Keyboards & Mice

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And which setting is your scroll wheel set to?
Yea, if it's in free scroll mode its very noticeable. My kids had switched it, and so when I switched it back I can still make it do it but it's not nearly as noticeable. Basically free scroll mode is just shit tier, and should never be used.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Raided and did dungeons for about 5 hours tonight straight and my left hand got a goddamn work out on the ducky.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Are you guys talking about the button on the mouse that makes the wheel roll? That was the single best feature on the G500 I had. It sucks for gaming, but any time I was just browsing or doing work it was amazing. It was the hardest thing to give up when I switched mice.

You want a shit scroll wheel, try the g302.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Raided and did dungeons for about 5 hours tonight straight and my left hand got a goddamn work out on the ducky.

your keyboard strength game is weak
71kNwIPM4PL._SL1214_.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Any recommendations for a decent mechanical keyboard in the $50-$75 range? Doesn't need to be any thing fancy, no backlighting, etc.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tomoko MMC023 for $38ish. Non-Cherry brand switches. no info on life, love or all that.

Sub $80 for a keyboard and you have to start cutting corners.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I recently got an XIM4 to connect mouse and keyboard to PS4. I wanted daughter to train with that so eventually she can play PC games with me.

The XIM4 is amazing by itself.

I also ordered that to play on couch. Roccat Sova MK (Mechanical keyboard)

gallery-sova-picture01-v1-yDx6h-1-80-000-830x490.jpg

I looked at reviews and various options and this seems like the best one on market. (Quality, Price and size.)

I tried it and it's truly amazing. Its very comfortable I have yet to tried it on a PC game but I tried it with the XIM4 and it work perfectly.

I followed this guide so I only had one cable coming from the board to the XIM4. This Lap Board support XIM4 from what I can see.

ROCCAT SOVA Review -- The Perfect XIM Peripheral for Couch Gaming

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The ThermalTake mechanical with blue switches was $60 at Fry's, and was honestly one of the most solid boards I've used. I replaced it with a Ducky with black switches because I like the activation on black better (also, I spilled beer on my TT board). I've also owned two Corsair boards with red switches, and the aluminum base is solid, though they've died with the slightest bit of moisture. Manually installing bushings on each key is amazing for reducing the clack clack, with zero impact on performance.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Second the roccat lapboard, love it. Ive been using this old cardboard box to have my keyboard and mouse pad for years, lots of wife agro. The lapboard is perfect if you game in a lazyboy or lean back from the desk.

Only complaint ia the keys seem a bit small. Not notebook size, but seem smaller than my k60 corsair kb. Might be subconscious due to no num pad

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I never understood using a xim on the ps4 but actually using it to train your daughter to be master race is the best reason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

I never understood using a xim on the ps4 but actually using it to train your daughter to be master race is the best reason.
Because it lets you use a mouse and keyboard with games that normally don't let you use a mouse and keyboard. All the FPS shooters and stuff on Ps4 instantly become PC master race basically while all the scrubs you are going against are plebs using a controller. It works out really well. If I was more a console gamer than PC, I would do it for sure.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Because it lets you use a mouse and keyboard with games that normally don't let you use a mouse and keyboard. All the FPS shooters and stuff on Ps4 instantly become PC master race basically while all the scrubs you are going against are plebs using a controller. It works out really well. If I was more a console gamer than PC, I would do it for sure.
I understand technically why but why not game on pc? I guess people like being on a superior level

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

That sounds like trying to hustle at the special Olympics and getting a good feeling about that

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
i game on xbone because some RL friends wanted some simple to game on. I get it, no drivers, no hardware upgrades, everyone on the same hardware so no excuses.

how well does the xim work? i can swap over my mechanical kb and mouse from my pc and use it quickly? how long does it take to "map" keys?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i game on xbone because some RL friends wanted some simple to game on. I get it, no drivers, no hardware upgrades, everyone on the same hardware so no excuses.

how well does the xim work? i can swap over my mechanical kb and mouse from my pc and use it quickly? how long does it take to "map" keys?

You can use it as fast as you can unplug / plug it back in to the XIM. There is an app for iPhone or Android that will let you change key mapping on the fly depending on the game. You can either use a community sourced keymap or just the default one. I think most will work without any customization but others you might need to adjust for different lookspeeds, acceleration, decel, etc...

Crone

So I got a G13 game pad recently off craigslist for $35, and it was ok but the joystick is a little weird and it has keys indented so you can easily find your way back to asdw which I didn't like. I'm using it for WoW and a streamer I watch uses one so I wanted to try it nd see if I could get use to joystick movement and a game pad in general.

Hated it. Physical location of buttons and joystick just wasn't working. Going to sell it back on Craigslist.

Then I find out that streamer that I watch who I thought had the G13 actually uses a Razer Orbweaver. I read that it's got a more compact key layout, different position for the joystick, mechanical keys, 4 different adjustments you can make, and rgb. Thing new is $120 on Amazon, $150 on ebay for some reason. Lost an auction of one for by $1 that went for $61, then contacted the seller who happened to be local to me that if it doesn't work out we can meet up and I'd buy it from him. Well original buyer bitched about shipping costs and backed out so it's mine for $60.

Will post how I like this one compared to the G13.