Kickstarters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
"
Saw this and am tempted to get it. Got a bit of a Dead Winter vibe with aliens from the trailer (not quite as corny above but close). Mini's look pretty nice too.

They’re a pretty legit company. They play test and tweak like crazy. Even willing to throw out core things if it’s not working.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
They’re a pretty legit company. They play test and tweak like crazy. Even willing to throw out core things if it’s not working.

Ended up pulling the trigger on the Captain's Edition for that and after looking up Adrian Smith got Hate as well. Did not realize Smith had a hand in the original Space Hulk, Hero's Quest and a bunch of other games' art I loved and spent way too much time on from the late 80s/early 90s on. Been happy with most of my Cool Mini Or Not kickstarter purchases and recently started learning how to paint mini's (still in the they look a lot better than unpainted but no where near what the youtube tutorials look like phase) so hopefully will be caught up on all the past purchases and a bit better by the time these get here. Next impulse Kickstarter purchase will probably be the Batman: Gotham City board game when it goes live in late February (27th I believe). Being done by the same folks that did the Conan board game a year or so back which sadly I still haven't played but the quality of the materials they used for that were quite good, much better than Dark Souls which had a ton of limp plastic parts and still hasn't delivered on their stretch goal promises.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was in on Hate but after watching the gameplay videos I just don’t think it would ever hit the table, the gameplay looks too weak compared to some of the great stuff I already have. I really want the art book though, and can’t get it unless you buy a core game first. May have to pick it up on eBay if it’s KS exclusive as well.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure I can add it as an extra when the pledge manager goes live. I'll let you know if so and we can figure something out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah fluctuate quite a bit between the west and east coast these days depending on work but I'm always somewhere in the US.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
HATE didn't get the kickstarter love they were hoping. especially after Gloomhaven reprint pulled 4 mill+ and the success of the zombicide games. this was probably the most advertised KS game of all time and it only pulled 1.2 which is pretty sad.

You can say the market is over saturated at this point, Nemesis looks like an amazing game and it running concurrently with tons of stretch goals probably hurt the bottom line. also there are the murmurings of Batman mini game coming at the end of the month so people may be waiting on that. Overall this was the least successful "big game" for CMON they may need to review their approach to these. I am not a big fan of the way CMON handles their KS'ers or game support after the fact.

really interested in getting my hands on U-boot and still waiting for "heavy hitters" to arrive (should be any time now).

all of the "big budget" box games i bought that have like 900 extra goals i end up not even playing. i have 2 copies of zombicide, rivet wars, sedition wars, rail something, just gathering dust. probably time to offload some of this junk.

Mav_Stl

Trakanon Raider
HATE didn't get the kickstarter love they were hoping. especially after Gloomhaven reprint pulled 4 mill+ and the success of the zombicide games. this was probably the most advertised KS game of all time and it only pulled 1.2 which is pretty sad.

You can say the market is over saturated at this point, Nemesis looks like an amazing game and it running concurrently with tons of stretch goals probably hurt the bottom line. also there are the murmurings of Batman mini game coming at the end of the month so people may be waiting on that. Overall this was the least successful "big game" for CMON they may need to review their approach to these. I am not a big fan of the way CMON handles their KS'ers or game support after the fact.

really interested in getting my hands on U-boot and still waiting for "heavy hitters" to arrive (should be any time now).

all of the "big budget" box games i bought that have like 900 extra goals i end up not even playing. i have 2 copies of zombicide, rivet wars, sedition wars, rail something, just gathering dust. probably time to offload some of this junk.

I think you’re exactly right. I do think part of the problem is some of these companies are trying to put out anything because the market is doing so well right now. Look at KDM 13mil, gloomhaven 7th continent etc. These games are all making several millions and I think the companies are starting to think they can put out anything that looks cool and it will do the same.

I will admit I was extremely excited for Hate when I first heard of it because of Eric and how much I love Blood Rage. However, after watching the play through I was put off with how shallow the game looked. Don’t get me wrong there are some really cool parts of the game as well but I just couldn’t justify backing it when there are a ton of other games already out that are proven to be good. Same with Nemisis, it looked much better than Hate but for the cost (240 I think) being a European company I couldn’t pull the trigger.

Just for reference I did back KDM and all in on 7th Continent but missed Gloomhaven because I thought it was too close to Descent which sounds like I’m completely wrong about and now kicking myself. Hopefully cool stuff gets more stock because the prices on eBay are silly. Seems like everything is going for 175+

All in all board gaming is an absolute blast right now!

Mav

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
2 ks that were supposed to be in my hands by late feb early March now delayed 8 weeks due to chineese new year, come on get those sweatshops running, at least my 3d printer should be here soon.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
2 ks that were supposed to be in my hands by late feb early March now delayed 8 weeks due to chineese new year, come on get those sweatshops running, at least my 3d printer should be here soon.

This is pretty common, unfortunately. Whenever I see a kickstarter expecting to deliver to me in January/february, I assume I'm getting in in march or april, because the tiniest delay will cause Chinese New Year month long partying to cause a big delay.

Also, it's not always the sweatshops, the ports get all fucked too.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah in this case it actually is the ports if you believe the kickstarter's everything's packed they just won't put it on the ships, one of them's even opting to go by train for some reason because it's faster

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah in this case it actually is the ports if you believe the kickstarter's everything's packed they just won't put it on the ships, one of them's even opting to go by train for some reason because it's faster

Yeah I’m surprised they did that. They said it’s going to cost them 3x the shipping but it will be faster. I’m guessing it’s because it’s so delayed already, they don’t want to piss everyone off. It was supposed to be delivered August of last year. They delayed it so long to tweak the hell out of the rules, I hope it’s fun, the minis are pretty cool.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the game play vids when the ks was live looked ok and I hope the game is fun after all the changes, but I bought it for the minis, the bell crow was what got me to pull the trigger.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just no interest in HATE for my group, the bulk of the time we play co-op.

Dark Souls has me pretty burnt out out on the higher $ Kickstarters. Nobody really liked it and I've got another $150 in expansions being shipped to me whenever. That is probably why I ended up balking at Nemesis, will consider it when it hits retail.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just no interest in HATE for my group, the bulk of the time we play co-op.

Dark Souls has me pretty burnt out out on the higher $ Kickstarters. Nobody really liked it and I've got another $150 in expansions being shipped to me whenever. That is probably why I ended up balking at Nemesis, will consider it when it hits retail.

Dark Souls is the only Kickstarter I regret. The fact that they just shit it out without playtesting, then lied about stuff just really rubbed me the wrong way. Then the extreme delay, which I'm more than fine with if it's to make your game better, but that's not the reason. Assclowns will never get money from me again.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Dark Souls is the only Kickstarter I regret. The fact that they just shit it out without playtesting, then lied about stuff just really rubbed me the wrong way. Then the extreme delay, which I'm more than fine with if it's to make your game better, but that's not the reason. Assclowns will never get money from me again.

Agreed. They misrepresented a number of things and if there ever was a reason I could send it back...I would.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Brother told me about this upcoming 4-player Submarine game. You are a Uboot crew in WW2 and go hunting for Allied convoys. Phone app integration is a big part with spotting & tracking enemy ships, as well as random events.

I backed it on his behalf and will give it to him for his birthday. Looks like a lot of fun.

5b6c69d1136fec02f8264b7961c9d70d_original.jpg

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Third on the regret dark souls purchase. Still waiting on everything from the Kickstarter and they sent me an email last week for some other game where for $150-$250 I can join the alpha but I'll need to print out my own cards, rulebooks, etc. The balls on those guys

• 1Like