JRPGs

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Arise looks great. I really liked Berseria and even Zestiria was pretty fun. Xillia 2 and Graces were even ok.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Need a new RPG pals, does not have to be a strong J.

Lets toss out some ideas to get this thread going again.

Should i try to get back into XenoB2? or maybe try Y's 8?
Should i finish up my W3 DLC?

What are you planing now or what can you recommend.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm replaying Final Fantasy V for the annual Four Job Fiesta charity event.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Need a new RPG pals, does not have to be a strong J.

Lets toss out some ideas to get this thread going again.

Should i try to get back into XenoB2? or maybe try Y's 8?
Should i finish up my W3 DLC?

What are you planing now or what can you recommend.

Ys 8 is the way I'd go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I had tried Yakuzo 0 before, and ended up always playing something else. Now I restarted, I am in chapter 5 I believe, and holy hannah the story is gripping. I also just learned the break dance combat style and holy hannah is that hilarious! I also didn't know you could do all these side things. Batting cages, bowling, karoke, disco, arcade, table games. It's a wonder how I don't continually get side tracked. And you can play poker in a different mode and it saves your cash winnings.

So I am going to run through this now as my main game for a bit, beat it, and I have the next one queued since it was free on PS Plus a while back, just haven't downloaded it yet (But added it to my library)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Secret of Mana 3 roll up in progress

Screenshot_20190711-151908.png

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Octopath on PC is 31% off and I got that too.

Great for old man gaming after getting put thru the wringer at work.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure anyone posted this here, but did yall know The Last Remnant was remastered for the PS4 in early 2019? It's largely the same as the PC version, but if you played it on the 360 and trashed it because it was a piece of shit and ran like dog shit, you can get it on the PS4 store now and it obviously runs very smooth.

I never knew they remastered that. It's more of a niche JRPG, in terms of the unusual combat and shit but I know several of us here love the shit out of that game myself included.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really wanted to like Last Remnant, but the character/combat system just never clicked for me. Not sure if it was me or a lack of explanation in game for how shit actually works, but I constantly felt like I had no fucking idea what I was supposed to be doing.

I considered getting it again on Switch to see if maybe I could push through it because I'm more tolerant of stuff that annoys me when I'm playing in portable mode, but I already bought it on Steam long before S-E removed the PC version from sale and even at $20 it's a hard sell.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really liked TLR but near the end the battles were so big and everything was so slowed down I started falling asleep during battles. I remember the Xbox basically choking and freeze frame
Battles too. It’s a shame because I had put so much time into it and likes it, I was mad at the game. I recently played a couple hours on the PC and while fun, I don’t have the time I used to and will never finish it.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I really wanted to like Last Remnant, but the character/combat system just never clicked for me. Not sure if it was me or a lack of explanation in game for how shit actually works, but I constantly felt like I had no fucking idea what I was supposed to be doing.

I considered getting it again on Switch to see if maybe I could push through it because I'm more tolerant of stuff that annoys me when I'm playing in portable mode, but I already bought it on Steam long before S-E removed the PC version from sale and even at $20 it's a hard sell.
It just takes too long to get into things. Nice graphics for the time. Nothing ever hooked me. Played like 20 hours, set it down and never played again. Barely remember anything about it.

Without a segue, if Last Story is ever re-released on Switch, I'll play that again. Put 40+ hours into that and lost access to the Wii I was playing it on. Emulator version is just painful to play or I'd have done that.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I put like 160 hours in The Last Remnant, loved that game. Once you get the hang of the class/evolution/combat system it's great. Though it is very difficult to wrap your head around at first.

• 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is into the Trails games we've got Cold Steel III coming out in October, and the fan translation of Trails of Zero has just been completed and is just going over its final editing pass (which means it's probably going to be out within a month).

It's a good time to be into Trails right now!

81LP2Q588CL._SL1500_.jpg

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I put like 160 hours in The Last Remnant, loved that game. Once you get the hang of the class/evolution/combat system it's great. Though it is very difficult to wrap your head around at first.

Same. With the exception that I found the digging for crafting mats way too grindy, and the kid who voiced the main character was annoying as fuck. I played on PC so the battle loading times were instant and the turbo mode made the combat much more bearable. Always wished they had made some sequels, but instead we got the FF 13 clusterfucks.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
If anyone is into the Trails games we've got Cold Steel III coming out in October, and the fan translation of Trails of Zero has just been completed and is just going over its final editing pass (which means it's probably going to be out within a month).

It's a good time to be into Trails right now!

View attachment 224028

Yeah I started a complete replay of all the previous games back in June. Played through Trails of Zero and Ao(the Crossbell games) for the first time and they are both really great, Ao especially. Starting up my second run of CS1 now, plan to do a quick run through of that and CS2 so I can get ready for CS3.