Keyboards & Mice

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Xbox one controller or dual shock 3 or 4. Which has the best d pad?

The xbox 360's d pad is like a shit took a diarrhea.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Dpad on the Xbone is flipping amazing compared to the 360. Very good for rolling moves in SFV, while also precise directionally. The PS4 controller dpad virtually hasn't changed since the original PS1 controller. The overall feel and joysticks on the PS4 are superior, though (imo) (xbone sticks and feel are also pretty top notch in their own right).

fris

Vyemm Raider
You can use it as fast as you can unplug / plug it back in to the XIM. There is an app for iPhone or Android that will let you change key mapping on the fly depending on the game. You can either use a community sourced keymap or just the default one. I think most will work without any customization but others you might need to adjust for different lookspeeds, acceleration, decel, etc...
is there a hidden setting to increase sensitivity or remove the acceleration that the controller does? I was hoping that w/ a mouse i could 360no_scope, ie, not spin around at such a slow speed.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No idea really, I only used it for a brief period of time. But it cannot overwrite any built in game setting, so you can't have a huge sensitivity than what a game allows. I think there were ways to tweak it and make it feel faster, but that had to do with acceleration curves of the ds4 analog pad that you're probably talking about? It has been a long while since I've even looked at those details.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I haven't tested it but XIM4 should allow me to connect my Elite Xbox one controller to my PS4. I like the PS4 controller more than the standard Xbox but the Elite controller is probably among the best controller I ever used.

Why use a Xim4 on PS4? Daughter can play Overwatch with her Aunt and her little friends. I want her to be able to switch to PC and play with me when I will upgrade my ROG laptop. ( she will inherit my old one).

I have played a few game. What I noticed is as a mouse user is that I remove the auto aim in OW PS4 option cause it fuck with my natural aim.(or lucio wall riding) While the controller user all use 100% auto aim. It give them all 30-40% aim and pretty unnatural tracking even when they don't see you behind other character.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Love the way this keyboard looks. Just a touch pricey at 1650.00

The most absurdly expensive PC accessories and components | PC Gamer

keyboard.jpg
keyboard 2.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What do you guys recommend for a travel keyboard that is full size but doesn't have a 10 key? I need something to use with my personal laptop at work when it's on the laptop stand that's small but doesn't suck ass, I've been eyeballing this but I'm worried the keys are going to suck ass.

I'm also not looking to spend a shitload of money.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
New keyboards

@home TADA68 ISO with gateron blacks and thick pbt dyesubs
JapaTUc.jpg

@work Zenith branded G80-1192HAG with vintage mx black and thick pbt dyesubs
gBqF1g7.jpg

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Any good, cheap options for backup mechanical keyboards? I love my DASKeyboard Silent with browns, but I want something I can lug around and maybe get one for my dad. I'm ambivalent to tenkeyless or not, but I think I'd need it for my dad.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Any good, cheap options for backup mechanical keyboards? I love my DASKeyboard Silent with browns, but I want something I can lug around and maybe get one for my dad. I'm ambivalent to tenkeyless or not, but I think I'd need it for my dad.

CoolerMaster makes a $50 board. MX browns or blues. Only one I've used that I can vouch for. Doesn't survive beer, however. :D There's a few other $50 boards out there, I imagine they're quite similar. Red Dragon K552 is $37.99, but I can't speak to its quality.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
TteSports keyboards are pretty good. I have a Posiedon Z with cherry browns and full baclkighting, and it was 65$ last year. They have some models with Kailh switches (chinese knockoff) that are pretty reasonable.

Mine is built like a tank, it would be a viable weapon in a zombie apocalypse. It's also a basic 104 key setup, no macro keys nothing special.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What do you guys recommend for a travel keyboard that is full size but doesn't have a 10 key? I need something to use with my personal laptop at work when it's on the laptop stand that's small but doesn't suck ass, I've been eyeballing this but I'm worried the keys are going to suck ass.

I'm also not looking to spend a shitload of money.
Travel would be this cherry mlg84

It's near full size, it's a "decent" mechanical keyboard, these are NOT cherry MX switches but are cherry ML switches, you'll find these in server rooms usually. I have 2 on my HTPCs, and i take it with me when i travel.

i have a ps2 to usb (and then a usb to microb) adapter so i can use it to type on my smartphone.

Again, it's not AS GREAT as a cherry mx board, but it weights 1/5 less, is physically smaller (butt close enough to full size)

Your other option is just to get a tenkeyless (this means there is no numpad) cherry mx board.

===
Side note, had to do easy surgery on my keyboard yesterday, "y" key was stuck, i knew the leaf spring of the Cherry MX switch felt messed up, so i just desoldered and popped in a new switch (i have a few hundred switches around)

something anyone can do, also if you don't have spare switch around, you can just desolder an unused switch like "scroll lock" or "print screen" etc...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's quite nice but a little out of my price range, I ended up getting a shitter Anker to hold me over for now. I will look into getting one of those later, thanks for the reply.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's quite nice but a little out of my price range, I ended up getting a shitter Anker to hold me over for now. I will look into getting one of those later, thanks for the reply.
I honestly don't know why they're that expensive, i got mine like for 10bucks almost 10years ago, these are old ass keyboards and when they're sold, usually it's cuz the server is being stripped and the keyboard is basically pristine, cuz who uses a keyboard on a server.

try ebay
cherry ml4100 | eBay

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I understand technically why but why not game on pc? I guess people like being on a superior level

I know this post is pretty old but Destiny was the main reason I got a Xim4. PC version doesn't exist otherwise I would have gotten it for that.

Also, I just picked up

Amazon.com: Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Red: Computers & Accessories
and
Amazon.com: Logitech G Pro Gaming FPS Mouse with Advanced Gaming Sensor for Competitive Play: Computers & Accessories

Keyboard is going to take some getting used to but I really like it so far. I installed the optional WASD keys that come with it that are slightly contoured inward toward the S, feels nice when playing a shooter or other game that uses WASD for movement.

The mouse I got because of all the hubbub over the sensor it uses. Thought about going for a G500S instead since I've been using a G500 for the 5+ years but decided to go with the better quality sensor and re-learn the ergonomics. I really am going to miss the free scroll wheel though.

I was really happy to be able to pick up a rock solid combo that should last me 5+ years for only around $130 total.

is there a hidden setting to increase sensitivity or remove the acceleration that the controller does? I was hoping that w/ a mouse i could 360no_scope, ie, not spin around at such a slow speed.

Console games limit your look speed, so if it feels like you're turning slowly even with everything maxed out it's because the game straight up won't allow you to move any faster. Nothing that can be done about it unfortunately. I remember trying to play Killzone Shadowfall on my PS4 with the Xim and it just straight up did not work properly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

nazon

Molten Core Raider
I've always been brand loyal to Logitech but am trying to branch out a bit. Purchased a HyperX FPS mechanical keyboard recently. I set off thinking I was going to get a keyboard with Cherry MX Reds but went with the Blues. I went to my local Best Buy to try before purchasing. The reds were out of stock but I ended up really liking the blues.

I got this mouse free as part of a motherboard promotion: Interceptor DS B1 GAMING Mouse | MSI Global

Not bad considering it was free. When I get home I'm going to see if I can run it at 1000Hz/500Hz USB polling. If not I might consider getting something else like a Deathadder, Zowie, Steelseries or Logitech Gpro.
There's really an overwhelming number of choices now a days.

The progression of my mice: Brand-less ps2 ball mouse > Logitech Wingman(Retired) > Microsoft Intellimouse(Retired) > Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical(Retired) > Razer Boomslang(Broke) > Logitech M-BJ58(Retired) > Logitech G700(When I need wireless) > MSI DS B1(Current)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm still running my 10yr old razer death adder, not cuz of cheapness, but it's still the champ, had all the other mice, they just ended up dying sooner or later and i whip out the death adder, it's also modded with cherry browns now so button presses are the best in the world. Wife hates it tho, plus it does look ugly with the mods.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I picked up a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with browns on Prime Day. First mechanical keyboard I've had, as I didn't want to justify the price. But I had been using a crappy ~$20 keyboard I had stolen from an employer like a decade ago, so figured it was time to upgrade.

So far I'm a big fan. It's still a little loud, so I dunno how you people cope with reds and blues (edit: Apparently reds/browns are about the same decibels. Just blues being super loud). But otherwise I like it so far. Honestly my favorite feature is just the RGB so I can have my PUBG keys lit up (even though it's mostly by feel at this point in my life).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I picked up a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with browns on Prime Day. First mechanical keyboard I've had, as I didn't want to justify the price. But I had been using a crappy ~$20 keyboard I had stolen from an employer like a decade ago, so figured it was time to upgrade.

So far I'm a big fan. It's still a little loud, so I dunno how you people cope with reds and blues (edit: Apparently reds/browns are about the same decibels. Just blues being super loud). But otherwise I like it so far. Honestly my favorite feature is just the RGB so I can have my PUBG keys lit up (even though it's mostly by feel at this point in my life).
if you feel that browns are loud, you're most likely bottoming out.

try typing with only the activation point of the switch, which is halfway.