Kickstarters

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Kingdom Death came 2 weeks ago, first game is set for Sunday and what shows up in the mail today? Gloomhaven. Fuuuuuck I'm not going to have enough free time!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't imagine any other game than Kingdom Death hitting the table in my house until at least July, even if new. I may have an illness.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yes! ... when I've bought all the expansions I've skipped on in the KS :)

Not sure if you know but they always have a Black Friday sale. Buy up what you can on that day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't imagine any other game than Kingdom Death hitting the table in my house until at least July, even if new. I may have an illness.

It truly is a phenomal game, it's outdated so much of my collection.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Painted my first KDM miniature. Wanted to make it look like stone. Turned out pretty cool looking.

B4C503CD-495C-4665-B90A-2170786B665F.jpeg
9FD39B97-8899-43E1-ACED-D03052F2566A.jpeg
A0ABC37A-D57D-4704-8079-903AE5BCF4FB.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
God damn, sorry for the size of those. Didn't look that big on my phone.

Vaclav

Unless that room is super brightly lit, I'd suggest a tad darker for others. Excellent technique though, just I'd aim for more of a dark marble rather than a granite.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
We just painted our starting KDM figures Saturday in prep for our first Sunday game. I feel like they look better in person, but here are some pictures. I painted the survivors and my lady painted the monsters. It's hard to tell, but the inside of the lions mouth and stomach of the antelope are super glossy to look like they are wet.

IMG_7280.jpg
IMG_7282.jpg
IMG_7283.jpg
IMG_7286.jpg

Group enjoyed the game, I'm definitely way over the top excited about everything, but the others all want to play more (despite my lady just having a rough night of rolling, missing every swing, and rolling 1's until she fell over dead 1st round of the first combat >_<)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

I see you went with ink-stained eyes, nice lore touch. (Note: If you want to be a super lore nerd on the ink-stained eyes, it's only first generation that should have it [barring oddities like absorbing first gen from failed settlements] new life doesn't have the ink-stained eyes)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is it all first gen or just the starting survivors? Not that it really matters, the lore seems like a mess to me, even though I do dig it. I had only planned on doing the starting survivors with ink. Probably still will either way.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've watched a few youtube video's of people playing the first couple of years, so I knew enough lore that it was acceptable. I'm still terrible at painting eyes (I think I've probably painted about a dozen figures at this point, so basically brand new to the hobby), so this seemed like an easy out. I'm honestly not sure what I'll do with other survivor models. Not sure if I'm just going to keep going with random hair/skin combo's and just end up with a random army of guys eventually, or what. I might just do all the eyes like that so as to denote these miniatures belong to this game.

This coming Sunday is my birthday, and I've talked another group into starting Gloomhaven then.. so I'm thinking I'm going to try to get the starting mini's for that painted first.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think I’m going to try the statue look that I did above, but try to blend in some colored sections / flesh. As if they’re turning to stone.

Also blood

Vaclav

Is it all first gen or just the starting survivors? Not that it really matters, the lore seems like a mess to me, even though I do dig it. I had only planned on doing the starting survivors with ink. Probably still will either way.

Starting are only that are explicitly stated - for the other's from "The First Day" I'm unsure. It's clear during the first birth event that it doesn't continue to any that come from Intimacy/etc.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Starting are only that are explicitly stated - for the other's from "The First Day" I'm unsure. It's clear during the first birth event that it doesn't continue to any that come from Intimacy/etc.

I know he did a recent interview where they discussed the ink. I’m pretty sure he said the starting but it was a couple months ago. One of the gen con interviews from this year, if you want to go find out for sure!

Onoes Onoes Did you use washes on your figures? It helps the details really pop. It’s hard to tell from pictures, the details always get washed out. Some pics I have of my figures look like no wash and too thick paint, but in real life they look much better.