Keyboards & Mice

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm a week into using a g305 and I don't think I'll be able to ever tolerate a corded mouse again. The other aspects of the mouse are pretty nice too, aside from a slightly squishier M4 than what I'd like.

The wireless is so nice that I'd be interested in trying out a G Pro wireless if they were only absurdly expensive rather than outrageously expensive.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a week into using a g305 and I don't think I'll be able to ever tolerate a corded mouse again. The other aspects of the mouse are pretty nice too, aside from a slightly squishier M4 than what I'd like.

The wireless is so nice that I'd be interested in trying out a G Pro wireless if they were only absurdly expensive rather than outrageously expensive.
You've peaked my interest. Hmm... kinda want one for my travel gaming laptop, and could double as a mouse for my work laptop. Hmm.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
I've repaired the double click of doom (stretching a very tiny spring in a g500) a few times, but each time it'd take less time to go back to fucking up. Lasted like 4 years (new) - 12 mo - 6 mo - 3mo when repairing it. Took about 15 min after the annoying first time with a pairing knife and some tweezers. Going back I should have just picked up a new one sooner.

Basically what you'd have to do

Ichu

Molten Core Raider

I've had the G305 for about 3 weeks now and have the same feeling. The hero sensor is flawless and I don't think that I'll ever be able to go back to a corded mouse.

I thought that maybe the M4 mushiness was my mouse specifically but after seeing you say it as well I guess it's just a flaw of the mouse. Sucks because M5 is nice and clicky. Only other gripe is that I find the mouse more slippery than my G302 that just died. I wish the sides were a little more angular so it is easier to lift.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've had the G305 for about 3 weeks now and have the same feeling. The hero sensor is flawless and I don't think that I'll ever be able to go back to a corded mouse.

I thought that maybe the M4 mushiness was my mouse specifically but after seeing you say it as well I guess it's just a flaw of the mouse. Sucks because M5 is nice and clicky. Only other gripe is that I find the mouse more slippery than my G302 that just died. I wish the sides were a little more angular so it is easier to lift.

The m4 issue is just how they designed it from what I can see from other people talking about it. I've seen some posts around about opening it up and making it less squishy. I plan on giving it a go somewhere down the line

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Bought this to go with my new computer. I had an older das keyboard that still works great, but if I'm gonna spend 3 grand, why not get a new fucking keyboard too?

It is amazeballs. I love it even more than my original, as the old one was the clicky noise springs. This one isn't, but still feels great, and the keyboard is SOLID. No pussy shit keyboards! Seriously, the build quality on this thing is fantastic. It costs a little more than some of the more popular ones, and it doesn't light up and shit, but I don't like backlighting anyway. I don't play in the dark, and if I did the light from the keyboard would likely bother me. I do believe they have a backlit version though, if that's your thing.

10/10, highly recommended.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
I recently upgraded to a Das Keyboard 4 Pro @ work . Would also give a 10/10 recommendation.

It has an incredible build, great feel (brown keys for me) perfectly solid and reliable and great upgrade to my old CoolerMaster mechanial. After 4 months I can say its my best keyboard ever. Overall best except for a 2nd in typing for which the sentimental nod goes to my ancient IBM model M beast from 80s. Unfortunately the IBM clunker is just too big & too loud unless you are in a soundproofed room.

Little perks with the Das Keyboard 4 that stand out most for me are :
  • USB3 2 port hub is great @ work: convenient access for wired mouse, second keyboard and external USB/portable drives etc.
  • volume wheel and media keys are in ideal location above the numpad
  • Superbly solid USB cable

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have a G502 and one of the buttons just stopped working tonight while grinding on the new D3 season. I use one of the side buttons for a spam Left click macro when I hold it down and it just stopped. Assigned the macro to another key and it works fine. Not sure what's going on, but maybe good excuse to buy a new mouse?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Have a G502 and one of the buttons just stopped working tonight while grinding on the new D3 season. I use one of the side buttons for a spam Left click macro when I hold it down and it just stopped. Assigned the macro to another key and it works fine. Not sure what's going on, but maybe good excuse to buy a new mouse?

Look up the issue online first. Might be a common issue with steps to fix it.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Logitech has a 3 year warranty on those in case you fall in that window to have it replaced. If not you probably need to replace the switch or get a newer mouse.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You could try to wash it out with 91% alcohol or blow it out. It's probably just crud on the switch.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I bought a Basilisk and Deathadder Elite. I'm surprisingly quite happy with the Basilisk, it feels incredibly solid, the variable scroll wheel is a nice addition, I've even used to sniper button often. Qualms? The mouse click action is "too perfect", and I tend to make the cursor move when I click. Also, typical Razer, the edge of the rubber pad is already starting to peel, though I love the texture. Feels sleek and sexy.

The Deathadder feels like trash. The textured side grips feel weird, and since it's righty/lefty compatible, the bottom of the right side where my Pinky rests is pushed out a little while it fits perfectly on the Basilisk... The mouse as a whole feels "cheap" but it is light weight, tracks perfectly, and has amazing click qualities.

Naturally I ended up using the Deathadder for my work system, because it's actually easier to use for longer periods.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A lot of people don't like Deathadders, but I've been using them pretty much since they first came out exclusively and I have never used a mouse I've liked more.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A lot of people don't like Deathadders
giphy.gif

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A lot of people don't like Deathadders, but I've been using them pretty much since they first came out exclusively and I have never used a mouse I've liked more.

Who doesn't like deathadders!? Still the most comfortable mouse I have ever used.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Deathadders are comfortable as fuck but that's all they have going for them. Razer products are garbage tier, and I say that as someone that started using their products back when they were still making ball mice and premium gaming oriented products were first appearing.