Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think making one off movies like Joker and The Batman can prove to be effective for DC rather than focus on their cinematic universe.

Marvel can do the same but they're just gonna squueze the MCU really dry.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1708548667942.png

• 1Barf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1710961950491.png

Test screen reactions are out now. All positive so far.

1710962006666.png

Other DCU appearances expected.

1710962202365.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

The Joker and Harley Quinn are set to serenade audiences in “Joker: Folie à Deux,” but if, and how many of original songs will be included in the film, is a mystery.

Insiders privy to filming and early versions of Todd Phillips’ eagerly awaited sequel to “Joker” tell Variety the movie leans heavily towards being “mostly a jukebox musical,” as it integrates at least 15 reinterpretations of “very well-known” songs. One is said to be “That’s Entertainment” from the 1953 musical “The Band Wagon,” famously associated with Judy Garland. However, there is a door open for an original song (or two) to be added to the final version. Details regarding who would pen the tracks, or sing the numbers are unknown. We do know, according to sources, Hildur Guðnadóttir, the Oscar-winning composer of the first “Joker” film, is said to “infuse her distinctive, haunting [music] cues” into each number. Warner Bros declined to comment.

Jukebox musicals, known for featuring popular songs, often achieve box office success. Examples include “Mamma Mia!” and “Moulin Rouge!,” the latter receiving eight Oscar nominations. “Joker 2” is expected to break the mold of traditional musicals.

Specific details about the plot of “Folie à Deux” have not been officially confirmed, but the film is described as a drama with elements taking place in and around Arkham Asylum. Alongside Phoenix and Gaga, the cast includes Emmy nominee Zazie Beetz (“Atlanta”), as well as Oscar nominees Catherine Keener (“Being John Malkovich”) and Brendan Gleeson (“The Banshees of Inisherin”). Phillips collaborated on the screenplay with Scott Silver.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The Joker and Harley Quinn are set to serenade audiences in “Joker: Folie à Deux,” but if, and how many of original songs will be included in the film, is a mystery.

Insiders privy to filming and early versions of Todd Phillips’ eagerly awaited sequel to “Joker” tell Variety the movie leans heavily towards being “mostly a jukebox musical,” as it integrates at least 15 reinterpretations of “very well-known” songs. One is said to be “That’s Entertainment” from the 1953 musical “The Band Wagon,” famously associated with Judy Garland. However, there is a door open for an original song (or two) to be added to the final version. Details regarding who would pen the tracks, or sing the numbers are unknown. We do know, according to sources, Hildur Guðnadóttir, the Oscar-winning composer of the first “Joker” film, is said to “infuse her distinctive, haunting [music] cues” into each number. Warner Bros declined to comment.

Jukebox musicals, known for featuring popular songs, often achieve box office success. Examples include “Mamma Mia!” and “Moulin Rouge!,” the latter receiving eight Oscar nominations. “Joker 2” is expected to break the mold of traditional musicals.

Specific details about the plot of “Folie à Deux” have not been officially confirmed, but the film is described as a drama with elements taking place in and around Arkham Asylum. Alongside Phoenix and Gaga, the cast includes Emmy nominee Zazie Beetz (“Atlanta”), as well as Oscar nominees Catherine Keener (“Being John Malkovich”) and Brendan Gleeson (“The Banshees of Inisherin”). Phillips collaborated on the screenplay with Scott Silver.
This movie sounds fucking terrible.

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It does-- but the test screen feedback swear that it works somehow.

That's enough to pique some curiosity, whether Todd Phillips really pulled off a live action musical in 2024 or not.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Had to watch West Side Story in grade 8 and I got in trouble for laughing at the dancing knife fight scene. I am not a fan of musicals, in fact one might say I even hate them.

If you want to see a really bad musical watch the riffed version of The Apple, it’s surreal how much effort went into making this obvious turd of a movie;

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Musicals are great!

South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Shock Treatment
Little Shop of Horrors

and I like Cats fuck you.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't see Lady Gaga pulling off a Willy Wonka over the top "serious" movie or South Park all jokes movie.

I can think of four musicals I like: Paint Your Wagon, South Park, Willy Wonka, and Jesus Christ Superstar. Half of those are because I watched them as a kid and none of them have shitty modern music in them.

The most modern musical that I didn't hate was Book of Mormon but have only seen it once and never loaded up the music just to listen too it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Bugsy Malone.

I still listen to the soundtrack today and I need to get round to buying the vinyl

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh man if this is a completely different movie and appeals to women instead of loser shut-ins that would be a bold, hilarious move.

Imagine a fucking DC Mama Mia. The Redditors would NOT like it! It'll be glorious.

• 1Edgelord

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Musicals are great!

South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Shock Treatment
Little Shop of Horrors

and I like Cats fuck you.
West Side Story
Phantom of the Opera
Les Miserables
The Music Man

Musicals with decent songs and production have a place.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Normally I would applaud a bold move like this on a movie, at least try to break the current Hollywood cycle.
But Jesus, you made a great movie first round, got an Oscar for Joaquin and made a really interesting universe where a new joker isn’t so much a super villian but a crazy Incel who sparks a class war and it’s so different than anything DC has ever done.

now you have to go and try to reinvent the wheel I stead of giving a proper follow up

Phillips the fag shot for the moon and is gonna burn up in the atmosphere

• 1Like