Justice League (2017)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
That whole scene was dumb. You have this ultimate big bad villain and you introduce him but showing how he got his ass handed to him thousands of years ago.

Aren't you supposed to build him up as unstoppable?
That's a good point LOL. And it was really like one axe to the shoulder and his minions had to pull him out like a bitch.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya well you get thru that though hide and there's prob some vitals. Possible great warriors have fought through an injury like that.

Coulda been one of those "if this axe had got you an inch more to the right" type wounds that actually was.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Snyder never really did a good job of setting up Darkseid as a threat. I never once felt throughout those 4 hours that he was some kinda badass. You dont have to take the Marvel approach and show it over 4328748973892 movies before they faceoff. But at least show something.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
That whole scene was dumb. You have this ultimate big bad villain and you introduce him but showing how he got his ass handed to him thousands of years ago.

Aren't you supposed to build him up as unstoppable?
Isn't this the same way we're introduced to Sauron in LOTR? He's this crazy unstoppable badass evil and even more dangerous when he has the one ring except if you just wildly flail at him with a broken sword and accidentally defeat him

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Isn't this the same way we're introduced to Sauron in LOTR? He's this crazy unstoppable badass evil and even more dangerous when he has the one ring except if you just wildly flail at him with a broken sword and accidentally defeat him
was just about to say that. Sauron has a bad win record. but its because the stakes are so high that you cant let him win once. if Darkseid had destroyed the earth then there would be no story to tell.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There were also the future vision scenes where Darkseid was whooping up and murdering the JL members with his eye beams. Three gods wounding him is not exactly making him seem weak, just not invincible.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The whole point was that Darkseid was only defeated by a once in a generation alliance of all of Earth's factions - Men, Gods, Amazons, Atlanteans - an alliance that subsequently shattered.

Likewise, Batman had to assemble a team from scratch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The whole point was that Darkseid was only defeated by a once in a generation alliance of all of Earth's factions - Men, Gods, Amazons, Atlanteans - an alliance that subsequently shattered.

He was so scary though the Lanterns only felt the need to send one guy..

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Ok, but that still shows he clearly very stoppable. And what they showed wasn't even close, dude got stomped the fuck out right away

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Deadpool was a copy of Deathstroke. There's a lot of back and forth copying, though mostly Marvel copying DC and doing it better more often than not.

Listen to robservations about captain america. Nothing in comics except superman and batman are original. Everything is a damn copy to some extent.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i think at that time period, there were less than 100 lanterns.
The Green Lantern Corps is 3 billion years old, I think it's safe to say they were at full strength 5k years ago.

If we're really gonna try and analyze an easter egg this deeply, Snyder's version of Darkseid was said to be from another Universe (rather than just another planet in this Universe) so they probably couldn't predict where and when he would strike.

• 1Like

Goatface

The Green Lantern Corps is 3 billion years old, I think it's safe to say they were at full strength 5k years ago.

If we're really gonna try and analyze an easter egg this deeply, Snyder's version of Darkseid was said to be from another Universe (rather than just another planet in this Universe) so they probably couldn't predict where and when he would strike.

guess this was introduced in the 2000's, i don't even know when it went from 3600 to 7200+
then again non of this probably applies to Zack's universe. as they would certainly send more if the events of the comics happened before this.

1616607744426.png

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If that Darkseid scene was just him being massively huge, and Omega eye beaming away huges swaths of armies, that... That would have been badass. He's supposed to be huge. Like, 13-14' tall.

Omega beams basically vaporize whatever they hit. Flash and Superman being the only ones who can effectively outrun it and target it back into Darkseid.

1450267-018_superman_batman_012__rembrandt_dcp_.jpg

uh2Cwjv.jpg

Hah. Even Gallactus in a crossover.
1598182-dark.jpg

And of course Batman has the best plot armor.
3197545635_d2731a6053_b.jpg

Goatface

If that Darkseid scene was just him being massively huge, and Omega eye beaming away huges swaths of armies, that... That would have been badass. He's supposed to be huge. Like, 13-14' tall.

Omega beams basically vaporize whatever they hit. Flash and Superman being the only ones who can effectively outrun it and target it back into Darkseid.
really didn't understand, in 1st battle if darkseid had the omega force or not. his eyes are dim
1616615982597.png

his eyes are glowing later on, then get way bright after steppenwolf's death, and then basically on fire in cycborg's vision

Caliane

I'm fairly certain Cyborg is central to the Darkseid invasion though. I mean, he was created after his father used a Mother Box to save him. At least in a few storylines.

I'm not a huge fan of the character and would much sooner have seen GL as well but he's a lazy deus ex kind of hero where his cyberware can essentially cover any ability the rest of the team lack.
this is a recent reboot thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Listen to robservations about captain america. Nothing in comics except superman and batman are original. Everything is a damn copy to some extent.
isnt Batman not that original either?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can we talk about how dumb it is to call a villian Darkside and he is from Planet Apocalypse?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users