Justice League of America

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
aquaman's only power is to control sea creatures (really?).
Well, no not really. He's got the generic super brick powers to varying degrees(super strength/durability, no flight though). Plus varying other random shit like most DC characters, especially when he had a magic water hand from the Lady of the Lake apparently, as per Wiki,

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I see what he is saying though, the Marvel A/B list characters are probably a bit more interesting and maybe a bit less silly than DC's. Once you start digging down though all bets are off as they both have cool and utterly stupid shit in the closet.

I think Teen Titans would be better to persue for DC than JLA myself.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i just never really got the justice league at all (although i watched the cartoon as a kid). i mean, superman and the green lantern were badasses, but the rest of the members in the league were like the special olympics of superheroes.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
JLA was cool as the cartoon when they had like 2-3 of the "main characters" then 2-3 "guests" show up for each episode. As that is what is makes the JLA interesting, having 50 members that take turns or whatever. Which is great for a show, but not for a movie or handful of movies.

Teen Titans you could do one or two solo movies then combo movie them into a Titans movie. Also there are enough Titans in existance you can kinda pick and choose who you think would work best for the team and who you think you could flesh out and make look cool in a movie. You can even tap into the tween/teen crowd by having heroes more their age, early 20s folk who remember the rather good cartoon, blah blah blah.

Meh, whatever. Warner Bros will probably find a way to fuck up whatever clever idea they're given.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Nolan would have more fun and more freedom doing his own movies. But he'd have more money doing JL. My bet is on the former.

...of course I could be wrong.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A movie with just Batman and Superman sounds better than an all out JL movie. Wouldn't have to worry about rebooting all of these other lame DC superheroes and forcing them into "dark and gritty" movies (might not even work for Superman). Batman and Superman are the only two anybody really gives a shit about anyway. And Nolan/Bale would be great for it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
How do you fit the Nolan Batman into an actual Justice League movie? I mean Bane beat the shit out of him and he wasn't even a "super powered" Bane.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's probably the worst news I've heard about this movie since the release date. If they're letting Nolan run the DC cinematic universe they need to let him push back JLA a few years and follow the template Marvel laid out or they've got a good shot and just flushing hundreds of millions down the drain.

Even then... better off rebooting Batman along with it rather than come in with all of the baggage of Bale's version, unless he's signed on to do more of a handoff to a protege or something as part of the JLA plot (Bale starting Batman, Inc or something).

Superman is boring as fuck. The Flash boring as fuck. Green Lantern doesn't translate well to film (I fear the same could be said for Marvel's Doc Strange, we shall see}. Wonder Woman is hot, but you know they won't show enough skin. JL movie seems pretty meh idea, they should be making Vertigo titles for the big screen, they have a deep enough catalog of quality material but keep going to the well that were my grandpas comics .... /facepalm

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still think they could pull off a badass WW movie. With or without the skin.

Step 1: Cast Jessica Biel
Step 2: Lots of asskicking.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I don't see Biel. Part of me thinks she's just wrong to play Diana and part of me just hates her because I don't like her as an actress. Morena Baccarin would be an interesting choice if she's tall enough. Theron could probably pull it off pretty well. You'd need an actress that's got the height and face to look like a goddess but who has enough chops to make us believe it too.

Caliane

I was going to insult him for suggesting Biel.

But then I thought about the A Team. I probably wouldn't hate it.

Morena Baccarin would be an interesting choice if she's tall enough.
CGIing in the proper sized jugs and ass would be too expensive. Also she isn't butch enough, WW has to have a dom vibe that gives less than straight guys wetdreams of getting pegged while gagged with a golden lariat.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's probably the worst news I've heard about this movie since the release date. If they're letting Nolan run the DC cinematic universe they need to let him push back JLA a few years and follow the template Marvel laid out or they've got a good shot and just flushing hundreds of millions down the drain.

Even then... better off rebooting Batman along with it rather than come in with all of the baggage of Bale's version, unless he's signed on to do more of a handoff to a protege or something as part of the JLA plot (Bale starting Batman, Inc or something).
Latino review (who surprisingly gets the early inside scoop on a lot of movies) is pretty much confirming this. They pretty much always get it right. They are claiming Nolan has moved into the studio and has commandeered the project, and that they are going to bring back Bale, and put him in the movie with the new Superman. Their reasoning is that none of the Avengers lead ins did over a billion, but Bale did $2.5B with his movies. They think it will be enough lead in, combined with Man of Steel.

The good news is that this project is not dead. Warners is feeling the pressure of getting beat at the box office by Avengers and Star Wars (both owned by Disney).

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/...ustice-league/

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Bale did jack shit with 2 out of 3 batman movies. Heath Ledger totally outshined him, it wasnt the dark knight who owned the screen it was the joker. Dark knight rises, i think the main moneymaker there was the name Christopher Nolan...and let's see if this movie gets close to the dark knight. TDK gave nolan and the franchise enough credit to let people waste money on that shitpile that is TDKR.

I was really rooting for the green lantern movie, too bad they chose parallax as the main villain and spent 80% of the time on earth. They should just have recycled the script from the animated movie green lantern first flight, and you'd set the space theme, and sinestro would look like a serious badass for a sequel. Man of steel, i just dont know about the combination of snyder and superman......man faster then a speeding bullet! In slowmotion ad nauseum.

Marvel built a world brick by brick. They took a big chance and it paid off. And yet, it doesnt seem like a consistent world. Iron man was slightly grounded in reality, but far from gritty, more a sarcastic view. Iron man 2 was great for what it was, filler, to set up some characters for e avengers. A hulk movie that was more a hommage to the tv series then anything else. Then a terribly campy ww2 movie called captain america. With thor they introduced a god.....sorta....and then they all collided in 1 movie, and you could see they came from really different places. The magic of the avengers was that they should not be a team, but when push comes to shove they all do whats right, and then pimp away and do their own thing. Avengers never felt forced.

Intox_sl

shitlord
If JL gets off the ground, I would bet that Gina Carano gets cast as WW. Her name was mentioned a while ago and now her and Henry Cavill have been dating and you know how those things go. She wouldn't be a bad fit in the role.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bale did jack shit with 2 out of 3 batman movies. Heath Ledger totally outshined him, it wasnt the dark knight who owned the screen it was the joker. Dark knight rises, i think the main moneymaker there was the name Christopher Nolan...and let's see if this movie gets close to the dark knight. TDK gave nolan and the franchise enough credit to let people waste money on that shitpile that is TDKR.

I was really rooting for the green lantern movie, too bad they chose parallax as the main villain and spent 80% of the time on earth. They should just have recycled the script from the animated movie green lantern first flight, and you'd set the space theme, and sinestro would look like a serious badass for a sequel. Man of steel, i just dont know about the combination of snyder and superman......man faster then a speeding bullet! In slowmotion ad nauseum.

Marvel built a world brick by brick. They took a big chance and it paid off. And yet, it doesnt seem like a consistent world. Iron man was slightly grounded in reality, but far from gritty, more a sarcastic view. Iron man 2 was great for what it was, filler, to set up some characters for e avengers. A hulk movie that was more a hommage to the tv series then anything else. Then a terribly campy ww2 movie called captain america. With thor they introduced a god.....sorta....and then they all collided in 1 movie, and you could see they came from really different places. The magic of the avengers was that they should not be a team, but when push comes to shove they all do whats right, and then pimp away and do their own thing. Avengers never felt forced.
This coming from the guy that only reads Marvel.