Kick-Ass 2 trailer

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That looks a lot like my shop. Except we out source our heat treating, and we don't actually forge anything the way he seems to. We build sheet metal parts. As an example, we built this frame for the replica liberty bell for the National Liberty Museum in Philly.

n7cn.jpg

The frame itself is made of Steel tubing. 1/4" wall to make it good and strong. The decorative stainless steel cover on the bottom hides access for a fork lift or pallet jack so that the Museum can easily take the bell to and from companies that have given them a large donation. The bell was poured from the same mold that made the original bell, and they replicated the crack by milling into the surface. It weighs somewhere around 1800-2400 lbs. I don't recall exactly (it's been 10 years since we built it). It was funny carrying a liberty bell type thing in the back of our box truck. Really seemed like we stole the thing.

For a good time, I'll also include an action shot of a pneumatic launcher for a company that has a Military contract.
xpul.jpg

The launcher is made entirely out of aluminum, and sits on the back of an open trailer similar to what you might see a guy who cuts the grass might use. It has 2 extension pieces on the end to provide adequate distance for the projectile to get up to speed (being that it's using nothing but a 100 PSI compressor to launch). This was a neat project.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So what's going on with Kick-Ass 2 anyway? I know they bumped back the movies release from June 28th to August 16th, but even Fandango doesn't have it listed, and that's 15 days away. Usually movies are up for a month or more prior to their release. Hmm...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They've been slacking on a lot of different movies lately. I've noticed my local theaters waiting up until the last minute to figure out their 2D vs 3D vs XD schedules as well.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Jim Carrey is a non factor on anything to do with how someone should or shouldn't feel about this movie.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Looks like they didn't go full bore from the comics
McLovin can't get a boner to rape kickasses girlfriend

Malakriss

They waited until today to confirm XD showings so it looks like Cinemark thinks Kick-Ass 2 is going to be the most bankable movie this weekend.

Saw this last night. Really enjoyed it. If you liked the first one you will probably like this one. They did cut/change stuff from the book, but that was fine. There's no origin story build up here, the story goes by pretty quickly.

And stay after the credits.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
damn, kickass got a 77% on rotten tomatoes, initial viewings show kickass 2 as a 27%, it must be all that shaky cam shit.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Just got back from seeing this. I enjoyed it very much, but it was lacking that indescribable quality that made the first one so much FUN to watch. 8/10

PS I didn't notice any shaky cam

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Went to the theatre to see what was out, and just got back from seeing this. Never saw the first one so I didn't know what to expect. I found myself enjoying this one a lot. Just Fun.

Malakriss

While Marvel does superhero movies, Kick-Ass does comic movies. I kind of wish they brought some of that style into the Iron Mans instead of making movies about Tony Stark.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed it, though it was definitely weaker than Kick-Ass 1. The ending came about very abruptly and the build-up (Mean Girls high school storyline, police cracking down on masked vigilantes, McLovin's recruitment of an evil army) all seemed rushed. Regardless, I enjoyed it. I think it just needed to be a half hour longer. The movie itself was maybe 1.5 hours long and everyone seemed surprised when the final fight occurred.