Kickstarters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just received my Kingdom Death core game from last year's kickstarter. Now to check all my components... there's a lot of people reporting cards mix-ups, printing errors, etc...

Is there a list to check against somewhere? Haven’t dug into cards yet, I’ve just put together starting miniatures so far.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Scratch my pristine comment, minor "pressing" damage on a few screaming antelope updated gear. Not concerned though with how gear cards are used however.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished the Phoenix build. I think the hands took twice as long as the body. Anyone getting ready to attempt this...make sure you are in a room with dark carpet, you WILL drop hands, and they will going flying/bouncing onto the floor. They are the exact same color as my carpet. After it happened the second time and it took me 15 minutes to find it, I put a big dark blanket down under me and my desk. Man those were a pain in the ass.

Vaclav

Just finished the Phoenix build. I think the hands took twice as long as the body. Anyone getting ready to attempt this...make sure you are in a room with dark carpet, you WILL drop hands, and they will going flying/bouncing onto the floor. They are the exact same color as my carpet. After it happened the second time and it took me 15 minutes to find it, I put a big dark blanket down under me and my desk. Man those were a pain in the ass.

LOL that does happen - all beige tile here, so similar, gave me an excuse to sweep the floor a bunch of times.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know the dragon looks amazing, that’s about it. I haven’t read into much cause I’ve already spent way more money than I should on damn miniatures over the past two years. I don’t have the time to play what I already have lol.

Joking aside, it all looks pretty badass, but I really am spread too thin already. If you have the time and money, it’s probably a good one to get into.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
If i got it i would really want to paint the miniatures since the enjoyment for me goes up so much. I'm still working on the last few expansions of Descent though and i don't know if i would have the energy to paint up like 6-700 miniatures for the base pledge and the mythic add-on. All the miniatures look like quality though so maybe it will be fun. If the prep work like cleaning flash is minimal it's easier to keep motivation up and the dragon is indeed super sweet :D

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I really like the look of that game, wish it was 5-6 players.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Too Many Bones Undertow is in the final 24 hours. I still highly recommend it. Awesome components, over the top customer service, very replayable, and new campaign mode sounds like it will make a great game even better. I’m all in on the new stuff, already have all the old.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Just got KDM in...the box is as big as my Husky. Someone was suggesting I could proxy the models and sale the included ones for good value, but I'm a bit too much of a completionist for that, I think.

No idea when I'll get around to putting it together and getting people together to play it, though. I might need to outsource the models to the rest of the people playing with me.

Vaclav

Just got KDM in...the box is as big as my Husky. Someone was suggesting I could proxy the models and sale the included ones for good value, but I'm a bit too much of a completionist for that, I think.

No idea when I'll get around to putting it together and getting people together to play it, though. I might need to outsource the models to the rest of the people playing with me.

Prologue Survivors, Intimacy, Old and Young Survivor, and all the core monsters should run you one long evening to assemble - and anything beyond that is just extra survivors to OCD matching them which is absolutely unnecessary - you can 100% play without assembling any of the time consuming armor kits. (They are awesome, but they're time consuming)

Phoenix takes about an hour or so (with Vibrant Lantern for the hands - double that without) other monsters should only take 15-30 min a piece. Survivors for the "easy list" I put up there should run 5-15 a piece. (mostly 5 assuming you're doing a bunch together rather than doing only one and waiting for it to dry each step - they're easy to assemble alot is just drying time before next piece)

theprediger

Trakanon Raider
It's standalone but compatible with ZBP and MD. The only real progression campaigns I've seen have been a couple of player made ones that look fairly well done. CMON doesn't really give a fuck enough to make a true campaign so far. Too busy churning cash. They are the EA of the board game world imo

We played the MD "campaign" but the design is lacking a lot. Got rid of it via ebay for a bit of a profit.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We played the MD "campaign" but the design is lacking a lot. Got rid of it via ebay for a bit of a profit.

Yeah it’s obvious campaign mode was tacked on to appease backers and wasn’t tested. I’ll use it for single sessions, and leave campaign to games designed around it like KDM and Gloomhaven. The miniatures are still really good, will keep me painting for a long time.

Raign

Golden Squire
Yeah it’s obvious campaign mode was tacked on to appease backers and wasn’t tested. I’ll use it for single sessions, and leave campaign to games designed around it like KDM and Gloomhaven. The miniatures are still really good, will keep me painting for a long time.

Pretty stoked as I have both KDM and Gloomhaven coming early December and some good time off over Christmas to play them. Heard a few mixed reviews on KDM, but Gloomhaven has been overwhelmingly positive.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Gloomhaven is great, it isn't anything like MD or ZBP though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user