Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A single additional blow when you are having the back of your head slammed into the ground can cause permanent injuries.

Bows

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy shit this "medical" examiner only examined photos of Zimmerman, only read the report of Trademark's autopsy and shes trying to claim that all of Zimmerman's injuries most likely occurred from a single blow? Wow. One of the Juror's is a nurse, I hope that lady eviscerates this witness when it comes to deliberations!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
From a medical point of view, once you're over about 26, any time you sustain a serious blow to the head, you should be concerned for your life.

Sometimes crazy shit just happens, blod clot forms, stroke happens, now you're an invalid or dead.

For instance

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...it.richardson/

Natasha Richardson, a film star, Tony-winning stage actress and member of the famed Redgrave acting family, died Wednesday after suffering injuries in a ski accident, according to a family statement. She was 45.

Richardson, wife of actor Liam Neeson, was injured Monday in a fall on a ski slope at a Quebec resort about 80 miles northwest of Montreal.

Richardson's family released a statement saying, "Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

According to a statement from Mont Tremblant Ski Resort, Richardson fell during a lesson on a beginners' trail.
And

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2431327.html

omedic actor Larry Miller has recovered after suffering from a life-threatening brain injury as a result of falling on a sidewalk and hitting the back of his head last April.

The 58-year-old Miller, best known for his roles in Christopher Guest's mockumentaries and on popular TV shows like "Seinfeld" and "Boston Legal," entered a coma and was placed on life support at UCLA Medical Center for one month following the accident. Once he regained consciousness, Miller had to work to regain basic cognitive functions, according to People.

"He was hovering between life and death," the actor's spokesman, Michael Hansen, told People. "It's a miracle he woke up. ... He's lucky to be alive."

Miller, who had to work on brain connectivity issues, is expected to make a full recovery. He plans to resume his podcast series "This Week With Larry Miller" on Jan. 9.

"I'm very thankful to have recovered from a traumatic brain injury so quickly," Miller told People.
A blow to the head is no fucking joke. Period. Especially against concrete.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
If his head only hit the ground once, then obviously he was the aggressor, and must be found guilty.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't get what the prosecution is trying to do here with her.
They are trying to confuse the jury. They are ignoring the fact that a life threatening situation is different then life threatening injuries. According to testimony it only turned into a shooting because treyvon reached for his gun. They are trying to make the jury forget about that and start pointing that the injuries themselves were minor and not life threatening.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Awe man. He has one of the best ATHF eps ever
Larry has his show on podcast and he's back on it and was on Adam's podcast recently as well and seems to be doing well now, but for a year there he definitely went through some serious shit.

Bows

I really wish that the prosecution trying to open the door to Zimmerman's past, which included studying the law and wanting to be a police officer/riding along, would allow the defense to introduce Trayvon's past which includes getting suspended from school, being caught with drugs and "found jewelry" having fight videos on his youtube channel and just being a thug in general.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
The medical examiner the State has called as an expert witness has a long history...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/more-co...z/-/index.html

Lol.
I haven't been following the case and have no idea about this person's competence. But I'd suggest that many of these things are entirely irrelevant: whether she worked with medical residents, for example. Similarly, it didn't say whether prison deaths weren't actually homicides. I'm sure the prison would rather have them determined as deaths by natural causes (slipped in the shower, maybe).

TheProfessor

Any lawyers here? Is it legal to basically introduce Zimmerman's tapes as evidence and then introduce new evidence to counter what was said on the original evidence?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I haven't been following the case and have no idea about this person's competence. But I'd suggest that many of these things are entirely irrelevant: whether she worked with medical residents, for example. Similarly, it didn't say whether prison deaths weren't actually homicides. I'm sure the prison would rather have them determined as deaths by natural causes (slipped in the shower, maybe).
Well, handling dead bodies with bare hands is a huge no no, but anyway, her actions were apparently erronneous enough to get her fired and run out of not one, but multiple major departments around the country.

And doing unnecessary autopsies is unethical.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I just don't understand the prosecution's line of reasoning? You really have to start viewing Zimmerman almost as a supervillain to get to where they're going. The prosecution is saying Zimmerman had to be "bluffing" the cops when he said he hoped there was a video of the shooting. We'd be almost at murder 1 though to make that leap. Zimmerman would have had to decide to kill Martin in advance knowing there would be no video for this to be the case? Unless we're saying he thought of that on the fly after the shooting while being interrogated and remaining consistent? Am I missing something? Thats a genuine question.

TheProfessor

I think you bring up legitimate concerns. I also think with what they are arguing is that since supposedly his instructor talked about SYG, that somehow that means that Zimmerman knew what to say and how to make himself the victim in the situation. That he was also able to describe the situation that makes him appear in the best light possible.

iannis

Musty Nester
I just don't understand the prosecution's line of reasoning? You really have to start viewing Zimmerman almost as a supervillain to get to where they're going. The prosecution is saying Zimmerman had to be "bluffing" the cops when he said he hoped there was a video of the shooting. We'd be almost at murder 1 though to make that leap. Zimmerman would have had to decide to kill Martin in advance knowing there would be no video for this to be the case? Unless we're saying he thought of that on the fly after the shooting while being interrogated and remaining consistent? Am I missing something? Thats a genuine question.
No, it's a perfectly normal consequence of how weak the initial assertion is. Luckily they only need 1 juror to think, "Christ. I'm actually offended that they think I'm this stupid" for the line of attack to fail.

TheProfessor

It seems like the judge has an interest in doing away with self-defense. Maybe we can rename the law in honor of her to "Stand Your Ground and Pound."

iannis

Musty Nester
I think you bring up legitimate concerns. I also think with what they are arguing is that since supposedly his instructor talked about SYG, that somehow that means that Zimmerman knew what to say and how to make himself the victim in the situation. That he was also able to describe the situation that makes him appear in the best light possible.
That's like arguing it's a crime to be informed about the law.

I'm gonna do it, cause it's worth the RRP. You just don't make this a murder case without shouting American Inventor. Murder is more than someone died.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its murder because the media has this story this way. they framed the story as a big white man profiled and murdered a black toddler buying some candy all while making the troll face.

Status
Not open for further replies.