Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There's a reason robots and drones are taking over front line combat. And consequentially, loss of life has decreased significantly. You can't replace a human with a bred creature, but you can out a human behind a robot. Guarantee it's a lot cheaper than breeding a fucking dinosaur.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
War would be infinitely more fun if we had dinosaurs.

Mankind would wage war for fun just to unleash their Trex army's and watch them fight.

Dinosaurs would achieve worldpeace

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Needs to be reposted. I don't expect anyone to sit through an entire 50+ minute movie review, but you should at least skim a few parts of it. He tears basically every single part of the movie to shreds, absolutely vicious and probably a more entertaining watch than the movie itself.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

There's a reason robots and drones are taking over front line combat. And consequentially, loss of life has decreased significantly. You can't replace a human with a bred creature, but you can out a human behind a robot. Guarantee it's a lot cheaper than breeding a fucking dinosaur.

In the movie they seem to have more advanced bio engineering tech than robot tech. If you could train the movie raptors, that would be a pretty terrifying thing in any urban/ground engagement and you basically have an autonomous system that can adapt realtime. Although I have to imagine you wouldn't be using them if you care about civilian casualties.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still no idea why dinosaurs are the big ticket when they can clone humans.

That is also one of the cats that is getting out of the bag with this technology. Clearly it was already done so it can be done so every rich person on the world is going to want to clone the fuck out of themselves and their loved ones so they can have their version of immortality.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the movie they seem to have more advanced bio engineering tech than robot tech. If you could train the movie raptors, that would be a pretty terrifying thing in any urban/ground engagement and you basically have an autonomous system that can adapt realtime. Although I have to imagine you wouldn't be using them if you care about civilian casualties.

They would basically use them as terror weapons. Got an insurgent camp thats a real pain in the ass air drop 30 raptors on the area and make sure they have not been fed in a week. Sure the dinos probably all wind up getting killed but they likely kill the majority of the people in the area and totally disorder them so an actual mop up force of real military could walk in and finish them off. For terrorists if you could smuggle a Trex into a port city and unleash it they will cause a lot of terror and damage and casualties in a very dramatic fashion before it gets taken down. Not effective for actual military objectives directly but could be a strong psychological weapon.

Still cloning/improving/hybridizing humans would likely where the major money is. If you can do that shit to dinosaurs there is really no reason you could not do it to humans. Throw in some gigantopiticus DNA and you could have 10 foot tall sasquatch type soldiers stronger than gorillas with human like intelligence and fully opposable hands.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still no idea why dinosaurs are the big ticket when they can clone humans.
This has been a major problem with the series since the first one. Its "jurassic park" so you have to keep coming up with dumb excuses to keep going back to dinosaurs. Kindof like how Terminator movies, keep having to make dumb excuses for time travel, skynet, terminators, etc to be the same over and over.

The first movie has Ingen creating the genetic engineering. And a rival Corp, BioSyn pays Nedry to steal the embryos. They do not give a shit about the dinosaurs, they want the genetic engineering technology, to reverse engineer it, and use it in other fields. It was literally part of the plot of the first movie, that had to be dropped. to keep going back to engineering dinosaurs for some reason.

Any logical movie follow through, would of course need to address THAT. this bioengineering would be used on everything. humans, cats, dogs, cows, etc. There would be Wooly mammoths, sabretooth tigers, bring back Rhinos, bring back dodos, etc. human organ farming. The Island movie, would exist in this new Jurassic park world. It makes perfect sense for a sequel really..

The NEXT movie then would logically involve trans-humanism, with humanx?? genetic hybrids. As they move past just cloning, and slight genetic engineering, and start going really hardcore into splicing different species. Giving humans the ability to breath underwater, etc, etc.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
This has been a major problem with the series since the first one. Its "jurassic park" so you have to keep coming up with dumb excuses to keep going back to dinosaurs. Kindof like how Terminator movies, keep having to make dumb excuses for time travel, skynet, terminators, etc to be the same over and over.

The first movie has Ingen creating the genetic engineering. And a rival Corp, BioSyn pays Nedry to steal the embryos. They do not give a shit about the dinosaurs, they want the genetic engineering technology, to reverse engineer it, and use it in other fields. It was literally part of the plot of the first movie, that had to be dropped. to keep going back to engineering dinosaurs for some reason.

Any logical movie follow through, would of course need to address THAT. this bioengineering would be used on everything. humans, cats, dogs, cows, etc. There would be Wooly mammoths, sabretooth tigers, bring back Rhinos, bring back dodos, etc. human organ farming. The Island movie, would exist in this new Jurassic park world. It makes perfect sense for a sequel really..

The NEXT movie then would logically involve trans-humanism, with humanx?? genetic hybrids. As they move past just cloning, and slight genetic engineering, and start going really hardcore into splicing different species. Giving humans the ability to breath underwater, etc, etc.

Poor Michael Crichton lol

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This movie satisfied my dinosaur fix. It wasn't amazing, or even really well put together. With a bit of dumbfoundedness. And the overuse of its own tropes, while I appreciated being a huge fan, also felt like it was trying too hard to be itself, if that makes any sense. Ground stomping, looking through the window, indoraptor opening the door, walking through the shadows to have a raptor appear, trex last second save, "Run!"... I half expected the kid to say, "Its a Unix system, I know this." The gates opening as the system reset. Also hoped for him to say "hold onto your butts". It even played tropes from the first Jurassic World. I'm just glad there weren't any gymnastic moves, but then that scene with Blue and the indoraptor maybe fit that. The guy trying to escape with the indominus tooth getting ripped in two was twofold, both the Nedry scene and the lawyer. "When ya gotta go, ya gotta go." Again, I appreciated all of these callbacks, though it was only just enough.

Not great. Not bad. Enjoyable. Forgettable.

*Edit: the storyboard for the original movie was planned to have the trex attacking the helicopter as it took off, which is exactly how this movie started. That's some meta shit.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also, the original proposition for the second Jurassic Park involved human/dinosaur hybrids. Imagine that shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I haven't read the first book in ages but I don't remember Nedry's BioSyn contact saying about using the technology in other fields. If their primary interest was the genetic engineering itself and not specifically dinosaur cloning then electronic copies of InGen's research and lab work would be a lot more useful than embryos, and presumably stealing that information wouldn't require an incredibly complex heist like stealing the embryos did.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I haven't read the first book in ages but I don't remember Nedry's BioSyn contact saying about using the technology in other fields. If their primary interest was the genetic engineering itself and not specifically dinosaur cloning then electronic copies of InGen's research and lab work would be a lot more useful than embryos, and presumably stealing that information wouldn't require an incredibly complex heist like stealing the embryos did.
The value of embryos is significant, biologically speaking. You could try a hundred times and not produce something viable. Apparently everything in those tubes was, so it was a bigger shortcut than just stealing their data.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The value of embryos is significant, biologically speaking. You could try a hundred times and not produce something viable. Apparently everything in those tubes was, so it was a bigger shortcut than just stealing their data.

Is that supposition, or does the BioSyn guy actually say that?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is that supposition, or does the BioSyn guy actually say that?
Well they pay Nedry 750k up front and 50k more for each "viable embryo" or 1.5m total if he gets them all 15 species. And then reminds him they have to be viable since they're of no use if they don't survive.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not just supposition. They'd need the DNA from the mosquitos in ember to even be able to start to use the data. Embryo skips harvesting usable DNA, splicing it with froggy spunk, and injecting it into an ostrich egg.