping they make a sequel wich seems likely , i cant see it being better. The way the built him up as a badass and made it a running joke cant be topped. Everyones reaction after hearing his name was priceless

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't mind just having another movie in that "world/hotel". Maybe have a 20sec cameo from Keanu.

Or could do a prequel and show non-retired Keanu building up that rep.