Kick-Ass 2 trailer

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i haven't found time to see this yet, but i can see where you say things seemed rushed, they did combine kickass2 and hitgirl (the comics).

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Saw this last night and although some parts do seem a bit rushed it was still a fun and very entertaining experience. I definitely enjoyed it.

Greyskye_sl

shitlord
Caught a showing yesterday. Maybe nine people for the 2:20pm EST showing. If I've ever seen a sequel I'd give a solid 'meh' to this is it. Wanted to love it, if you liked the first, worth a matinee.

Szlia

A bit of comedy, a bit of ultra violence, a bit of drama, a bit of high school chick flick... so in the end, nothing really works. Also, the first one had above average directing, not so much in this sequel. Add Jim Carrey's screen time being almost entirely in the trailers and doing almost nothing with the comedic potential of Donal Faison and Clark Duke and you are left with not much else than getting jail-baited by Chlo? Grace Moretz for 20 minutes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i know i am late to the party, but im just watching this now. wow good movie. Mother Russia easily is stealing it. she would have been a great Brienne of Tarth.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Terrible movie, wasn't fun, story was a mess and completely retarded. When you miss Nicholas Cage you know some one fucked up some where.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
maybe it's the comic book reader in me (i'm current with kickass), but meh, i mean an action flick imo is bad when i think the best parts are the "mean girls" parts, like wth. one part i think was missing was... she's too old looking. Look i'm no pedo, but the story in kickass is that she's a 12yr old running things (cuz dad is dead), and everyone is legitimately afraid of her. Then there's the school interaction he tries to talk to her and ppl call him a pedo, to me it's no different than a senior going after a freshman, that's like common, there's just no tension there, she also acts the same, which would be fine for hit girl as a 12yr old, but hit girl as a 16yr old, sounds silly (in a comic book world).

Also jim carrie's role is vastly undersold, he's supposed to be the guiding light for these ppl who genuinely want to do good, they never went past crazy guy with a ball biting dog.

i generally like mark millar's works, but while this isn't as horrible as "wanted", it's a disappointment.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
read somewhere that they want to make KA3 as soon as possible. Only path they have left is going Kill Bill route...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Typically sequels are not as good as the original and this was no exception. Still it was great action and violence.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
maybe it's the comic book reader in me (i'm current with kickass), but meh, i mean an action flick imo is bad when i think the best parts are the "mean girls" parts, like wth. one part i think was missing was... she's too old looking.
rrr_img_43438.jpg

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
she is too old. the whole idea of Kick ass 1 being good was that hit girl was so little and tiny, you wouldn't expect her to be such a killer. The shock value is immensely larger with the diminishing size of the character. the adrenaline scene, for instance, was fucking shit and silly with big hit girl in there. i would imagine that if she was little, she would have to jump, reach out, and do other crazy shit along with the speed.

chloe is still good tho. bonerific.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that's the thing about every mark millar story, he takes something uncomfortable and runs the whole arc with it.

kick ass, little 12 year old super killer
wanted, avg joe that was brought up as a pussy, inherits a world of supervillianly to become the ultimate killer.
superior super crippled wheelbound chair boy becomes superman does he give up and become wheelchair bound again for the greater good?
Nemesis what if batman wore white, was a supervillian and won?

if she's not a 12yr old kicking ass, she's a 16yr old kicking ass, really no different than watching suckerpunch.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I finally got a chance to watch this.

I *love* the comic. I *love* the first movie. I didn't really care much for this one, though.

It's not that it was bad, it just didn't have the awesomeness that the first did. The action scenes were silly (specifically the van sequence). It just didn't flow as perfect as the first.
The story wasn't "that" much different than Kick-Ass 2 & Hit-Girl comics... but it wasn't as good either. I also didn't like that every super-hero looked like they were stacked with 1/4" of padding. Hit-Girl looked way too big. Kick-Ass is suddenly a weight lifter or whatever. It isn't the comic.

Oh well... Guess it's hard to make magic twice.