Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I hope that's glued together after the other lego disasters that kids have caused.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Just got back, 6/10. Average sums up everything about this movie.

They must have injected Jared from Subway DNA into the new dino because that thing was hunting the young girl like she was the last unmolested child on the planet. JW1 must have made most of its money from kids because this movie feels like it was HEAVILY aimed at the 8-12 year old market. I think blue (the velociraptor) had more screen time than Chris Pratt.

Its disappointing because Jurassic Park is pretty much the only dino movie that Hollywood will make, but they tell the most uninteresting stories every time. 8 year old me can't understand how you can tell such boring dinosaur stories.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I have to go and see this an hour. I used to avoid threads for spoilers. Now I need to avoid them so I don’t dread going.

Just watched four American Inventors get kicked out of this movie for not having tickets.

What ever happens after this is a win for me.

50/50 there’s someone already in my seats. They’ll act surprised. Pull out their phone and slowly walk away. Happened at Incredibles 2, Force Awakens, Thor Ragnarok.

Ladro

Anomaly
Extremely average and slow to start. 5/10. Lots of eye roll moments for me and I was bored most of the time. Couple good scenes but the story is absolute shit. I don’t see this doing well or getting another one made after this.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have to go and see this an hour. I used to avoid threads for spoilers. Now I need to avoid them so I don’t dread going.

50/50 there’s someone already in my seats. They’ll act surprised. Pull out their phone and slowly walk away. Happened at Incredibles 2, Force Awakens, Thor Ragnarok.

Yeah that's what happened. Family came in saw the inventors in their chairs talked to them showed them their phones and they didn't move. Mom grabs an usher who asks them for tickets and they leave.

When the movie's over my friend goes to the bathroom while i'm waiting for her a bunch of them start blaring shitty American Inventor music on their boost phones and start twerking in the movie lobby while waiting for their parents to pick them up.

It's the reason why I always try and go to the Theatre that's 20 minutes further but is not on any bus lines and not near any low income housing. Only problem there is it's small but only old people go to it and old people rock for movies.

About the movie, The first act was really a slog and i thought it was going to be the entire movie, the second two picked up the pace and made it passable by the end. I'd give it a 6/10

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I cheered and yelled Get em when the dinosaur went after the whiny scientist up the ladder at the start.

Buffalo Bill opening the cage caused a lot of folks to lol.

Seemed really disjointed like they cut a lot for time. Pratt gets tranquilizer and just a few minutes later finds himself surrounded by lava. Same with the race to the ship. No one turned around and noticed the truck jumping into their boat, but they were surrounded by enemies a second later as the car stopped. Just odd stuff.

Was pretty awful but the kids really enjoyed it for some reason. And what the fuck was the little girl plot. So unnecessary. And using Dobby as a Trump lookalike was lame. Bad blonde toupee and teeth.

Edit: Creed 2 trailer was awesome.

Edit2: Rex Reed panned it but this is actually funny.

For the Love of God, Will Someone Put ‘Jurassic World’ Out of Its Misery?

“Get me 50 cc’s from my lobotomy kit,” says BD Wong, also returning as Dr. Wu, the genetic engineer who plans to clone the creatures into a new era of endless sequels in every language. So much for the plot.

Uh...it’s phlebotomy, Rex.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't hate it, is about all I can say. It was kind of boring and I think the whole greedy employee who looks to sell dino technology to the highest bidder plot wore out it's welcome in the 1st movie, and yet, here we are 5 movies later. But that didn't matter actually as the action drove it enough to make the plot not really matter. In this one they make the mistake of trying to focus on the plot more, and it suffered for it.

Cybsled

Based on interviews, it sounds like they want the 3rd movie to explore "open source" technology. Basically, the tech to make the dinos has been released into the world, so now various countries will use it to their own ends.

Please be dinorider army battles!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't hate it, is about all I can say. It was kind of boring and I think the whole greedy employee who looks to sell dino technology to the highest bidder plot wore out it's welcome in the 1st movie, and yet, here we are 5 movies later.
Because you people keep paying to see them.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
hate the movie all you want, but godddddaaaaamn bryce dallas howard (ron howard's daughter no less) has some fine ass titties

n8Dg9BT.jpg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Saw this with my kids. This movie was all kinds of terrible. I’d rather the next one be 90 minutes of CGI Dino’s wrecking things and eating people.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I think they did something similar for the latest Transformers. Ain't satire great.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Based on interviews, it sounds like they want the 3rd movie to explore "open source" technology. Basically, the tech to make the dinos has been released into the world, so now various countries will use it to their own ends.

Please be dinorider army battles!
Needs a crossover for the the final movie with the final Pacific Rim movie.
"To fight monsters we made monsters of our own"
Double release os PR3 and JW3 back to back. 4 hours of running, screaming, SJW and DInobots.
Make it so Hollywood. At this point what difference does it make.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Needs a crossover for the the final movie with the final Pacific Rim movie.
"To fight monsters we made monsters of our own"
Double release os PR3 and JW3 back to back. 4 hours of running, screaming, SJW and DInobots.
Make it so Hollywood. At this point what difference does it make.

How about a Grimlock origin story that doesn’t suck? Then we get Grimlock wrecking shit and setting things on fire. Plus he can transform and hit things with his big mace.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think they did something similar for the latest Transformers. Ain't satire great.

I think they do these when a mess of people are harassing them to review something that's probably shitty that they don't see any point in reviewing. No, we aren't the guys that just take dumps on whatever the most recent Big Tent movie is.