Justice League (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I don't get it, this was their chance to throw in Jon Stewart and have a black, green lantern. they don't have to go w/ ghetto robo.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Looks full-retard Bay Transformers levels of special effects overload.

Probably sticking with my plan to redbox it, unless my gf wants to see it, in which case she'll have to pay, because I'm not supporting these DC asshats with my own money dammit. Wonder Woman looks to have been the single enjoyable accident since this new potato-MCU clone began.

LoL. "Superman was a beacon to people, he showed us the best in ourselves" wtf superman are they talking about.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Such beacon much hope

giphy.gif

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Such beacon much hope

add in "so Martha"

That beacon and hope line was from Bruce at the end of BvS, the guy who flipped from "he's a dangerous alien who needs to die just in case" to all beacon and hope just from learning his mother's name.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I think the Justice League trailers look good, except for the thing where Aqua Man slams an enemy through a building then surfs out on the enemies corpse or whatever the fuck that is. How they fuck can they put stupid shit like that in a fucking movie? Oh my god. Just fucking cancel it and let Patty Jenkins come in and re-do it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think the Justice League trailers look good, except for the thing where Aqua Man slams an enemy through a building then surfs out on the enemies corpse or whatever the fuck that is. How they fuck can they put stupid shit like that in a fucking movie? Oh my god. Just fucking cancel it and let Patty Jenkins come in and re-do it.

interestingly, that's the only part of the trailer i actually enjoyed. the trailer feels like the reality of meeting a supermodel. sure she's pretty but there's absolutely no personality or soul. aquaman, on the other hand? the world needs more barbarian aquaman.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They don't need Luthor in this, it'll be fine if he's cut... not that the movie will be fine...

justice-league-poster.jpg

• 2Picard

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
God, flash and cyborg look like absolute horseshit. Wonder which producer's idiot cousin got to design them.

Royal

God, flash and cyborg look like absolute horseshit. Wonder which producer's idiot cousin got to design them.

If you've never seen the Death of Superman Lives documentary, producer John Peters used to bring his kids through the artist room and they got to pick out the concept art for some of the things that would have ended up in the movie. And some of the concept material from that production showed up in both Man of Steel and BvS.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Peters is a guy who is an amazingly underqualified bullshit artists, who's only successes are due to the director dragging him kicking and screaming across the finish line on some movies. He got his start because he was Streisand's hair stylist and somehow got his fingers in all of the DC movie properties. He also managed to piss of Neil Gaimen to a point where he told Hollywood to eat a dick on any future IP adaptations (over some fucked up Sandman adaptations) as long as he was involved. That incident and him trying to get his assistant to bang him a couple years ago finally forced him out, but he is probably the major reason for many of the flaws behind the recent DC movies (WW was the first one he did not have any major involvement in). The documentary that Royal mentions is excellent and you can pretty much see how MoS and BvS ran into problems with that asshole involved.

spronk

FPS noob
is it John Peters or Jon Peters, from the Kevin Smith stories? The guy who started his career as Barbara Streisand's hair dresser and loves spiders and thats why there is a spider bot in Wild Wild West...

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Royal

is it John Peters or Jon Peters, from the Kevin Smith stories? The guy who started his career as Barbara Streisand's hair dresser and loves spiders and thats why there is a spider bot in Wild Wild West...

Yeah, same guy. I went with the default h.

Smith retells his experiences with him in the doc and several others in it have similar accounts of working with/for him as well.

spronk

FPS noob
what movie will have a more coherent story, Justice League or Justice League XXX

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Why is that so high quality? If it wasn't for the women making "fuck me" faces, I could've bought that being real Justice League artwork.

• 1Solidarity

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
interestingly, that's the only part of the trailer i actually enjoyed. the trailer feels like the reality of meeting a supermodel. sure she's pretty but there's absolutely no personality or soul. aquaman, on the other hand? the world needs more barbarian aquaman.
Khal Drogo can do whatever he wants and still look cool

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I would rather have a Khal Drago movie.

Still don't understand how you have such amazing source material to start with and fuck it up so badly. DC movies in general seem to suck massive horse cock as a whole.