John Wick: Chapter 4 (2022)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
out now, at least on the high seas, vod tomorrow
200.gif

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Can you guys imagine what an HR nightmare the alt-girl switchboards must be?

time for your daily DEI seminar!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome movie. Non stop action beginning to end. Loved the aerial view of John running through the hotel shooting everyone. Lots of homages to the Warriors (best movie ever made). Donnie Yen always fucking delivers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn this was pretty fucking entertaining. John cutting fatty and guard with poker cards was great and John saving homeboys dog was some good nods to the first film

I know it's stupid complaint but the falling down a million stairs at the end was just ridiculous

Pretty great endings between this and Guardians

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I know it's stupid complaint but the falling down a million stairs at the end was just ridiculous
When the movie came out I took my wife to go see it. She hadn't seen any of the John Wick movies before. After the second time when Wick falls down those massive stairs she yells out, "Don't worry guys I'm ok", which drew a pretty good laugh from the audience.

• 1Worf

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every installment gets more video-gamey.

- everyone has bullet proof clothes and you had to break their armor before kill
- John takes enough damage to kill an elephant then takes cover to regen to 100%
- Magic Tracker Man with killer attack dog special
- was dying when they are having gun and axe murders in the middle of the fat dude's club and the NPC's keep dancing
- the Paris secret assassin radio station and she somehow knew everything that happened real time 😂
- the Frogger car battle, they are crossing a highway and cars don't even stop or react to people shooting each other
- abandoned Paris subway with a priceless paintings and medieval armor
- literally entire movie is Orange and Teal
- Borderlands weapon throw reloads
- the Marquis has a scale model of Paris, really he hasn't upgraded to digital
- Hotline Miami 3rd person top-down incendiary shotgun scene was incredible 😮

Not complaining it's entertaining. 👍

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I liked Caine. Fat gangster ninja was cheesy. Uhhhh....I'll take it I guess.

And I loved the stairs.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Every installment gets more video-gamey.

- everyone has bullet proof clothes and you had to break their armor before kill
- John takes enough damage to kill an elephant then takes cover to regen to 100%
- Magic Tracker Man with killer attack dog special
- was dying when they are having gun and axe murders in the middle of the fat dude's club and the NPC's keep dancing
- the Paris secret assassin radio station and she somehow knew everything that happened real time 😂
- the Frogger car battle, they are crossing a highway and cars don't even stop or react to people shooting each other
- abandoned Paris subway with a priceless paintings and medieval armor
- literally entire movie is Orange and Teal
- Borderlands weapon throw reloads
- the Marquis has a scale model of Paris, really he hasn't upgraded to digital
- Hotline Miami 3rd person top-down incendiary shotgun scene was incredible 😮

Not complaining it's entertaining. 👍

It went the Fast and the Furious route of every movie being a challenge to up the ante of crazy

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Awesome series, even so I hope this is the last one. The first John Wick is the best by far and they declined in quality a bit with each one as it become more cheesy.

I agree with them become more and more fast and furious style, bigger, better, more, splosions, boom, bang, biff, pow. Which sadly takes away from what made the first one so amazing. You had your hero but he wasn't invincible had to reload etc.

We went from an underground world of assassins to everyone in the planet is an assassin over time. It ruined alot of the mystique but still enjoyable enough and better than so much bullshit that comes out these days.

Still if Hollywood wasn't turbotarded they could have a goldmine of a franchise if they would just explore the world. Could follow so many assassin, table, continental, the families stories and have a never ending number of movies, Netflix, series you name it. Can always tease and have flash backs nods to Baba Yaga but they are probably to stupid to let that happen.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
It ruined alot of the mystique
I disagree completely. I absolutely loved the world-building here. Notice how civilians just carry on with their day while the assassins are doing their thing? Like in 4 when they're driving crazy, or fighting in traffic, and folks are just sitting at the cafe having dinner with their date. Jimmy the cop shows up at Wick's home in 1 and 2 and is like, "Is this work related? Just checking." The camera work is very video game, but the "rules" of the world remind me of Bruce Lee's Game of Death (which video games basically copied the format of). You can tell who the little guys are by how quickly they're taken out, but the Lieutenants, Bosses, and Hero can fall off buildings, roll down stairs, and get hit by vehicles.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I disagree completely. I absolutely loved the world-building here. Notice how civilians just carry on with their day while the assassins are doing their thing? Like in 4 when they're driving crazy, or fighting in traffic, and folks are just sitting at the cafe having dinner with their date. Jimmy the cop shows up at Wick's home in 1 and 2 and is like, "Is this work related? Just checking." The camera work is very video game, but the "rules" of the world remind me of Bruce Lee's Game of Death (which video games basically copied the format of). You can tell who the little guys are by how quickly they're taken out, but the Lieutenants, Bosses, and Hero can fall off buildings, roll down stairs, and get hit by vehicles.
when the beat is fire, keep dancing!

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Most of the fight scenes were good, the movie just okay. That overhead was amazing and will be copied multiple times. I think like a lot of others said too over the top game on easy mode.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I ordered four steelbook's of this, just to make sure they were good condition. Typically the first one I look at is perfect. Literally all four of these arrived damaged. Dented or scratched. And you couldn't tell until you open them up because they had a plastic slip cover hiding the damage.

• 3Pathetic
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users