JRPGs

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I started a complete replay of all the previous games back in June. Played through Trails of Zero and Ao(the Crossbell games) for the first time and they are both really great, Ao especially. Starting up my second run of CS1 now, plan to do a quick run through of that and CS2 so I can get ready for CS3.

I saw that there was already a translation out for Ao, but I decided to wait until the geofront Zero had released before I jumped in.

Just out of curiosity how did you play Zero and Ao? Did you pirate them or get a digital copy from elsewhere?

I really like CS2, I think that game hit all the right notes for me personally, I can't wait for CS3.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I saw that there was already a translation out for Ao, but I decided to wait until the geofront Zero had released before I jumped in.

Just out of curiosity how did you play Zero and Ao? Did you pirate them or get a digital copy from elsewhere?

I really like CS2, I think that game hit all the right notes for me personally, I can't wait for CS3.

I downloaded the PC version of each off nyaa.si, the translation patch was already applied. The translation for AO was fine, the Zero one was definitely iffy.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I am playing through FF10 remake on PS4. The characters are so DAMN cringe worthy with how they talk to each other. Luna says something to Tidus on the first boat trip, I forgot what because every piece of dialogue so far is shallow as shit, and they start laughing for... a minute and a half!? About what?

Does this story get better? Good God it's bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Once you get Lulu, Rikku (voiced by Tara Strong), and Auron dialog is quite a bit better. Lulu basically thinks they're all beneath her, and stupid children. Voice acting of Rikku is just amazing due to Tara Strong. Yuna and Tidus make me want to blow my brains out.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yuna basically has down syndrome and tidus has weird daddy issues. Story is good in the end though

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So I am playing through FF10 remake on PS4. The characters are so DAMN cringe worthy with how they talk to each other. Luna says something to Tidus on the first boat trip, I forgot what because every piece of dialogue so far is shallow as shit, and they start laughing for... a minute and a half!? About what?

Fun fact: my handle used to be Sinn but I didn't want to be confused for a FF fanboi, so I changed it to Synj.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just got to my first blitzb all game. All fired up to play and Yuna goes bye bye. Al-Bhed are the 2017 Astros. Bastards.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider

Nah, it's shit all the way through. Solid combat, bad progression tree. Story is riddled with plot holes and the characters are gay, as is typical of most every JRPG post FF7(except for FF9, which is a gem).

• 2Potato
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Does Ni no Kuni II fit the JRPG genre? Anyway, enjoying the hell out of it on ps4, just chilling in the couch smashing buttons on lowest setting with the 7yo. She thinks it's supersweet, so we're good.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Demo is up today btw on PS4 and I assume switch and should come in a couple of hours on Steam too(I think when Steam does their daily update at 10AM PST). I'm definitely fairly excited about this, looks great.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FYI people are min/maxing the Trials of Mana demo since the save games will carry over to release. If you start as Angela her first area has Sahagin which are the only enemies that can drop Silver Item Seeds and people are farming up 99 of them. You can also use regular item seeds to level up the magic pot to 5 (rabites randomly drop seeds). The +1 stat serums cap at 10 for each stat.