Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You are wrong on this one. A musical uses songs as part of the exposition and dialogue. Johnny Cash singing Johnny Cash songs does not make that movie a musical.
you're still sitting through a significant amount of musical set pieces. equal to musical set pieces found in a musical. there is no difference IMO.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
you're still sitting through a significant amount of musical set pieces. equal to musical set pieces found in a musical. there is no difference IMO.
Your opinion is wrong.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Your opinion is wrong.

the reason why people dont like musicals is because it has a bunch of singing in them. my point is that if you hate musicals then you hate any movie with lots of singing in them. which includes "biopics" about musicians. biopics about musicians=musicals. it can be nothing else.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i only saw the first episode. i dont recall any singing, it supposed to be a TV MINISERIES about how the movie The Godfather came to be.

Correct, so is it a biopic or a mafia movie?

It really is amazing that you cry like a bitch because your celeb knowledge is inferior, yet you have no problem moronicising this thread with your shit takes.

You can now reply to this with some kind of comment about how up your ass I am. Yes - I even brought my umbrella so your necrotic tailbone doesn't leak your Mexican girlfriends boyfriends jizz all over my luscious, full head of hair. A head of hair that you're obviously seethingly jealous over because you're forced to hide your decrepit scalp under your collection of Temu fedora's LMAO

• 1WTF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Correct, so is it a biopic or a mafia movie?

It really is amazing that you cry like a bitch because your celeb knowledge is inferior, yet you have no problem moronicising this thread with your shit takes.

You can now reply to this with some kind of comment about how up your ass I am. Yes - I even brought my umbrella so your necrotic tailbone doesn't leak your Mexican girlfriends boyfriends jizz all over my luscious, full head of hair. A head of hair that you're obviously seethingly jealous over because you're forced to hide your decrepit scalp under your collection of Temu fedora's LMAO
its a TV show and i only saw episode one. find a better MOVIE analogy that i might have seen.

• 1Direct to DVD

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just accept the L on this one Astr0.
There isn't an L to accept. One movie with a bunch of musical set pieces is no different than another movie with a bunch of musical set pieces. Either way, your ass is sitting through a bunch of songs.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There isn't an L to accept. One movie with a bunch of musical set pieces is no different than another movie with a bunch of musical set pieces. Either way, your ass is sitting through a bunch of songs.
Well Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii was the best musical I have ever seen then. Also, Woodstock should be on a bunch of top 10 lists as one of the best musicals of all time, if you look it up.

I mean, who cant instantly recognize this as a musical to rival Phantom of the Opera (I would certainly rather watch it over Phantom)?

Fuck it, I'm scratching the word concert out of my vocabulary, they are just live musicals now!

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii was the best musical I have ever seen then. Also, Woodstock should be on a bunch of top 10 lists as one of the best musicals of all time, if you look it up.

I mean, who cant instantly recognize this as a musical to rival Phantom of the Opera (I would certainly rather watch it over Phantom)?

Fuck it, I'm scratching the word concert out of my vocabulary, they are just live musicals now!
concert is fine cuz its not a scripted movie. same goes for documentaries. no reason to get your panties all twisted over it. call it what you want. enjoy your songs.

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's definetly a distinction between a movie about music with musical performances in it, and a movie which isn't about music and dialogue is sung.

One requires suspension of disbelief and one doesn't.

Some nusicals are great, loved Prince of Egypt and Les Miserables. When they are bad they are very bad though, because of the loss of the suspension of disbelief.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's definetly a distinction between a movie about music with musical performances in it, and a movie which isn't about music and dialogue is sung.

One requires suspension of disbelief and one doesn't.

Some nusicals are great, loved Prince of Egypt and Les Miserables. When they are bad they are very bad though, because of the loss of the suspension of disbelief.
thats subjective in some examples. some movies the songs are picked specifically to continue a certain story arch. they also do that in movies that have no characters singing at all.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Next thing Astro is gonna say is that rock and roll high school isn't a musical biopic of the ramones.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is 8 Mile a biopic or a musical?

It's a fictional movie at least partially about music that has musical performances in the same way they exist in real life.

The other kind some people don't like is when people spontaneously break out into song which doesn't happen in real life and therefore requires a significantly higher suspension of disbelief.