Joker (2019)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, however the movie turns out, lets all be thankful that it apparently is NOT about a tranny who goes psychotic because they couldn't do story time at their local library anymore.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, however the movie turns out, lets all be thankful that it apparently is NOT about a tranny who goes psychotic because they couldn't do story time at their local library anymore.

Spoilers bro.

• 1Worf

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This kind of scene would catapult this to the top npnp. Massive terrorist attack, batman doesn't exist yet. Cause the havok.

Fedor

<Banned>

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This looks so anti-Hollywood and I agree with Soygen... if it's causing this much triggering on Twitter, it's gotta be good, rite? My only question is where does this fit into the scheme of things; a stand-alone, one and done kinda film, perhaps a trilogy in the making, or is this the start of his integration into the DCEU (barf)? I hope it's not the latter, please God.

There's something about Wah-keen Phoenix... a je ne sais quoi, if you will, that is so villainous. He'd be a great Beyonder for the MCU, is all I'm saying.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Seriously, they made a Joker origins movie, and it is all about a down on his luck dude that due to lack of medical care, he can't get his meds or therapy anymore, and snaps after getting pushed around for too long. For fucks sake can we demand a bit better, instead of gushing over any shit tier social commentary plot they come up with.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i dunno why all you guys are hyperventilating over this movie, i'm pretty sure its gonna be autistic pretentiousness dialed to a 10. still gonna see it but going in with super low expectations

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading more than a few of the reviews, and most are pushing the same idea that the movie is a commentary on the shitty nature of the country at the moment. It seems to fit their negative outlook about America, so they gush about it. I disagree with that outlook, so I'm hoping that the story / acting will be good as it is.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah he should have just fallen in a big vat of acid. Obviously.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Change of subject, kinda, but it has a little more to do with how the country is being run.

I drove this hyper liberal California bitch yesterday that was telling me about their homeless population vs. the homeless out here (Hawaii). She kept preaching to me about how the California method of "housing first" before people worry about getting clean actually works BETTER than making the homeless "jump through hoops" by getting clean first (drugs, not alcohol) before being given housing or shelter. This is because then the homeless can work on their own schedule to get off of their addictions knowing they'll always have shelter and a clean bathroom.

In the mean time, I've actually driven the director of many shelters out here, and he tells me there's a line of people waiting for entrance (that are already clean). They're just waiting for their number to be called because the other people currently housed in the shelters need to "graduate" into section 8 housing or the like. It's not an instant process.

Anyway, she annoyed the fuck out of me, and I couldn't wait for her to get out of the vehicle. She was this fat bitch that was complaining about the heat, where as California is much hotter, and pushing down her son/daughter (I couldn't tell)'s face that they should be enjoying the nature away from the city as I took them to this vegan indian house/restaurant thing. Whatever, she was a pain in the ass.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I will end up seeing this, but like many others go in with little expectations. Which is probably best.

I think this is a pretty shameless play on the WB/DC part for "How much can we make a shameless Jaoquin Phoenix Oscar vehicle movie yet it still be a "comic movie" and get away with it". They're trying to get the first Best Actor Oscar for a comic movie before Marvel can. With Marvel's best shot being RDJ for Endgame with them also giving him credit for 10 years of the same character building towards it.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users