John Wick: Chapter 4 (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea John Wick 1 was better, without all the weird world building. The entire appeal is a man that operates with one foot in the system and one foot outside of it. It's less appealing when "outside" is just an entirely different, equally complex system.
I agree with this statement. The first movie was about a man that you suspected at one time was badass. You did not know the character. You only got subtle hints that revolved around how other people reacted to his presence. The hints were almost comic and made the story that much better. Add to that the ideas that brought him out of retirement(Killing his dog), and it made for an all around better movie for me.

The second and third Wick movies were just different. Now the man is back into a world that we know little about. All of the sudden you get to see why he was legendary but it kicks it into overdrive. I liked these action movies as they pretty much paralleled a video game. Not realistic in any manner but fun to just watch. I am guessing the fourth one is more along the path of the second and third, but perhaps a better story, now that the world is known.

I will of course watch it, but not in a movie theater.

spronk

FPS noob
image0.jpg

😭😭😭😭

John Wick Chapter 4 opens in 1 week, originally supposed to release TWO YEARS ago! Everyone better fucking go to pay respects to Lt Broyles

1679178408479.png

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 7 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wtf, I swear I just saw an interview with him just coming off super healthy super nice and humble.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Agreed the first was the best. I liked the 2nd quite a bit, too. Third was kind of disappointing although I think my main problem with it was how hard they forced Halle Berry into it along with some terrible cgi.

Kind of want to see this in the theatres but holy hell I just looked at prices for the one near me and its 25 bucks for IMAX or 16+ for normal and I dunno if I want to see it in theatres that much.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed the first was the best. I liked the 2nd quite a bit, too. Third was kind of disappointing although I think my main problem with it was how hard they forced Halle Berry into it along with some terrible cgi.

Kind of want to see this in the theatres but holy hell I just looked at prices for the one near me and its 25 bucks for IMAX or 16+ for normal and I dunno if I want to see it in theatres that much.
That would be a hard no for me. You can wait for it to come out on 4k DvD and just own the movie for close to the same cost. Remember when buying a movie was a lot more expensive than going to the theater?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm now ready for Thursday. Rewatched the 3 movies. Good stuff. There were so many little things I forgot about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That would be a hard no for me. You can wait for it to come out on 4k DvD and just own the movie for close to the same cost. Remember when buying a movie was a lot more expensive than going to the theater?

Some people aren't poor enough for $25 to be life changing money and are willing to pay that to see the movie 4 months earlier

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob

busy this weekend but will definitely try to see it next weekend, rewatching 1-3 this week

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like an even better reason to just wait until the 4k Ultra extended cut comes out. Looking forward to it in 2-3 months.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
First, to "Ballerina": Holy effing no. Women cannot lead in this genre, no friggin' way. Also de Armas is a horrible choice, she is soft and pretty and NOT A FUCKING INSANE ASSASSIN.

Being soft and pretty is what makes her a good assassin.

Hot chix can get into all kinds of places and get access to powerful people without firing a shot.

I'd watch the fuck out of Ballerina.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this tonight, and it was a very enjoyable experience. I chuckled a few times at the dark humor. Some very "oh fuck..." moments, like the hand. It also left a few things up to be concluded at a later date, if they want to go that direction. But aren't they also working on a Continental TV show that takes place before the first movie? That should be good.

This was a very satisfactory movie.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I saw this tonight, and it was a very enjoyable experience. I chuckled a few times at the dark humor. Some very "oh fuck..." moments, like the hand. It also left a few things up to be concluded at a later date, if they want to go that direction. But aren't they also working on a Continental TV show that takes place before the first movie? That should be good.

This was a very satisfactory movie.
I'm seeing it, but is it better than 2-3 ? And does it fly by as far run time?

Goatface

But aren't they also working on a Continental TV show that takes place before the first movie? That should be good.
yes, contienental is going to be a mini series taking place in the 70's. ballerina movie will take place between jw3 and 4, jw will appear in it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
seeing it tomorrow night at 7 with the wife. we just rewatched jw1-3 she didn't like 3 as much as 1 and 2, liked the 2 dogs though.

one dog tidbit, when they are revealed and are barking at JW, their ears are Forward. Foward Ears = dogs are having fun liking what they are doing, BACK ears = Dog about to attack.(my wife is a veterinarian, so she knows dog behavior)

so meeting JW, they Liked him.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yes, it was a very solid movie. It's long (just shy of 3b hours), but didn't feel long. Just an overall good story. I'd say it was better than both 2 and 3. Different, yet the same. And nunchaku!

• 1Like